Positives from today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Positives from today

(Made the point in Facto's thread but think it warrants a positive one)

IMO Kranjcar, Austin, Henry, Traore all had excellent games, even Vargas played his part with Charlie's assist. I think Isla is gradually finding his feet too and Fer and Zamora were sound overall.

Considering we were against a top 2 side, away from home, and with all our injuries, that was a good performance and we deserved a point IMO. Let's wait until we get some of our injured players back now.

There were signs today (2nd half especially) when we really started to play well. Encouraging signs for me that this QPR team will come good - there's a good spirit within the camp too. Some of our play today was the best so far this season.

Agree, I think this was an encouraging game, especially last 20 minutes.

Comment

Too many excuses. How long do we give Harry? Till January when were 10points adrift? Hes had 2 years to get this sorted and were a shambes.

Time for a change before were cut adrift.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley76 View Post

IMO Kranjcar, Austin, Henry, Traore all had excellent games, even Vargas played his part with Charlie's assist. I think Isla is gradually finding his feet too and Fer and Zamora were sound overall.

Considering we were against a top 2 side, away from home, and with all our injuries, that was a good performance and we deserved a point IMO. Let's wait until we get some of our injured players back now.

There were signs today (2nd half especially) when we really started to play well. Encouraging signs for me that this QPR team will come good - there's a good spirit within the camp too. Some of our play today was the best so far this season.
        no question there was positives to take from the display today. yes southampton are in a false position but generally they have been very good this season and we near enough matched them today.
        PRIDE OF LONDON.

Comment

Agree

Comment

Careful now, calling Traore excellent might get 77 angry... :D
            "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
              Careful now, calling Traore excellent might get 77 angry... :D
              I actually thought he was the stand out player for us first half.....

Comment

So Soutampton are a good side yet they have introduced a lot of new players after loosing half their side, so how come so many on here see that as an excuse for us to perform badely game after game?

Comment

Originally posted by rickyranger View Post
                  So Soutampton are a good side yet they have introduced a lot of new players after loosing half their side, so how come so many on here see that as an excuse for us to perform badely game after game?
                  At a wild guess:

Maybe because they have a better manager; a better youth academy which produces a conveyer belt of outstanding young talent; and when they do change managers they keep stability by maintaining the same footballing identity and philosophy?...

Comment

Henry and Traore best players today with Niko

Hoillett and Bobby need to start next week

Comment

I have to say, I wasn't overwhelmed when Krancjar came back on loan. But he is our best player so far imo

Comment

At a wild guess:

Maybe because they have a better manager; a better youth academy which produces a conveyer belt of outstanding young talent; and when they do change managers they keep stability by maintaining the same footballing identity and philosophy?...
                        Exactly so why do we stick with Redknapp, we have none of the above, although not sure it's their academy that has made a difference in this instance

Comment

I
                          Originally posted by bakes8 View Post
                          Too many excuses. How long do we give Harry? Till January when were 10points adrift? Hes had 2 years to get this sorted and were a shambes.

Time for a change before were cut adrift.
                          Were u there .... We actually played well and were quite unlucky

Comment

Originally posted by skranger View Post
                            I

Were u there .... We actually played well and were quite unlucky
                            Unlucky? We had two shots! Coupled with last weeks dross, 2x 4-0 drubbings and a home defeat to Hull. How long do u want to wait before we press the panic button? Our next 3 games look like drubbings again if we carry on in this vein of form.

Changes need to happen and the sooner the better for me. We can stay up this year, but something has to change at the top.

Comment

Originally posted by bakes8 View Post
                              Unlucky? We had two shots! Coupled with last weeks dross, 2x 4-0 drubbings and a home defeat to Hull. How long do u want to wait before we press the panic button? Our next 3 games look like drubbings again if we carry on in this vein of form.

Changes need to happen and the sooner the better for me. We can stay up this year, but something has to change at the top.
                              Gutted we lost as thought we were decent second half but we had more then two shots. Can think of three in the first half and another three or four second

Comment

Working...
                              X