Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Controversial alternative view on the game..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Controversial alternative view on the game..

I actually thought we did all right yesterday. I think we were unlucky with both goals, and for large parts of the game, we looked the better team. I thought Onuoha was immense. I think the problem is we're still a few weeks behind all the other teams in the Prem in terms of the team gelling (are we allowed to use that word still?), and this is because we got promoted with a squad largely unfit for life in the top tier.

If there is blame to be apportioned, then it should go to Harry and the board for last season's preparations, rather than this one's, because a squad was built with one aim in mind - promotion - without looking further forward than that. We had a chance in last January's transfer window to strengthen the squad, particularly in the area of strikers, but this was terribly handled with the farce of last-minute loans like Kevin Doyle and Will Keane.

The controversial thing is that I feel we are getting better each game, as the team learn to play together collectively, not like the bunch of strangers we saw turn up at Spurs and Utd. And I also feel that we will stay up with this squad and with Harry at the helm. It may not be pretty right now, but I don't see the reason for the intense mass panic, given that it's still relatively early days and tbh, for a team newly promoted, having suffered the ravages of Hugheless tenure and the huge amount of rebuilding that had to be enacted, we're not doing any worse than I would have expected. I know everyone wants results immediately, and patience is in very short supply, but IMHO sacking the manager now would not help - quite the opposite. This is the moment TF and the board need to be realistic and simply make sure we achieve the single goal of the season: to stay up. However, knowing QPR and TF, it will probably be precisely at this moment he decides to get rid.

If a miracle occurred and QPR fans got behind Harry and the team, both vocally during matches and online, I think we could turn this round; instead of throwing tantrums, we could unite behind the team and through this give the club a massive boost. This wont happen of course, but it's a nice idea.

I like our players; I think Charlie has stepped up (against many expectations, mine included), I think Kranjcar is better than expected, Sandro is a beast, Fer and Mutch will keep on improving, as will Caulker. Onuoha looked great yesterday and Traore was pretty good too.

Okay, fire away...

We weren't the better team for large parts. West Ham imo were very beatable yesterday they had huge amounts of possession
    and Green hadn't had a shot to save. We had maybe a 15/20 min spell at the start of the 2nd half.

Sandro a beast?...Sorry more a ##### cat..and Fer, and Mutch?...can't see what the fuss is about
    Last edited by QPRDave; 06-10-2014, 11:30 AM.

Comment

OP, what is the point of "doing alright" but not getting any points (again)?
      Banning people is no longer my hobby,
      but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
      http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
        We weren't the better team for large parts. West Ham imo were very beatable yesterday they had huge amounts of possession
        and Green hadn't had a shot to save. We had maybe a 15/20 min spell at the start of the 2nd half.

Sandro a beast?...Sorry more a ##### cat..and Fer, and Mutch?...can't see what the fuss is about
        Overall we actually had 52% possession and in that spell you mention, 60%. We're still bonding as a team. Yes, WHU were beatable, I thought is was a combination of bad luck and the relative newness of the team that did for us, rather than any specific failure.

Comment

Originally posted by Kirill View Post
          OP, what is the point of "doing alright" but not getting any points (again)?
          Because the team is - yes I know everyone hates this, but it's true - still gelling. So patience is required, even though it might seem counter-intuitive, because the points will start to come.

Comment

Originally posted by Hubble View Post
            Because the team is - yes I know everyone hates this, but it's true - still gelling. So patience is required, even though it might seem counter-intuitive, because the points will start to come.
            But the points already started to come, we do have points
            Banning people is no longer my hobby,
            but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
            http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

Originally posted by Kirill View Post
              But the points already started to come, we do have points
              Okay, more points, Mr Pedantic!

Comment

Hi Harry. Can you please resign???

Comment

Actually you're more positive than Harry. By far....

Comment

hubble how long do you suggest we give it considering our next 4 games are against liverpool villa chelsea and man city which realistically i can only see 1 point maybe 3 against villa?

Comment

I thought we were brilliant against West Ham yesterday. How we lost that one, I'll never know.

Comment

Hubble, I believe you are whats called...... 'The 1%'

Comment

Originally posted by Hubble View Post
                          I actually thought we did all right yesterday. I think we were unlucky with both goals, and for large parts of the game, we looked the better team. I thought Onuoha was immense. I think the problem is we're still a few weeks behind all the other teams in the Prem in terms of the team gelling (are we allowed to use that word still?), and this is because we got promoted with a squad largely unfit for life in the top tier.

If there is blame to be apportioned, then it should go to Harry and the board for last season's preparations, rather than this one's, because a squad was built with one aim in mind - promotion - without looking further forward than that. We had a chance in last January's transfer window to strengthen the squad, particularly in the area of strikers, but this was terribly handled with the farce of last-minute loans like Kevin Doyle and Will Keane.

The controversial thing is that I feel we are getting better each game, as the team learn to play together collectively, not like the bunch of strangers we saw turn up at Spurs and Utd. And I also feel that we will stay up with this squad and with Harry at the helm. It may not be pretty right now, but I don't see the reason for the intense mass panic, given that it's still relatively early days and tbh, for a team newly promoted, having suffered the ravages of Hugheless tenure and the huge amount of rebuilding that had to be enacted, we're not doing any worse than I would have expected. I know everyone wants results immediately, and patience is in very short supply, but IMHO sacking the manager now would not help - quite the opposite. This is the moment TF and the board need to be realistic and simply make sure we achieve the single goal of the season: to stay up. However, knowing QPR and TF, it will probably be precisely at this moment he decides to get rid.

If a miracle occurred and QPR fans got behind Harry and the team, both vocally during matches and online, I think we could turn this round; instead of throwing tantrums, we could unite behind the team and through this give the club a massive boost. This wont happen of course, but it's a nice idea.

I like our players; I think Charlie has stepped up (against many expectations, mine included), I think Kranjcar is better than expected, Sandro is a beast, Fer and Mutch will keep on improving, as will Caulker. Onuoha looked great yesterday and Traore was pretty good too.

Okay, fire away...
                          I admire your optimism, but in no way were we the better team at any point, barring a couple of times we strung a few passes together. Getting a little bit more into the game at 2-0 down when the opposition realises they've done enough to coast home, doesn't count.

We were slow, unimaginative and looked worse than a West Ham team who were unrecognisable from their previous home game, but still found it way too easy to deal with our 'threat'.

I do agree that the crowd getting behind the team wouldn't hurt, but the fans, and especially those that go away have had all enthusiasm battered out of them over the last two seasons, with dull, tedious displays. Last year that was tempered somewhat with the occasional win, this year it's emphasised with humiliation after humiliation.

I also agree that the blame is Harry's, the team has changed vastly during Harry's tenure, the way we play hasn't. Simply hoping that Harry might change it round, when he has shown precisely zero interest in changing the approach is a dangerous game IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
                            Hubble, I believe you are whats called...... 'The 1%'
                            Not sure it's even up at that level anymore to be honest. Everyone I have spoken to today(QPR or otherwise) thinks he has to go.

F.arking Souness and Neville were getting more annoyed with the way we played yesterday than saggy chops.

His race is well and truly run and the longer we persevere the less our chance of staying up will be.

Comment

Its so embarrassing to be a QPR fan.. I actually feel lower now than I did under Hughes!! I think its because I know nothing is going to change.

Comment

Working...
                              X