Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Austin goal

That boy is brilliant in the box.

Much better game from the team today, albeit too much standing off first half as per usual.

Think we will be ok, especially if Charlie keeps up that deadly finishing, and he almost nicked a second with the header just minutes after his injury.

Just need to play like we are a goal down from the start...
    https://twitter.com/1qprdk

Why aren't there more people like you on this board?
    Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
    Pawel Wszolek - 6
    Luke Freeman - 6
    Matt Smith - 6
    Ebere Eze - 4
    Joel Lynch - 3
    Tomer Hemed - 3
    Toni Leistner - 2
    Massimo Luongo- 2
    Angel Rangel - 2
    Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
    Geoff Cameron - 1
    Aramide Oteh - 1
    Jake Bidwell - 1
    Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Loads of watrb managers wanted him dropped.

Harry Out!

Comment

A beauty.

Comment

Supply him and he will score..best player at the club atm and he is hungry and wants it! On the way up instead of on the way down

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
            Loads of watrb managers wanted him dropped.

Harry Out!
            Bob has to start a game away from home. He has to. We've looked much better every times he's been on the pitch. I'd play him from the get go away from home to hold the ball up. Then he can be replaced by Charlie or Vargas. It's not dropping Charlie. It's tactics.

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
              Bob has to start a game away from home. He has to. We've looked much better every times he's been on the pitch. I'd play him from the get go away from home to hold the ball up. Then he can be replaced by Charlie or Vargas. It's not dropping Charlie. It's tactics.
              While you're correct about OBZ making us look better when he's on, he doesn't have 90 minutes in him, and we cannot afford to injure him as he is the only option we have.

Comment

Can you imagine if that was Charlie's hammy that had gone? we would have been up #### street.

Comment

Originally posted by Diabloqpr View Post
                  Can you imagine if that was Charlie's hammy that had gone? we would have been up #### street.
                  Same goes for any of the 3 forwards we have.

Can't afford an injury to any of them.

Comment

Hoilet done quite well in the lead up to it. Also generally since he came on.

Comment

Originally posted by DeepcutHoop View Post
                      While you're correct about OBZ making us look better when he's on, he doesn't have 90 minutes in him, and we cannot afford to injure him as he is the only option we have.
                      I've not heard anything adverse about his fitness. I'm sure his age is against him putting in ninety minutes regularly, but away, like today, we should start him and then, if needs, be replace him. Let's for once try to dictate the pace of a game by holding the ball up front and in midfield. And try starting well and finishing poorly for once instead of playing poorly throughout or finishing with some flourish.

Comment

I take the point about us being finished if he gets injured. Nice job, Harry.

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
                          I've not heard anything adverse about his fitness. I'm sure his age is against him putting in ninety minutes regularly, but away, like today, we should start him and then, if needs, be replace him. Let's for once try to dictate the pace of a game by holding the ball up front and in midfield. And try starting well and finishing poorly for once instead of playing poorly throughout or finishing with some flourish.
                          Starting well? It's an interesting thought, I'm not sure that would catch on at QPR

Comment

I do fear Charlie could be tempted to seek opportunity elsewhere. Don't know where to find the stats, but off the top of my head I reckon he puts away 1 in every 5-ish shots at goal. Ergo, get the ball to him around the box 15 times and we'd average 3 goals per game. How many pops at goal did he get today???

Comment

Charlie Austin will score goals at any level, always believed that.
                              Thing is, for Charlie to score goals consistently at this level, the service to him has to be top notch at least 70% of the time.
                              We are falling far too short of that, IMO.

Comment

Working...
                              X