Our Youngsters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our Youngsters

So now Harriman sent out on loan which could be viewed as ludicrous given he was our only natural RB.

That said I would love someone in the know to give an objective view of our youngsters. We all slate Harry, me included, for not giving any of them even a sniff. We are told how promising our development squad is. Truth is most of us know next to nothing about the kids.

It could be they are just not very good and will realistically never get near the first team as long as we are in the top two divisions. I'd hope that wasn't the case but we are speaking from a position of hope as opposed to knowledge.

Pretty sure harriman couldn't play for our team anyhow as he is 22 and wasn't registered as part of the 25. We've basically got no right back in the 25.. just players who can play there.

People will always harp on about "he's not good enough for the prem/first team, look at the sides he's been loaned to'. Everytime I've seen Harriman play i've never once thought that he is out of his depth and that included Jamie Carraghers testimonial where he was one of our better players. Even Steve Gallen said on the QPR podcast a few seasons ago that the likes of Ehmer, Sutherland, Harriman or Doughty would be able to cut it if called upon.
    Soldier: "im on reconnaissance sir.. im looking for our camouflage expert.. have you seen him?"
    Lovejoy: "No?!"
    Soldier: "GOD DAMNIT THAT GUYS GOOD!"

Please Follow My Twitter

Comment

Even if QPR's youngsters aren't up to it (I have no idea whether they are or not) there are some excellent prospects with so-called big clubs who will never get a chance. Leicester City has taken on half a dozen players from Man United, including three first-choice members of our first team squad. It's got to be the future for clubs like Rangers and City: a blend of hungry youngsters and good honest experienced pros.

Comment

I don't understand why anyone isn't calling for Ehmer to play RB. He's played it before, albeit not for us.
        Last edited by Shepherds Mush; 09-10-2014, 04:20 PM.

Comment

Austin was playing non-league football a few years ago. Was given a chance and improved gradually. So was Les in his time! If a young player is never given a chance to improve by playing, how can you judge him? In the only game Harriman played for us (against Liverpool) he did very well. If he was given a chance in the CCC last season, he would have improved by now. But at 22 still playing for the reserves, what motivation has he have left?

Comment

Originally posted by Martinmalta View Post
            Austin was playing non-league football a few years ago. Was given a chance and improved gradually. So was Les in his time! If a young player is never given a chance to improve by playing, how can you judge him? In the only game Harriman played for us (against Liverpool) he did very well. If he was given a chance in the CCC last season, he would have improved by now. But at 22 still playing for the reserves, what motivation has he have left?
            So true, good post.
            SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Harry would rather sign John Terry for us than give a fvcking youngster a chance.

Comment

Totally agree. Was almost criminal none of our development squad got a chance last season at a CCC level, particularly as we were so short in some positions. It must be demoralizing as Hell.

Comment

Spot on. Whats the point having a development squad? Train them up and then sell them on to Liverpool for peanuts I guess.

Comment

David Bardsley,our old fullback, is running an Academy in the States. Not so long ago, he was saying that he wouldn´t hesitate if ths cub wanted him to come back as a coach. I think he is very good coach, actually.
                    QPR
                    Best team in the world
                    Sort of

Comment

our club is rotten to the core at present!
                      you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X