Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Decisive action or panic mode? Not easy for Tony.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Decisive action or panic mode? Not easy for Tony.

If we got rid of Harry which one would it be? You could argue either.

We are only 7 games into the season with a lot of new players so just looking at that a sacking so early on would be ludicrous. However many teams have large squad changes and seem to cope with it better.

If Tony did get shot of him and the next man failed he would be hailed as another clueless overseas owner sacking managers every five minutes and would be ridiculed and would lose all the credibility he has been trying to build since ditching Hughes. Sacking Harry is high risk and if credibility is lost that could hurt us longer term both in terms of being able to recruit playing and non-playing staff.

If the next man succeeds Tony will be viewed as a canny owner who took decisive action when needed.

What Tony will be seeing is a team he has invested heavily in simply not performing and worse than that not showing any urgency yet managed by a man he clearly has an enormous amount of respect for and who seems to be respected within the game.

Frustrating for us fans but hugely difficult for Tony. Whatever he does he will only be judged well after the event and when people have the benefit of hindsight to see if his gamble worked or not.

I personally think he will give it at least a dozen games.

Don't think it would be panic personally.

Our football has been dire for the last 2 & a half seasons. We haven't improved in the slightest. After significant investment the management team are failing the owners & fans. After the next 3 games we more than likely won't have any more points than we currently have. Not sure who teams around us have to see if the gap will widen significantly.

I think the players brought in could be used easily by a new man. Not like the garbage Hughsless brought in.

Pull the trigger before we really are cut adrift. One thing I will say though is its a bad time to employ a new man with 3 hardest games of the season facing us.

Comment

A good summary of all the pros and contras, but A dozen games more with Harry in charge will see us relegated,IMO. Therefore, If there is any point in sacking him he has to do it now. A new gaffer needs all the matches he can possibly get in order to get something out of this clearly unfit group of players. Having said this, maybe TF has surrended and wants to build yet another new team back in the Championship under a younger and more progressive manager.
      Last edited by Shania; 06-10-2014, 10:28 AM.
      QPR
      Best team in the world
      Sort of

Comment

Think it would be decisive surgery at this stage of the season. I have always backed Harry, but that's 3 away from home now where we just are not competing.
        Plus we know from bitter experience leaving it till december is far too late

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
          Think it would be decisive surgery at this stage of the season. I have always backed Harry, but that's 3 away from home now where we just are not competing.
          Plus we know from bitter experience leaving it till december is far too late
          Not exactly doing the business at home either mate where ultimately our survival will be decided.

Comment

If Tony sticks with Redknapp for the foreseeable future and things continue as they are, there won't be enough time for a new manager to keep us up. This is a lesson he should have learned with Hughes.

If a new manager comes in and we still go down, then he'll be accused of being trigger-happy. I think the vast majority of fans would support Redknapp's removal, but the next appointment will be a tough decision. I'd be surprised if we're not sounding anyone out.
            Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Rabbit View Post
              Not exactly doing the business at home either mate where ultimately our survival will be decided.
              Yeah exactly Jimmy.......very very poor

Comment

Working...
              X