Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spyin' Kop - QPR vs Liverpool Sun 19 Oct 2014 13:30

Good afternoon,

I'm a Liverpool supporter who posts on the forum Red and White Kop. Prior to some games we send a sacrificial lamb into the wolves den to gauge the mood of the opposition support and try and gain some insight into the team we'll be facing. Hopefully the questions will be received in the manner they were intended, good natured rivalry, and I can make it out of here with some decent answers

1. To say your last two seasons have been a roller coaster is somewhat of an understatement. Winning only 4 games all season combined with relegation in 12/13, flips to winning 50% of your games the following season and gaining promotion back to the premier league. Given you've seen both sides of the fence recently, is it more fun to be winning in the championship or be in the top tier?
    2. The team which gained promotion last year went through a major overhaul in the summer with well over a dozen players leaving and eight new faces coming in. We all know 'Arry loves a bargain but have any of the new faces proves to be value for money? Has he misjudged any of the departures and should you have hung onto one of two?
    3. On the topic of transfers, you've spent around £50m net over the past two and a half years or around £10m per window. Not a great deal by modern standards but certainly not change you'll find down the back of the sofa either. What do you make of the owners backing of the manager in the transfer market?
    4. What were your aspirations going into this season and how are those aspirations matching up to the performances so far?
    5. Simply put, is 'Arry the man to take you forward and will he be here come the final whistle, on the final day of the season?

Onto the actual match....
    6. What starting 11 do you expect to see against Liverpool and how will they be set up?
    7. Which players for your team do you think will cause us the most bother? Who should Liverpool supporters be looking out for on your team?
    8. Are there any current Liverpool players that worry you?
    9. Prediction for the match.
    10. Predictions for both teams come end of the season.

Topical edit:
    11. What do you make of another over the hill Ferdinand being brought it? Does 'Arry really need such a big staff?

Cheers

(EDIT: Apols to the mods, I know me starting in a thread in the main forum is technically a breach of your rules but the away area seems a bit of a graveyard and I'm genuinely looking for home fan responses. If this causes an issue please feel free to move, merge or mod as applicable)
    Last edited by Titi Camara; 08-10-2014, 04:18 PM.

To make it a bit more of a two way street (and as there's still a week and a half till the match), once you're done if you have any questions for our fans feel free to post them. I'll take them back and do my best to return with some decent answers.

Comment

Originally posted by Titi Camara View Post
      To make it a bit more of a two way street (and as there's still a week and a half till the match), once you're done if you have any questions for our fans feel free to post them. I'll take them back and do my best to return with some decent answers.
      If you could ask them for my car stereo back, it would be much appreciated - thanks
      Minds Are Like Parachutes.
      Work Best When Open...
      @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

Originally posted by Fraggy View Post
        If you could ask them for my car stereo back, it would be much appreciated - thanks

Three and a half times as likely to have your vehicle interferred with round your stadium! And more than twice as likely to get attacked!

Yeah well, you can prove anything with facts can't ya
        Last edited by Titi Camara; 08-10-2014, 04:19 PM.

Comment

My manor? I'm in Canada and it sure sounded like a scouse
          Minds Are Like Parachutes.
          Work Best When Open...
          @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

I was trying to engraciate myself with the locals

Comment

The mood of the support is mainly hacked off and wanting to see the back of ole Bagpuss!

1. Personally I'd say winning more in Championship but our football was awful in both divisions.

2. On new signings I'd say too early to say. A number of them have promise and main difference has been that mainly Rio aside they haven't been pensioners. Should have kept Danny Simpson. Got Isla in as a right wing back, back three was a disaster which has left us with no dedicated RB.

3. Owners have backed the manager to the hilt and as I say difference this pre-season is that most have potentially good resale value.

4. We have been dire so far. The players are unfit, demotivated and disorganized. With the players we had brought in had been hoping for around 15th. Unless we change quickly think we will struggle to stay up.

5. No it has been a dire two years with him in charge save for Zamora's goal at Wembley which made us temporarily forget just how bad the we have been the rest of the time.

6. 4-4-2. Green, Onuha, Traore, Ferdinand, Caulker, Barton, Fer, Sandro, Krankie, Vargas, Austin.

7. Austin is a good player but needs service, Vargas has looked promising but not had great deal of time. Krankie has surprised us and looked one of our better players. To be honest don't think you will have too much to worry about!

8. Mostly the ones on the pitch! Seriously Liverpool haven't been great this season so potentially vulnerable to a surprise result on our part but unlikely.

9. I predict much frustration and a stroll for away side. 2-0 to Liverpool.

10. If we keep 'Arry bottom. If we don't and get someone half decent would still hope to haul ourselves out and get around 15th. For Liverpool you lot have disappointed but do like way Rodgers sets up his sides. Is a season of transition after Jaws' departure but think you will maybe scrape fourth and hopefully go onto better things next season.

Comment

Originally posted by Titi Camara View Post
                Good afternoon,

I'm a Liverpool supporter who posts on the forum Red and White Kop. Prior to some games we send a sacrificial lamb into the wolves den to gauge the mood of the opposition support and try and gain some insight into the team we'll be facing. Hopefully the questions will be received in the manner they were intended, good natured rivalry, and I can make it out of here with some decent answers

1. To say your last two seasons have been a roller coaster is somewhat of an understatement. Winning only 4 games all season combined with relegation in 12/13, flips to winning 50% of your games the following season and gaining promotion back to the premier league. Given you've seen both sides of the fence recently, is it more fun to be winning in the championship or be in the top tier?
                2. The team which gained promotion last year went through a major overhaul in the summer with well over a dozen players leaving and eight new faces coming in. We all know 'Arry loves a bargain but have any of the new faces proves to be value for money? Has he misjudged any of the departures and should you have hung onto one of two?
                3. On the topic of transfers, you've spent around £50m net over the past two and a half years or around £10m per window. Not a great deal by modern standards but certainly not change you'll find down the back of the sofa either. What do you make of the owners backing of the manager in the transfer market?
                4. What were your aspirations going into this season and how are those aspirations matching up to the performances so far?
                5. Simply put, is 'Arry the man to take you forward and will he be here come the final whistle, on the final day of the season?

6. What starting 11 do you expect to see against Liverpool and how will they be set up?
                7. Which players for your team do you think will cause us the most bother? Who should Liverpool supporters be looking out for on your team?

Cheers

(EDIT: Apols to the mods, I know me starting in a thread in the main forum is technically a breach of your rules but the away area seems a bit of a graveyard and I'm genuinely looking for home fan responses. If this causes an issue please feel free to move, merge or mod as applicable)
                Is 'Arry the man to take us forward? - No, 86% of fans on here want him out now.
                We're in a bit of a shambles.. you have nothing to worry about whatsoever as we cant defend to save our lives. (Harry keeps playing his mate Rio)
                We don't score enough goals or any goals at all for that matter.. Lovren will have Charlie in his back pocket.

The one player who may cause you trouble and someone who I expect to start will be Adel Tarbs.. Maybe Hoilett as well but 'Arry seems to like substituting him, even when he is the only player who looks like he is going to do something.. Hopefully Joey will be back to show some fight in the team. Fer can be another big player but he is hit and miss and looked like he couldn't be ars3d to run against west ham.

Harry don't even know his best team so to heck do we know what its going to be.
                We probably wont be anywhere near 'fit enough' to trouble you and I could give you all off Redknapp's excuses after the match right here and now, a week early.

It looks like Harry's staying cos his Fernandes's mate so we will be going down, which is where we belong right now IMO. We like to do things the wrong way round at this club.. I think you lads will finish 5th this season and I think you will beat us a week on Saturday 0-3.
                Last edited by West London is Rss; 08-10-2014, 04:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
                  Is 'Arry the man to take us forward? - No, 86% of fans on here want him out now.
                  We're in a bit of a shambles.. you have nothing to worry about whatsoever as we cant defend to save our lives. (Harry keeps playing his mate Rio)
                  We don't score enough goals or any goals at all for that matter.. Lovren will have Charlie in his back pocket.

The one player who may cause you trouble and someone who I expect to start will be Adel Tarbs.. Maybe Hoilett as well but 'Arry seems to like substituting him, even when he is the only player who looks like he is going to do something.. Hopefully Joey will be back to show some fight in the team. Fer can be another big player but he is hit and miss and looked like he couldn't be ars3d to run against west ham.

Harry don't even know his best team so to heck do we know what its going to be.
                  We probably wont be anywhere near 'fit enough' to trouble you and I could give you all off Redknapp's excuses after the match right here and now, a week early.

It looks like Harry's staying cos his Fernandes's mate so we will be going down, which is where we belong right now IMO. We like to do things the wrong way round at this club.. I think you lads will finish 5th this season and I think you will beat us a week on Saturday 0-3.

Where did you get your figures from?

Comment

Originally posted by qpr_matt View Post
                    Where did you get your figures from?
                    have a look at the poll.

Comment

Titi were pony and heading for the relegation trap door without having even given it a go because Bagpuss face cant be arsed to coach the team during the week or get out his seat on match day to b ollock the team. That's all you need to know. Were s hit and will get s hitter while he remains at the helm

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                        Titi were pony and heading for the relegation trap door without having even given it a go because Bagpuss face cant be arsed to coach the team during the week or get out his seat on match day to b ollock the team. That's all you need to know. Were s hit and will get s hitter while he remains at the helm

Comment

Originally posted by Hubble

The former. And we were bloody lucky to get promoted, which has turned out to be a poisoned chalice (IMHO).

Value for money? So far, nope. We shouldn't have let go of Routledge 3 seasons ago, but that's another story. I'm surprised he let that kid we signed off you, Robertson is it, go straight out on loan, and I wish he'd play Yun for once. A lot of people think he should'nt have let Danny Simpson go, but I think he was a pretty poor RB.

A total farking mess. The wrong players on astronomical wages, and an ongoing farce - for example: TF: 'I can tell you for certain, we're not going back to the mistakes of 2 seasons ago and buy Rio Ferdinand'. 2 weeks later, he buys Rio Ferdinand.

To not get relegated. So far, it looks like we will get relegated.

A) No, B) I hope not, but Teflon 'Arry will probably still be here and who knows, maybe the old buffer will turn it around.

Can't be arsed.

For me, Charlie Austin - despite people slating him, I think he's done great so far, with little service. Give him the service, he will score.

Balotelli worries me. What is going on in that man's head?

2-2

Liverpool: 5th

QPR: 20th
                          From the away end thread...cheers Hubble

Comment

Surely there's got to be few more with an opinion

Comment

Some big team from up North poached are young star player before we got to see him play in a hooped shirt THAT IS ALL !! Ps can we have Sterling back now
                              Dyslexic so please don't feel the need to correct my spelling mistakes as I really don't give a **** and before you say use spell checker if it is spelt right / wright but not in context spell check is useless

Comment

Working...
                              X