Green got away with one

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
    Can't agree with that he tried to take it quick and short and passed it to their player that's not knowing what your doing that's clumsey and a liability he's been saved by the rules
    He knew the West Ham player couldn't touch the ball so just ignored him and went for the pass. He wasn't at all bothered that he intercepted the ball and put it in the net so he obviously knew it wouldn't count. That West Ham player should have been booked.

I have to say here that I think Rob Green is a decent keeper who can come up with big performances and he proved it last season. However, he has not been playing well recently and players who don't play well need to be dropped to keep them on their toes. Time for a change in goal, but not necessarily a permanent one.
    'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

If the player had tried intercept pass I agree but from my recollection green kicked it at him. Green distribution is appalling today is an example of that the player being in or out area is neither here nor their

Comment

We have got 2 good keepers on the books. So if form dips we can give the other a go. Doesn't hurt, and sometimes after conceding game after game a break isn't always bad.

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
          If the player had tried intercept pass I agree but from my recollection green kicked it at him. Green distribution is appalling today is an example of that the player being in or out area is neither here nor their
          I think his pass would have gone straight to one of our players if the West Ham player hadn't intercepted it. I also think Green was assuming that because the West Ham player was inside the box he would leave the pass alone or be booked. Unfortunately the ref didn't book him.

Edit: I just reviewed it on PVR - 79th minute. You're right West, Green did kick it straight to him. The West Ham player was dancing around in front of Green, illegally preventing him from making the pass he wanted to make. If the West Ham player hadn't been there it would have been a good pass but since he was there, Green essentially kicked it straight to him - presumably to make a point to the referee.
          Last edited by dsqpr; 05-10-2014, 10:39 PM.
          'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

Originally posted by dsqpr View Post
            I think his pass would have gone straight to one of our players if the West Ham player hadn't intercepted it. I also think Green was assuming that because the West Ham player was inside the box he would leave the pass alone or be booked. Unfortunately the ref didn't book him.

Edit: I just reviewed it on PVR - 79th minute. You're right West, Green did kick it straight to him. The West Ham player was dancing around in front of Green, illegally preventing him from making the pass he wanted to make. If the West Ham player hadn't been there it would have been a good pass but since he was there, Green essentially kicked it straight to him - presumably to make a point to the referee.
            It's always dangerous assuming the ref will make the correct call while you make your point, even at this level! There have been some MLSish blunders by the officials in the EPL!
            @gatorTFC

Comment

Can't understand all the grief green gets on here,have a look at the second goal.2 at the back stick waiting to stick it home,our back four are a shambles
              Ooh northern lads love gravy

Comment

Originally posted by vanhoop View Post
                Can't understand all the grief green gets on here,have a look at the second goal.2 at the back stick waiting to stick it home,our back four are a shambles
                Yep - witch hunt against him from some.

Tbh he is the least of our problems. If we switched keeper, does anybody really think we would be any different in terms of results? Would a different keeper mean we would have beaten Hull, Tottenham, Utd, Southampton & Wet Spam? No, of course not. We have far more pressing issues to worry about. It's like having a broken leg but worrying about a chipped toe nail.
                You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
                  I don't know what he was thinking .....but that goal was rightly chalked off. I can only think he was trying to make a point that the fella wasn't 10 yds.
                  The decision by the officials was the correct, but Green's to kick the ball out like that was ludicrous.

Comment

Witch hunt?

He's the quitest keeper I've ever seen & does not inspire confidence. He's not a bad keeper by any stretch nor our worst player but we can improve that position which in turn could improve those in front of him. That's why we have a squad. It's not there for the fun of it.

Comment

Working...
                    X