Matty Philipps scores twice in friendly against Wolves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matty Philipps scores twice in friendly against Wolves

I think he's been treated a bit harshly. The miss against Spurs was bad, but to give him credit, he created the chance with a good control.

The chance against Stoke wasn't an easy one, it's the kind of chance a good striker will put away but many midfielders will miss.

Plus, I think he has been quite good on the wings and whipped in some good crosses.

I personally wouldn't play him as there are better players ahead of him, but I think he hasn't been as bad as some have said.

Solid Championship player but what else? Routledge was way better in his position. Not terrible - just average.

Comment

like a 6/7 out of ten bint.....not the best but worth a cheeky punt now n then!
      you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

Tend to agree but don't forget his miss away at Untied too. He's been hard done by as Harry has played him to far forward in desperation. For me he plays on the wing or not at all with the simple instruction of use your pace run at your man and whip the ball in he he focused on that think he could be decent

Comment

What chance against Man Utd? That match just appears a haze to me now ...

Comment

He's better at home but seems hapless away

Comment

good result hopefully its lifted the lads and lets get a win at liverpool

Comment

Originally posted by TheNiceGuy View Post
                What chance against Man Utd? That match just appears a haze to me now ...
                For some really weird reason, I was thinking the chance was against Stoke but it was actually against Man Utd. Maybe because I have been trying to subconsciously forget the Man Utd game?

Comment

Working...
                X