Has Fer been a disappointment?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has Fer been a disappointment?

I keep hearing people saying this, but I don't think he has been a disappointment.

We expect too much from creative players like Fer and Taarabt, if they don't score or provide an assist each game, we start blaming them.

I think Fer has done ok, good composure, good feet. good vision, he's just been surrounded by a team who is playing very poorly. Same story with Taarabt all too often, players like Fer and Taarabt aren't Messi or Ronaldo or Bale, they don't have explosive pace, so their game relies on having good players around them who can compliment their game, this is why Taarabt did well at Milan, he had some good players around him who could link up with him.

I will hold my judgement of Fer until he has been given a chance to play with the likes of Taarabt and Vargas.
    Yes
    37.25%
    No
    62.75%

U can't judge a player after 5 or 6 games. We need to be supportive on here. Not trying to look for excuses all the time. Jesus I'm not sure there has been one player we have atm that people haven't wanted to drop.

How about we back whoever pulls on the shirt and see where that gets us

Comment

But tbh so far he (like the team) have performed a lot better at home

Comment

Reminds me of people slating Crouchy when he was with us. We are a strange bunch. Fer is obviously a very good player and from what I have seen has played well for us.
        'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

Am disappointed by the lack of effort in terms of tracking back, yes.

Comment

I voted yes. Clearly technically a very good player but I don't think I have seen anything so far from him that makes me think he will take a game by the balls and make it tick. Going forwards you can see the potential going towards his own goal he may as well not be on the pitch as he has no interest in getting back or putting a tackle in

I would go as far as to say all the signings Niko apart (Vargas not had a chance so exempt) have been a major disappointment the biggest of all personally is Caulker

Comment

I think caulker has been a rock!

Comment

Fer too early to tell !

Comment

Originally posted by Ablockhoop View Post
                  hahaha. He is as mobile as a rock

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                    I voted yes. Clearly technically a very good player but I don't think I have seen anything so far from him that makes me think he will take a game by the balls and make it tick. Going forwards you can see the potential going towards his own goal he may as well not be on the pitch as he has no interest in getting back or putting a tackle in

I would go as far as to say all the signings Niko apart (Vargas not had a chance so exempt) have been a major disappointment the biggest of all personally is Caulker
                    Agree with you 100% Westie

Comment

Originally posted by Ablockhoop View Post

Comment

Not overly impressed with him at all,had one decent game against Sunderland but apart from that has been poor,lazy & uninterested..... just what my canary supporting mates said he would be.

Comment

He's a young player coming into a club in turmoil, I'm reserving judgement but I still have high expectations. These players can excel unless the coaches/management sorts the team out...

Comment

When he hit that thunderbolt at home I thought he is going to be great for us. But is looking a bit average at the moment
                            You Rsssssss

Comment

Had a very good game against Sunderland, but otherwise imo he has been poor.
                              Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                              Pawel Wszolek - 6
                              Luke Freeman - 6
                              Matt Smith - 6
                              Ebere Eze - 4
                              Joel Lynch - 3
                              Tomer Hemed - 3
                              Toni Leistner - 2
                              Massimo Luongo- 2
                              Angel Rangel - 2
                              Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2