Can we afford to be relegated?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can we afford to be relegated?

Not only talking financially, is the risk to our club's survival too great?
    Hope I'm not being too melodramatic here, but I feel intuitively (no facts, just a feeling) that TF might feel that it's just not worth the candle like he did with Caterham. Nobody likes to be associated with failure, with ridicule, especially someone who is as successful as he is in his main business.
    If he decides to pack it in, we face the rocky road to penury, and a very short road it is too.
    That is why I believe we must survive in the Prem and get in whoever can give us the best chance of achieving that admittedly short term goal.

I don't think we can

Comment

We can't afford to be relegated again any more than we can afford Tony's bleeding-heart and bleeding-cash leadership style any longer. Something's got to give.
      Banning people is no longer my hobby,
      but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
      http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

Not this time round, will drop the leagues
        http://twitter.com/Mellowhoop

Comment

Its s@@t or bust!

Comment

Could feasibly end up doing a Pompey, then we can all chip in and run the club ourselves......

.....silver lining and all that!

Comment

Originally posted by 12321 View Post
              Not only talking financially, is the risk to our club's survival too great?
              Hope I'm not being too melodramatic here, but I feel intuitively (no facts, just a feeling) that TF might feel that it's just not worth the candle like he did with Caterham. Nobody likes to be associated with failure, with ridicule, especially someone who is as successful as he is in his main business.
              If he decides to pack it in, we face the rocky road to penury, and a very short road it is too.
              That is why I believe we must survive in the Prem and get in whoever can give us the best chance of achieving that admittedly short term goal.
              TF can't just walk away he would have to sell the club and at the moment he would lose millions along with his reputation being tarnished.

We also have the Amit and co who are shareholders so if TF did want to sell I would hope they would buy the club
              We Are The People.....

Comment

Amit and Co aren't interested, they wouldn't let the club go belly up though.
                http://twitter.com/Mellowhoop

Comment

We didnt go bust last time and we were in much worse situation then. We have a whole load of players with resale value. The new stadium/housing project will make them millions and that is the main reason the Mittals have hung around for so long. No one's walking away.

Comment

Originally posted by Rangersw12 View Post
                    TF can't just walk away he would have to sell the club and at the moment he would lose millions along with his reputation being tarnished.

We also have the Amit and co who are shareholders so if TF did want to sell I would hope they would buy the club
                    The money he has ploughed in to the club is as good as gone and he knows it, and where 'sporting' enterprises are concerned he reals doesn't have any rep to live up to. Not trying to be negative but I can't see him carrying on indefinitely if there is nothing in it for him.

Comment

Originally posted by 12321 View Post
                      The money he has ploughed in to the club is as good as gone and he knows it, and where 'sporting' enterprises are concerned he reals doesn't have any rep to live up to. Not trying to be negative but I can't see him carrying on indefinitely if there is nothing in it for him.
                      He won't walk away with the possibility of the OOC gold mine on the horizon
                      We Are The People.....

Comment

I have to say i fear for us more if we get relegated this season than i did the last time.
                        Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                        Pawel Wszolek - 6
                        Luke Freeman - 6
                        Matt Smith - 6
                        Ebere Eze - 4
                        Joel Lynch - 3
                        Tomer Hemed - 3
                        Toni Leistner - 2
                        Massimo Luongo- 2
                        Angel Rangel - 2
                        Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                        Geoff Cameron - 1
                        Aramide Oteh - 1
                        Jake Bidwell - 1
                        Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

I think we CAN afford it because I think the owners would pay it.. but I think it would a massive massive backward step again

Comment

Originally posted by Jeems View Post
                            We didnt go bust last time and we were in much worse situation then. We have a whole load of players with resale value. The new stadium/housing project will make them millions and that is the main reason the Mittals have hung around for so long. No one's walking away.
                            On the wages we lay a fair number of our players turn into liabilities rather than assets as we have seen when we have tried to off-load a lot of them. The new stadium is looking at best 50/50 and will be many years down the track if at all. Its true they can't simply "walk away" but they might decide to write off a lot of the money they are owed and effectively hand it over to someone else - who could turn out to be brilliant. Or not. Under that scenario we would start to look such a mess I can't see anyone serious and big time coming in for us and we cd be at the mercy of the kind of chancers and charlatans who hung around Portsmouth and other clubs.

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
                              Its s@@t or bust!
                              And........

Comment

Working...
                              X