my thoughts....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my thoughts....

After watching yesterdays performance I learnt that we are a premiership side with plenty of fight, passion and determination in us. That was a performance by players that want to be here, by players that want to play for the badge... Even Harry got it spot on. He picked the right team, he picked the right formation. He was enthusiastic and wanted the 3 points from the off... his post match interview was the best he's given since he's been here to. There was no bull$hit just honest passionate answers....

Ive said it all season that that was the best transfer window we've had for years. And that we now have such a naturally attacking team. The problem is its been so frustrating not playing attacking football and playing so negative all the time... But just look how we play and what happens when we play positive and play to our strengths.

I said this in another thread- IF we play like that every week and take our chance's, we'll finish mid table. But the problem is that's a big 'IF'....
    Will we set up like that again?
    Will Rio and Green be dropped again?
    Will Yun start again?
    Will we start 2 up front again?
    Will we attack like that from the off and maintain the pressure like we did yesterday?

IF we do the above then we 'WILL' finish mid table IMHO.
    SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

This was the famous (or infamous) 3-5-2 and it seemed to worked. Not sure about away games but it certainly should be used at LR.

To be fair to Harry he has not really had a change to use 2 strikers. We know that Zamora can't play 90 minutes. Vargas did not start playing until after the first international break and I expect it has taken time for him to settle in.

Comment

Seen too many false dawns to get my hopes up. Think we'll look like the usual slop next week. If we're going to have any hope at all of staying up we need to play like that week in week out. The fact we still lost yesterday shows just how tough it's going to be. Mid-table no chance.

Comment

If we finish mid table I will eat my hat. Played very well but still lost. You get 0 points for trying a bit harder unfortunetley.
        @chrisrobson9

Comment

I dont understand why it took HR 8 games to actually turn into the manager we all (doom mongers who love moaning about everything qpr aside) would be the man to take us forward and the best manager we could possibly ever have.
          I mean the formation, the tactics, the animation on the side lines and then THAT presser. That was though HR we all thought we were getting, and its taken him so long to actually look like he cared. Dont get it, but really dont care as long as it keeps up.

Comment

Not necessarily play the exact same formation and same players week in week out but play with this positive high tempo every week then we will bring something to each game that we've not done before... we've got the squad, we just need to play more positive football and that is what will make the difference and IMO goals will come.
            SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
              I dont understand why it took HR 8 games to actually turn into the manager we all (doom mongers who love moaning about everything qpr aside) would be the man to take us forward and the best manager we could possibly ever have.
              I mean the formation, the tactics, the animation on the side lines and then THAT presser. That was though HR we all thought we were getting, and its taken him so long to actually look like he cared. Dont get it, but really dont care as long as it keeps up.
              Spot on Kev. The question is, is this a 1 off. Personally I dont think it is. Ive never seen him like that at QPR. That interview was something else, he wants to be here, he wants to win. I'd love to be a fly on the wall a training this week, reckon everyone including HR will step up.
              SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

I'm not a Harry fan and never have been but do wonder if he and the players were woken up by the media polls where most fans seemed to be calling for ole Bagpuss' head. That was by far the best performance during his tenure. We hit the woodwork twice and lost to two OGs. Another day we would have comfortably beaten a top side. Now need to keep playing like that.

Comment

All I wanted to see was a performance and some passion from the management and players.. and I got that so im happy.
                  Agree with the above, im not sure what took HR so long to get the passion and fight but it was there yesterday! I reckon it was Harry being questioned which has rattled him - I do think players raise there game when they play the top sides so I think that also helped.

However, Villa is THE game.. We need to tonk Villa. We need to show exactly what we showed yesterday for the rest of the season.
                  It is Rangers though.. and whenever we normally get our hopes up over something, they are often dashed the following week!

Comment

Maybe Tony put something in the meal they had together!!

Comment

As iv'e said before I think there has been influences from above H R hasn't had the complete control some think he has

Comment

Originally posted by jmelanie View Post
                        This was the famous (or infamous) 3-5-2 and it seemed to worked. Not sure about away games but it certainly should be used at LR.

To be fair to Harry he has not really had a change to use 2 strikers. We know that Zamora can't play 90 minutes. Vargas did not start playing until after the first international break and I expect it has taken time for him to settle in.
                        It wasn't. It was four at the back with Isla sitting in front of Ned first half and moving to RB second half. OGs notwithstanding Dunne and Caulker looked solid. Hopefully Anton will henceforth be benchmeat. That back four will do for me for now with four at the back. Would still like to play a back three of Caulker Onouha/ Dunne and Hill.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
                            It wasn't. It was four at the back with Isla sitting in front of Ned first half and moving to RB second half. OGs notwithstanding Dunne and Caulker looked solid. Hopefully Anton will henceforth be benchmeat. That back four will do for me for now with four at the back. Would still like to play a back three of Caulker Onouha/ Dunne and Hill.
                            Agree, that back 4 looked good. Although I'd ike us to get a proper RB in January, so Ned can play CB. Fock Rio out the starting 11 straight away. Also thought Isla looked so much better/confident/comfortable playing ahead of the defence
                            SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Working...
                            X