Eddie Howe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SuperHoopNik View Post
    If we go down yes, can clearout and rebuild. As mentioned above, can't see Howe controlling a dressing room of our sort.
    Agree with this

I would not touch Eddie Howe with a barge pole unless we happy to go down and start a fresh and give the guy four years no matter what happens. The current situation is not for Eddie I am afraid lets not forget the geezer fraggled out at Burnley QPR may not be a Huge club but the current managers position given how the club is always in the limelight negatively is a massive high profile job and I would say its too big for him given he could not handle Burnley

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
      I'm sure Burnley fans thought the same, before he failed miserably there.
      Tad harsh mate. He won sumit like 34 out of 87 there So hardly amazing but not at I would, personally, call
      A miserabLe failure. He was only 33 at the time (they even had a couple players in the squad older than him ) and it was a massive learning curve for him.

What he had done at Bournemouth is fantastic and I really think he will be a brilliant manager in years to come (he's still only 36).

That said, I don't think he would be the right choice for us right now. We need a strong manager that won't take any $hit and knows the PL - aka Steve Clarke!

Howe is one of three Young English managers that deserves the hype IMO, unlike that Robinson at MK Dons - he's ridiculously overrated IMO.
      You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by rickyranger View Post
        What an excellent post and true in so many ways. Always thought Fernandes had the club at heart and hoped he had learnt the errors of his initial chairmanship but seems not. Really can't see how he will ever appoint a manager such as Howe so guess pullis is our only hope.
        I agree with you and GaxZE. How can an inexperienced man manager come in and motivate these multi millionaires who have had better careers than he could ever dream of?

Look an Paolo Di Canio, when he was at Swindon he was able to bully the players into playing long and hard. He goes to Sunderland and soon finds out his lower division ways won't work on experienced Premier League players.

Tony Pulis has been in the top league for a long time now and has managed a varied set of player personalities. He has had the young raw players like Shawcross who he helped to groom into a dominant Captain. Can see him doing the same with Caulker.

He's brought in players like Owen, Woodgate and Upson who were former England players and probably past it at the top level. He gave them game time here and there but wasn't afraid to drop them for the sake of the team. Can you see Redknapp daring to drop Ferdinand?

He wouldn't give a rebel like Taarabt the Captaincy just to keep him happy. He puts the result before individuals which is the best way.

Comment

Can see someone like Moyes being lined up though.

Comment

Working...
          X