Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Special Poppy Badges

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Special Poppy Badges

    Morning all

    As some of you might know,I sell Poppies each year in the Isleworth area and when we collected the boxes last night I was also given 50 special metal badges with the poppy also having 1914-2014 on them

    I will bring a few today if anyone wants one and they cost 2 (or more if you want) and all proceeds to the Royal British Legion of course so if you know me then please ask me for one and hopefully I will have some left with me

  • #2
    Top man Isleworth ,for giving your time to such a good cause , i bought one in London Bridge the other day ,and i witnessed people buying them for 5 ,10 and one fella for a score , had my break at London Bridge and strolled over to see the poppies round the Tower of London , it made me so proud and humble to witness that spectacle . The Mrs took the kids round there at half term ,so good for them to see and learn a bit about their immediate history. Bang full of tourists , lets not waste it all on them ,it`ll make every Londoner proud to see it ,well worth the effort
    Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

    Comment


    • #3
      Thanks to all those who bought a badge on Saturday especially those who donated a fiver

      Comment


      • #4
        A question for you Isle,are there poppy badges with our badge next to the poppy?
        I came here to chew gum and kick ass,and I'm all outta gum!

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by andythefish View Post
          A question for you Isle,are there poppy badges with our badge next to the poppy?
          You can buy those ones easily enough in most pubs around Shepherds Bush and also ones with the St Georges flag and I have bought some over the years but I would very much doubt a single penny goes towards the Royal British Legion

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by IsleworthRanger View Post
            You can buy those ones easily enough in most pubs around Shepherds Bush and also ones with the St Georges flag and I have bought some over the years but I would very much doubt a single penny goes towards the Royal British Legion
            Yes, I wonder if anything goes to them. Scandalous if it doesn't though.

            Comment


            • #7
              Isles,where can I buy the big poppies to tie onto the vans ??
              Ooh northern lads love gravy

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post
                Yes, I wonder if anything goes to them. Scandalous if it doesn't though.
                Even if its only a small percentage its b ollocks, after expenses ,everything should go to the British Legion . So even though i`d like to wear a QPR poppy badge , its always better to give your money to an official poppy seller.
                Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

                Comment


                • #9
                  While were on the subject ,i remember a couple of years ago ,guardian reader types were wearing white poppies ,apparently they were anti war poppies ( as though red poppies are pro war poppies ,think they missed the point .....) , does anyone know if the proceeds from those white poppies went to the British Legion ? if so,i dont get it,but fair play ,if not ,that was a disgrace also
                  Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by vespa View Post
                    Even if its only a small percentage its b ollocks, after expenses ,everything should go to the British Legion . So even though i`d like to wear a QPR poppy badge , its always better to give your money to an official poppy seller.
                    Could not agree more

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by vanhoop View Post
                      Isles,where can I buy the big poppies to tie onto the vans ??
                      I think each seller only gets one mate and I sold mine last night though Mrs Isleworth may still have one

                      If so if you PM me your address I could get it in the post tomorrow otherwise ask the next seller you see

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        British Legion have a website http://www.poppyshop.org.uk/. I bought a ceramic brooch with three poppies. Frequently I am away for Armistice Day and so don't get a chance to buy a poppy. Also I find that I always seem to lose my poppy with a day or two.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by IsleworthRanger View Post
                          I think each seller only gets one mate and I sold mine last night though Mrs Isleworth may still have one

                          If so if you PM me your address I could get it in the post tomorrow otherwise ask the next seller you see
                          Very kind of you mate,Mrs van managed to get one off a seller for me in harrow town centre.cheers isles
                          Ooh northern lads love gravy

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            https://www.poppyshop.org.uk/queens-...lapel-pin.html

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Bought 2, it's the British legion shop so the money is going to the right place, I think they look great.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X