Harsh on Harry?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Stanley View Post
    You miss my point. I'm not referring just to the luck at Wembley (though even that is arguable to term luck as it was a very well taken goal). I'm referring to luck balancing out over an entire season which law of averages tells you it does - hence the term 'you make your own luck'. Or hence the famous Gary Player quote: "The harder I practise the luckier I get". Even saying all that, I don't think QPR were particularly luckier than any of the other teams last season.
    Agree

Comment

Disagree. I think he does!
      Fair enough, if a waiter in a restaurant is bringing me my food doing just the bare minimum, I wouldn't praise the waiter, he is just doing what is the least expected of him, but I would thank him for doing his job. If however he is going out of his way and being polite and giving me great customer service, then I will praise him!

Comment

• Originally posted by Geng View Post
        First game 1993, season ticket since 95

I mostly don't mean to be rude, though I'm certainly guilty of the odd snipe. Often people mistake rhetoric for pointless rudeness. I think a lot of people on here aren't too used to having serious debates - hence how quickly this stuff gets personal. I don't think it's rude to be rude about someone's ideas; just don't attack them personally.

You might be referring to stuff like the 'lowbrow' thread. I wish people would just respond saying how and why I'm wrong rather than the usual boring stuff about not being a real fan or always being negative.
        I wasn't trying to say you're not a real fan by asking your first game, just curiosity.

I don't think it is right when people here start calling others a troll or supporters of some other club just because they have different opinions.

Just out of curiosity though, were QPR your closest local team, or did you have another closer local team like Brentford or Hayes, or maybe you're from a different part of London altogether. Maybe I'll start a thread asking people which postal area e.g. TW5, UB4, W5 etc they are originally from, I find that all quite interesting knowing how people from different walks of life ended up supporting QPR.

Comment

• TheNiceGuy, look it's really fine to have differences of opinion. No amount of persuasion or trying to make your point in multiple ways can ever change that fact.

Vive la difference my friend...

Comment

TheNiceGuy, look it's really fine to have differences of opinion. No amount of persuasion or trying to make your point in multiple ways can ever change that fact.

Vive la difference my friend...
            I totally agree with you, I just don't like it when people accuse you of being some sort of ungrateful person just because you would rather Harry got sacked and didn't think he did a great job last season.

Comment

• NiceGuy, you seem to be saying that nobody deserves credit if there was somebody else who could have hypothetically come in and done just as good a job. Harry is not Sir Alex therefore he does not deserve credit for getting us promoted. I strongly disagree. The fact of the matter is that Harry is the person who DID get us promoted and he deserves credit for it. Just as the 11 players on the pitch for Argentina in 1986 all got winners' medals because they WERE the ones who won the World Cup! The fact that others might have done as well doesn't mean they don't deserve their medals.

So, I say thanks to Harry for getting us up but since he is no longer getting the job done, it is time for a parting of the ways.
              'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

Working...
              X