So so proud of our team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
    Nah... it's a pen - legs get tangled too. Thing is, daft and pointless challenge by Vargas. The Amish looking fellah was just heading to byline with Isla (or someone) in attendance/covering so no need for Vargas to come in from "wrong side" and make that challenge.
    Everyone who isn't a chelsea fan has said that it was a very harsh penalty, Hazard went looking for it and Vargas couldn't get out of the way because hazard held his arm out
    "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
      Nah... it's a pen - legs get tangled too. Thing is, daft and pointless challenge by Vargas. The Amish looking fellah was just heading to byline with Isla (or someone) in attendance/covering so no need for Vargas to come in from "wrong side" and make that challenge.
      Wrong! Vargas didn't "come into" the challenge at all. Watch it from behind and Hazard was yards to the right then detoured massively towards and into Vargas, who just used a strong shoulder, which is meant to be allowed. The fact Hazard threw himself down with his arms out and we had a poor ref are what caused the pen not Vargas, who couldn't get out of the way when Hazard ran into him.

Comment

Originally posted by Del View Post
        Wrong! Vargas didn't "come into" the challenge at all. Watch it from behind and Hazard was yards to the right then detoured massively towards and into Vargas, who just used a strong shoulder, which is meant to be allowed. The fact Hazard threw himself down with his arms out and we had a poor ref are what caused the pen not Vargas, who couldn't get out of the way when Hazard ran into him.
        Absolutely Del, Vargas doesn't change his line of running, it is Hazard that moves into him arm out and when they collide throws himself to the ground. Weak, pathetic and unecessary by both the ref and Hazard but affraid that's what you get if you are a top four team struggling at home. No way would it have been given up the other end.

Comment

Originally posted by rickyranger View Post
          Absolutely Del, Vargas doesn't change his line of running, it is Hazard that moves into him arm out and when they collide throws himself to the ground. Weak, pathetic and unecessary by both the ref and Hazard but affraid that's what you get if you are a top four team struggling at home. No way would it have been given up the other end.
          Exactly.

Comment

Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post
            To think that the billion team had to rely on a dodgy penalty to beat us and use time wasting tactics at the end.
            Bring on City.
            agree 100% looking forward to next week now
            TWITTER
            @alanfullerqpr

FACEBOOK
            Alan Fuller

QPR IS MY LIFE.

Comment

Originally posted by alanfullerqpr View Post
              agree 100% looking forward to next week now
              Can't Wait!!!

Comment

Blimey.........first game on match of the day. Thats been a while.

Comment

Now that I've seen it on PVR, for me it was a nailed on penalty that should have been given at either end. Shoulder to scapula, not shoulder to shoulder. You simply can't do that.
                  'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

still soft for me, having gone today and now seen it in slow mo on motd
                    Rangers Til I Die
                    follow me at twitter.com/arthurqpr

Comment

I've seen it so many times now and at many angles, I think it was a harsh call as others have said Hazard looked to lean into Vargas, he knew exactly what he was doing and forced the ref to make a decision which I think he got wrong! It was totally unecessary by Vargas to even be in that position, bit of a mistake that cost us!
                      Last edited by gator; 02-11-2014, 03:08 AM.
                      @gatorTFC

Comment

Working...
                      X