No announcement yet.

We would be playing Brighton tonight...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We would be playing Brighton tonight...

This often comes up when we get knocked out of a cup and see who the team who beat us is playing and try to work out if we would have gone on a two or three game run.

But had we gotten through wouldn't we have been given a different number to Burton? Or is the number allocated to the game rather than the victorious team?

I say this because Arsenal are usually like 1 or 2 in any cup draw.

Does anyone know?

Comment

I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
        That is one of the funniest things I've seen in ages.
        Who is that and what the F is it about?

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
          this

Comment

Its a genuine question that seems to have been replied with gifs or pics. Believe it or not I don't work on the draw committee and have never been told so am not sure, hence the question.

Comment

Originally posted by QPR_NW10 View Post
              Its a genuine question that seems to have been replied with gifs or pics. Believe it or not I don't work on the draw committee and have never been told so am not sure, hence the question.
              Who cares? We're out!

Comment

Brighton are obviously an awesome team...............they are totally dismembering that Burton side that destroyed us......good job we got knocked out!!

Comment

..aren't the draw numbers done alphabetically? think they might be. so if we had got through would have had a different number to Burton, and possibly a different opponent this round! How does that sound?

Comment

You have been here long enough to know this is a lowbrow site NW10!

I think you are over analyzing it. It is probably fair to assume that we would have got the same draw as the team that beat us. There is a school of thought called "Chaos Theory" which postulates that small changes can have huge consequences: thus if we had won, that different outcome alone would have changed the world in unpredictable ways so if you can't ignore the different ball numbers then you can't ignore the "Chaos Theory" implications either - and therefore can't assume that the numbers would have come out of the hat in the same order. In other words, it is impossible to predict who we would have played if we had won so just go with the draw that the team that beat us got.

Stand by for more "head exploding" gifs.
                    'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

Originally posted by dsqpr View Post
                      You have been here long enough to know this is a lowbrow site NW10!

I think you are over analyzing it. It is probably fair to assume that we would have got the same draw as the team that beat us. There is a school of thought called "Chaos Theory" which postulates that small changes can have huge consequences: thus if we had won, that different outcome alone would have changed the world in unpredictable ways so if you can't ignore the different ball numbers then you can't ignore the "Chaos Theory" implications either - and therefore can't assume that the numbers would have come out of the hat in the same order. In other words, it is impossible to predict who we would have played if we had won so just go with the draw that the team that beat us got.

Stand by for more "head exploding" gifs.
                      :(
                      Last edited by bakes8; 24-09-2014, 09:53 PM.

Comment

we would have lost 3 nil

Comment

my comment wasn't about you or your question, it was purely to do with the guy in that video.
                          Sorry if you thought I was takin the p iss I honestly wasn't.

Comment

Was happy to go with the banter I was just fearful I wouldn't get a real answer to an honest question, no harm Midgey.

Chaos theory indeed, butterfly effect, such as in even a game where a team hits the post twice and scores one it doesn't mean they could have won by three.

Just interested in knowing whether the number goes with the team or the match. Think it gets more complex when there are replays involved because the teams are drawn together.

Comment

Was happy to go with the banter I was just fearful I wouldn't get a real answer to an honest question, no harm Midgey.

Chaos theory indeed, butterfly effect, such as in even a game where a team hits the post twice and scores one it doesn't mean they could have won by three.

Just interested in knowing whether the number goes with the team or the match. Think it gets more complex when there are replays involved because the teams are drawn together.
                              to be honest mate I didn't have a clue what the answer to your question was so just kept out of it.
                              Did like that vid though.

Comment

Working...
                              X