Nice one Harry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice one Harry

Put Gerry Francis in his team of the 70's...

Now that's a team.

Comment

Am pleasantly surprised to see Gerry in there 77.... But well deserved. Thought it was the norm for QPR
      to have players in the England team and was so yeah, so what one of em is the England captain too.........Oh how I've learn't the bitter truth over the years...

Comment

Now, alas, we sign only old, has been ex internationals, Dave. They were bluer skies, weren't they. For two seasons John Robertson, fat, slow, apparently a smoker, was the best winger in the world...... Different days.

Comment

Read somewhere he liked a drink too....Stan loved him when he moved to Forest!

Comment

I have never heard of Robertson until I saw this.
            Know loads about the others but never heard Robertsons name ever mentioned.
            Was he any good?

Comment

Originally posted by HoopDoggyDogg View Post
              Was he any good?
              Old school winger. All guile. No pace. Almost walked past the full back. Great crosser of the ball. Scored for Forest in the European Cup final in 1980.....

Comment

I don't know about his 70's team Dave but if only Gerry had played for Harry previously he'd have been back playing for us now !
                "Steve, do you think 25k is a good option when there are indications that within four years, new stadiums on average have increased attendances of 60%?
                For us that would mean around 29k."

QPR Richard 16-12-2013 10.08pm

Comment

Originally posted by NW_Hoopz View Post
                  I don't know about his 70's team Dave but if only Gerry had played for Harry previously he'd have been back playing for us now !
                  I would have Mark Dennis back at the moment.

Comment

Gerry was captain of England and fully deserves to be in that team.

Another thing that jumped out at me - no proto-typical centre forward! I like that. You can build a successful team without a "target man".
                    'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

All that team are players that would battle, and give everything when on the field.
                      On paper we have players who have the ability to keep us in this league, but dont have any fight in them!!

Comment

I would have Mark Dennis back at the moment.
                        Ouch!
                        In fairness though he was a very decent player but his reputation preceded him. I remember his first game for us and he went in very late on a tackle and the whole loft end winced then sighs of relief when the ref never even booked him.

Comment

Was he any good?
                          Any good? He was only an integral part of Clough's Forest side that dominated England and Europe, winnning the premier league then champions league two years running, not to mention two consecutive league cups!

Brilliant winger in his day.

Comment

Originally posted by NW_Hoopz View Post

Comment

John Robertson was one of my favourite non-Rangers players of that era. Refer to what Stanley says as he covers it perfectly
                              #standuptocancer
                              #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Working...
                              X