No announcement yet.

QPR 1882: A Portrait of Dignity.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QPR 1882: A Portrait of Dignity.......

Whilst reading my copy of AKUTR's & sitting in my seat watching our players warm up before the match on saturday, I noticed an elderly Gentleman to the right of where I was seated who was the steward for the disabled section, I have seen this Gentleman on occassions before, he has got a limp & strikes as a real "old school" West London type if you know the type I am talking about, what struck me about this Gentleman whilst I observed him was his quiet dignity of the man & the pride he took in helping people, about 5 minutes after the match had started, I noticed this Gentleman returned and gave a young lad a couple of rows in front of me a sheet of paper with all the players names & numbers on, the teamsheets, which he had obviously gone up all the way to the press box or wherever just to get this sheet of paper for a young lad even those this Gentleman clearly had difficulty with his mobility.
    This portrait of human dignity almost moved me to tears, I am sure this Gentleman has been working at the club in some capacity for years & for me is the very roots & essence of QPR, for me its things like that that we are danger of losing, Briatore wouldnt even let this man clean his shoes, but this is what we are in danger of losing, we have been going since 1882, there are not many older clubs than us in the World.
    I have no axe to grind with Briatore, but I know what side of the fence I sit on, & I know what the essence & roots of my football club is: Gentleman like the steward in the disabled section in the East Paddock.
    Sir, I salute & applaud your dignity, pride & decency.

I remember posting just after this lot took over, that within five years, only the shell of our wonderfull club would be left, the inside would be rotten to the core.

That five years was a big over estimation on my part.
    They seek him here.................

Comment

The old man handed the lad the team sheet 5 mins AFTER the game had started?
      Sorry but should really be getting it to him BEFORE the game. Not good enough. Shoddy service!

Comment

Originally posted by AndyB View Post
        Sorry but should really be getting it to him BEFORE the game. Not good enough. Shoddy service!
        Oi, its a quality post, no need to be so cynical!
        Banning people is no longer my hobby,
        but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
        http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

Originally posted by AndyB View Post
          It was the teamsheet thing that they give out in the press box / corporate boxes etc, this guy had trouble walking and went & got the teamsheet from wherever he had to go to get it, just so the young lad could have it as a souvenir from his day at the football.
          Now forgive me for coming over all dewy eyed, but the Gentleman did it out of the goodness of his heart, it moved me deeply observing the dignity of this Gentleman, might sound like nonsense to you, but its exactly this kind of sentiment that we are in danger of losing forever as a club.
          I dont know about anyone else, but this is the type of QPR that I will always hold close to my heart & love.

Comment

Sorry KLR - tongue was firmly "in cheek".

Comment

I blame Paladini for not having a teamsheet on every seat :anger:

Comment

Originally posted by KLR View Post
                Whilst reading my copy of AKUTR's & sitting in my seat watching our players warm up before the match on saturday, I noticed an elderly Gentleman to the right of where I was seated who was the steward for the disabled section, I have seen this Gentleman on occassions before, he has got a limp & strikes as a real "old school" West London type if you know the type I am talking about, what struck me about this Gentleman whilst I observed him was his quiet dignity of the man & the pride he took in helping people, about 5 minutes after the match had started, I noticed this Gentleman returned and gave a young lad a couple of rows in front of me a sheet of paper with all the players names & numbers on, the teamsheets, which he had obviously gone up all the way to the press box or wherever just to get this sheet of paper for a young lad even those this Gentleman clearly had difficulty with his mobility.
                This portrait of human dignity almost moved me to tears, I am sure this Gentleman has been working at the club in some capacity for years & for me is the very roots & essence of QPR, for me its things like that that we are danger of losing, Briatore wouldnt even let this man clean his shoes, but this is what we are in danger of losing, we have been going since 1882, there are not many older clubs than us in the World.
                I have no axe to grind with Briatore, but I know what side of the fence I sit on, & I know what the essence & roots of my football club is: Gentleman like the steward in the disabled section in the East Paddock.
                Sir, I salute & applaud your dignity, pride & decency.
                Nice post, sums up how the more senior members of society are prepared to go that little extra mile, does make you feel humble. Perhaps you should pass on the regards of many on this site.

Mr Briatore should be made aware of this lovely gentleman
                I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

The Gentleman in question is the steward in the disabled section of the East Paddock, a real "Old School" West London / QPR type.
                  I salute this Gentleman.

Comment

Originally posted by Cambs Hoops View Post
                    Nice post, sums up how the more senior members of society are prepared to go that little extra mile, does make you feel humble. Perhaps you should pass on the regards of many on this site.

Mr Briatore should be made aware of this lovely gentleman
                    Agreed but would he care!

Comment

This is something we are missing from the whole of England.
                      It will die out with those who remember the last world war.

I watch people showing their disgust and anger at football clubs when they face take overs and the likes yet the country England, is being ruined day by day and we do nothing.

It's the future we all have to face I'm afraid.
                      The future's bright...the future is blue and white.
                      :grimace:

Comment

Originally posted by Neo View Post
                        This is something we are missing from the whole of England.
                        It will die out with those who remember the last world war.

I watch people showing their disgust and anger at football clubs when they face take overs and the likes yet the country England, is being ruined day by day and we do nothing.

It's the future we all have to face I'm afraid.
                        Those responsible will be held accountable, of this I have no doubts at all.

Comment

Politicians are never held accountable mate.
                          But I do hope that changes and you are right.
                          I keep using my vote when I can but it never works because most English people moan but don't do anything.
                          The future's bright...the future is blue and white.
                          :grimace:

Comment

Originally posted by Neo View Post
                            Politicians are never held accountable mate.
                            But I do hope that changes and you are right.
                            I keep using my vote when I can but it never works because most English people moan but don't do anything.
                            If history shows us anything, then it shows us that the wind always changes at some point.
                            New Labour / BBC people will not die of natural causes, that might sound extreme, but how can anyone justify any other outcome after what they have done to this country ?
                            Political assasination is a justified means to an end, especially in the context of this country 7 the predicament it has found itself in as a result of these peoples treasonable / heretical actions.
                            NEW LABOUR / BBC, BURN BURN BURN.

Comment

Originally posted by KLR View Post
                              If history shows us anything, then it shows us that the wind always changes at some point.
                              New Labour / BBC people will not die of natural causes, that might sound extreme, but how can anyone justify any other outcome after what they have done to this country ?
                              Political assasination is a justified means to an end, especially in the context of this country 7 the predicament it has found itself in as a result of these peoples treasonable / heretical actions.
                              NEW LABOUR / BBC, BURN BURN BURN.
                              Enough already, you started this thread with a brilliant post, please do not veer off in this ugly direction.
                              Banning people is no longer my hobby,
                              but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
                              http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

Working...
                              X