Let's build for the future now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's build for the future now

Today proved we have the players capable of competing in this league. However, with Harry or even Pullis in charge, we're hoping/praying we stay up this season. But if in all liklihood we go down, what then? Both will #### off, one to retirement and the other to some other premiership team. For me, we need to get a manager like Eddie howe in now or a manager who will stick with us if we go down and focus on developing the club from the bottom up. Give them a 4 year deal. If/when we do go down, at least we'll have the foundations in place. At the moment, we're going to be relegated and looking to find a manager and build a team again. Let's make the change now, not wait until after Villa. I don't want to be hearing "we lost here but we played a champions league team off the park" in christmas when we're bottom. We're too focused on the short term in Harry and Pullis. Facts are we have 4 points with nearly quarter of season through run by a manager who will leave if we go down.

I understand your logic but whatever manager we have now will not have the same team if we go down.

The likes of caulker, fer, mutch, vargas etc will not be kept in the championship as we attempt to lower the wage bill so it's naive to think that a 4 year deal now will allow the club to look toward the future.

I don't think the blame lies totally at the managers door and to change manager now would rock the boat too much if we are to stand any chance of staying up.

Comment

Agree most of 1st team players will change but he can make changes to youth team level and having a manager that will stick with us if we go down is stability we've been craving.

Comment

Petrasso just scored for Notts County

Comment

Working...
        X