Naive! We Need To Wise Up To Stay Up.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
    Just watched the re-run on MOTD2 and HR used the word NAIVE untold times in his interview, and its so abundantly clear that we are too inexperienced for the goings on in this division and we really need to get up to speed with them and wise up. When they scored their first goal, nobody stood in front of Sterling to stop the quick free quick and all the players were still arguing with the ref and gesturing to each other, and within seconds the ball is in the net.
    Then just before we scored, we got a free kick on the half way line, so away from their goal and no direct threat unlike their free kick was to us, and Coutiniho stood in front of Henry and got himself booked to prevent him taking it, which is exactly what Traroe or anyone else should of done.
    Add to that not claiming for the penalty or sending off of Johnson when he high kicked Austin on the line, (and it was the same story when crouch fouled Rio.)
    Lastly, that mad dangerous free kick in the final ten seconds that lost us a point was also very naive, and we should of just played keep ball till the final whistle.
    Things like this really matter, and we need to be more cute to get things working to our advantage instead of just laying down and being easy whipping boys

Either that or at least send the taller targets into the box to try and win the header i.e. Dunne and Caulker. Given how late it was (the final whistle should have been blown as 4 minutes were up), I would have preferred a short free kick to keep possession and get a point to lift them off the bottom of the table.

Comment

Such a shame though, cos it showed how badly the rangers players wanted to get a win for us and themselves that they were still desperate for a last second winner after going down twice. Please lets hope and pray that game was the turning point.

Comment

Originally posted by Greengrass View Post
        Deliberate fouling is
        QPR need to be cynical and learn to commit fouls to stop a break away attacks (Liverpool of old used to do this all the time as do Chelsea now (against Arsenal was an excellent example of how to stop a team from playing).

Comment

Such a shame though, cos it showed how badly the rangers players wanted to get a win for us and themselves that they were still desperate for a last second winner after going down twice. Please lets hope and pray that game was the turning point.
          I agree they wanted it, but surely Dunne and Caulker both staying back was never going to result in a QPR winner unless Liverpool scored an own goal. Only Austin posed an aerial threat for that last ditch free kick.

I can only hope that was a turning point, but it reminds me too much of the late equaliser Wigan scored when QPR got relegated. After such a great effort to win they drew and gave up for the last 4 or 5 games.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
            I agree they wanted it, but surely Dunne and Caulker both staying back was never going to result in a QPR winner unless Liverpool scored an own goal. Only Austin posed an aerial threat for that last ditch free kick.

I can only hope that was a turning point, but it reminds me too much of the late equaliser Wigan scored when QPR got relegated. After such a great effort to win they drew and gave up for the last 4 or 5 games.
            Hopefully this isn't the same, we were expected to beat Wigan. I don't think too many people thought we would get so close to beating Liverpool.

Comment

Its part of the game, whether we like it or not, gary oneil took one for the team famously for us. We need to get more tough and thats a definite.
              I thoroughly agree. Liverpool of the 70s & 80s were masters of the cynical foul to prevent a breakaway attack and now Chelsea, amongst other, are doing the same. Did anyone watch their game against Arsenal? Almost everytime Arsenal tried to build an attack, Oscar and others, would tug a shirt, clip an ankle or block the player and rarely got a booking for their trouble.

It's not easy to score a goal from a free kick in your own half.

Comment

Originally posted by jmelanie View Post
                Hopefully this isn't the same, we were expected to beat Wigan. I don't think too many people thought we would get so close to beating Liverpool.
                At first yes, but not with 10 men after Zamora's early red card.

I have seen one too many false dawns from QPR.

A good performance at home to Liverpool has nearly always been achieved but mostly ended in 'unlucky' losses (offside goals, deflected shots, penalties and other dubious decisions Ronny Rosenthal's winner any one?).

I hope I am wrong, but I suspect QPR will return to rolling over especially away from home.

Comment

Working...
                X