Cardiff and us

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cardiff and us

I compare Cardiff to us. They have a Malaysian owner and like TF, he put the money where it matters. Like us, they suffered relegation. The only difference I see is that Cardiff has turned their attention to an um proved young manager from a lower division. They are building for the future. It is something we are not doing and should we consider if things do not improve. I have nothing against Harry, however, at his age I do not think he has much enthusiasm left in him to manage a football club and bring success.

Originally posted by Martinmalta View Post
    The only difference I see is that Cardiff has turned their attention to an um proved young manager from a lower division.
    Are you talking about Russel Slade? He is 53 and has been in management since 2001.

Comment

Sack Redknapp and get Moyes or Pulis in.

Comment

He is 14 years younger then HR.

Comment

Karl Robinson or Eddie Howe. Some may say they have not managed in the Premier League before. My answer is look at Garry Monk.
          Last edited by Yousef; 25-09-2014, 05:58 AM.
          QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

How is no wins in 5, languishing 16th in the Championship, getting beat 3-0 at home in the cup and turning to an unproven manager, "building for the future"? If the aim for every club in the future is to be in the PL, I'd prefer where we are at now thanks - actually in the PL already. We are signing lots of younger players and our academy is much much better, but we wont see the results of this for at least 5 years.

Comment

You forget he changed Badiff from BLUES to REDS despite mass protest from the fans and the fans forgot because they got promoted.

Tell me who would you have at the Mo TF or VT

I know who I want

Comment

Rubbish comparison imo. Really this is another lets get harry out thread thinnly disguised!!!!
                NEXT........
                PRIDE OF LONDON.

Comment

Russell Slade, an unproven young manager?
                  Clueless.
                  Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                  Pawel Wszolek - 6
                  Luke Freeman - 6
                  Matt Smith - 6
                  Ebere Eze - 4
                  Joel Lynch - 3
                  Tomer Hemed - 3
                  Toni Leistner - 2
                  Massimo Luongo- 2
                  Angel Rangel - 2
                  Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                  Geoff Cameron - 1
                  Aramide Oteh - 1
                  Jake Bidwell - 1
                  Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

We're not building for the future???

Rio (35) and Kranjcar (30) aside all our signings this window are young and are here with the future in mind...
                    McCarthy - 24
                    Caulker- 22
                    Vargas - 24
                    Isla - 26
                    Mutch - 22
                    Sandro - 25. (Could possibly have be a question mark for the future due to injuries but still only 25)
                    Fer - 24

And then there's the possibility of a new training ground. Its probably looking unlikely now but its not a 100% no. And still the desire/want to build new training facilities shows the board are looking to the future

And also the new ground. Although we're having problems with Cargiant the board are still committed to pursuing the project and for me its not a case of 'if' we get a new 30-40 thousand seater stadium but 'when we get one... massive part of Queens Park Rangers's future.

Its all very well having different opinions, thats what makes a forum. But to compare TF's qpr to VT's Cardiff is a bit of an odd one and I think its more to do with what bushcelt1 said to be honest....
                    SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Originally posted by Nick View Post
                      We're not building for the future???

Rio (35) and Kranjcar (30) aside all our signings this window are young and are here with the future in mind...
                      McCarthy - 24
                      Caulker- 22
                      Vargas - 24
                      Isla - 26
                      Mutch - 22
                      Sandro - 25. (Could possibly have be a question mark for the future due to injuries but still only 25)
                      Fer - 24

And then there's the possibility of a new training ground. Its probably looking unlikely now but its not a 100% no. And still the desire/want to build new training facilities shows the board are looking to the future

And also the new ground. Although we're having problems with Cargiant the board are still committed to pursuing the project and for me its not a case of 'if' we get a new 30-40 thousand seater stadium but 'when we get one... massive part of Queens Park Rangers's future.

Its all very well having different opinions, thats what makes a forum. But to compare TF's qpr to VT's Cardiff is a bit of an odd one and I think its more to do with what bushcelt1 said to be honest....
                      #standuptocancer
                      #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Oh, that's OK then

Comment

Can you imagine the fall out on here if we made Slade our manager ! He was a defeat away from the sack 2 weeks ago at the bottom of league 1 hardly an inspirational appointment if it happens at Cardiff.

Comment

Hardly 'young' though is he?

Comment

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post
                              Hardly 'young' though is he?
                              Maybe he is not so young. But surely after Harry we must aim for a younger manager. Maybe HR will sign another two year contract, granted. But after that? Agree re-players that been signed recently. At least mostly are at a very good age and that augur well for the future. However, still disappointed that our approach play is so soft. Easy to control us.....easy to score against us. Honestly, I cannot figure out the cause for all this. Just hope that all these good young players that we signed won't leave us if we drop back again!

Comment

Working...
                              X