Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pointless signing?

Just my opinion but with a back four of

simpson----ned---caulker---yun we would be in far better shape. with only caulker to settle in and gell with the others, our defence would have been very balanced and well settled. but no, we chuck isla,caulker and rio together all in the defence and this is what you get, no understanding between them, totally unsetteled and no one knows what the farking other is doing.

with capt clint,dunne,max elmah,harriman and even bambi himself...toare. can someone point out what was the point in bringing in Rio?

If its prem experience, well dunne,clint and ned has that.

i just cant for the life of me understand why we signed this hasbeen player on 40k per wk.

i questioned it at the time..... correction i was dead against it at the time and i still am now.
    Last edited by Hitman34; 08-10-2014, 02:29 PM.
    nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

I had always assumed he'd be fourth choice or so.

Comment

HR and TF probably thought he was still half decent...lol

Can see him getting dropped. He got a little bit of stick from us at west ham, that'll only get worse and soon enough Harry will HAVE to drop him....like he did with Zamora last season. Unlike Zamora, can't see Rio being an asset to us again after being dropped...Chief would have hopefully proved himself and remain as a starter from then on..

Wishful thinking, perhaps.
      "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

Comment

Whilst I didn't want us to sign Rio at first, when he arrived I began to believe alongside Caulker we would be very strong at centre half.

How wrong I was, the pair of them have been poor, Rio more than Caulker.

Once again, as was the case when we were last in the prem, you look at our situation and think 'what a mess'.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigdave View Post
          Whilst I didn't want us to sign Rio at first, when he arrived I began to believe alongside Caulker we would be very strong at centre half.

Once again, as was the case when we were last in the prem, you look at our situation and think 'what a mess'.
          Me too.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperHoopNik View Post
            HR and TF probably thought he was still half decent...lol

Can see him getting dropped. He got a little bit of stick from us at west ham, that'll only get worse and soon enough Harry will HAVE to drop him....like he did with Zamora last season. Unlike Zamora, can't see Rio being an asset to us again after being dropped...Chief would have hopefully proved himself and remain as a starter from then on..
            Wishful thinking, perhaps.
            Don´t think Harry will allow a signing wich is not made by him suceed. He is stubborn.
            QPR
            Best team in the world
            Sort of

Comment

TF even came out and said we wouldn't be signing Rio as it wasn't the way the club wanted to go. That signing was a complete con job by that ####ing chancer of a manager

Comment

Bad signing, just another shot player looking for a last payday and a chance to stay in the top division while promoting his book and media career.

We should never have signed him.
                Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

Rio should of retired end of last season.

Would of least gone out without his reputation going down the toilet.

Not like he needs the cash,been on £100k plus for years.

Comment

rio

rio is absolutely rubbish and should have retired two seasons ago
                    Click here to view my blog.

More...

Comment

Originally posted by QPR Richard View Post
                      Bad signing, just another shot player looking for a last payday and a chance to stay in the top division while promoting his book and media career.

We should never have signed him.
                      This.

Comment

definitely have Yun at left back with Traore an attacking wing man
                        I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                        This morning's tempest I have to cross
                        I must be guided without a stumble
                        Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Rio would have been a decent enough signing if the entire team wasn't a basket-case.

Pointing at individual players in this team (and the same goes for the last time in the Prem too) is short-sighted IMO

It might feel good to have a nice easy specific target for the abuse, but it's just a distraction from the fact that the whole team/setup/tactics/motivation is currently uninspired and underperforming.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigdave View Post

I thought exactly the same...:(

Comment

Working...
                            X