QPR zeros to heroes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
    Paul Furlong...Heidar Helguson...Bobby Zamora...

1) How many more can you name?

2) Who do you predict will be the next one?
    in a not so showy way, both karl henry and richard dunne have been absolutely top class in the last few matches, especially given their (supposedly) top class replacements...

next up... clint hill (again)

Comment

Originally posted by hh9 View Post
      Adel
      No that'll be hero to zero
      SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Les Ferdinand
        Couldn't hit a barn door with a banjo before he went on loan to Besiktas.

Comment

Clint is one for me, was extremely sceptical when Warnock brought him in and he's an absolute hero in my eyes nowadays!
          "Imagine a relationship that went wrong but you held on in there for years: that's what it is like supporting a football team. Your loyalty to a team can never die. Ties are stronger than they could ever be with a woman. If she goes and sleeps with your best mate, it's over. If the Rs' boss, Ian Holloway, slept with my best mate, QPR would still be my team. Even if many of the things that you loved about going to matches have gone - terraces, team shirts without sponsors and being able to smoke at grounds - you still stick with your team." - Peter Doherty.

Comment

Will Rio be the next zero to hero...and prove everyone wrong?...

Comment

Originally posted by ConorM1882 View Post
              Clint is one for me, was extremely sceptical when Warnock brought him in and he's an absolute hero in my eyes nowadays!
              Agree, he was sent off against Bolton in that first game back in the PL, he was found wanting. He went out to Forest for a short time on loan and came back fitter, stronger and wiser. To me a modern day leg end in our team.
              I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                Will Rio be the next zero to hero...and prove everyone wrong?...
                This wouldn't surprise me, the team as a unit is working better now and not like before.

I still think it's time for one or two of Hill, Dunne & Rio to be moved on for younger players.

Players can still be hero's when they move on, I'd rather leave a Hero then making mistakes at the back.

Comment

Originally posted by Hertford Hoop View Post
                  Agree, he was sent off against Bolton in that first game back in the PL, he was found wanting. He went out to Forest for a short time on loan and came back fitter, stronger and wiser. To me a modern day leg end in our team.
                  Definitely mate! Sure he even tells the story about how he got booed passing the Springbok on his way to his car having made his debut in a friendly, reckon it'd be a very different story nowadays!!
                  "Imagine a relationship that went wrong but you held on in there for years: that's what it is like supporting a football team. Your loyalty to a team can never die. Ties are stronger than they could ever be with a woman. If she goes and sleeps with your best mate, it's over. If the Rs' boss, Ian Holloway, slept with my best mate, QPR would still be my team. Even if many of the things that you loved about going to matches have gone - terraces, team shirts without sponsors and being able to smoke at grounds - you still stick with your team." - Peter Doherty.

Comment

Working...
                  X