Third time lucky

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Third time lucky

The only way we will compete saturday is to attack and press Southampton in their half. Play with a pacey/young back 4 of Isla, Yun, Caulker, Onouha and pack the midfield. Play Vargas and Phillips or Hoilett wide with 3 in CM. Drop Austin and start Zamora who is the best at maintaining possession and use the wide men to join in our attacks. Do this and we can win or draw.

Persist with old players at the back, sit back and we will lose 4-0 again.

The way H was talking this morning (talksport) I've a feeling he may go 3 at the back

Comment

So it is Dunne again with Caulker, Ferdinand

Comment

3 at the back is a joke. It means we can't attack quickly because the wing backs will be penned back and we will actually be playing with 5 at the back!

We need to go 451, pace at back, solid in middle, pacey attacking wingers and a striker that can hold the ball up and bring others into play.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich View Post
          3 at the back is a joke. It means we can't attack quickly because the wing backs will be penned back and we will actually be playing with 5 at the back!

We need to go 451, pace at back, solid in middle, pacey attacking wingers and a striker that can hold the ball up and bring others into play.
          I am not with you there. The squad was built to play 3-5-2 so the strenght of the players suggests this set up.
          Yes you are right that 3-5-2 come 5-3-2 when on defending but the you can say it comes 3-3-4 when attacking.
          What HR did against tot was soaking up the pressure with 5-3-2 but I will remind you that against M.U he changed your preferred 4-5-1 into soaking up the pressure 6-3-1

Comment

Originally posted by hh9 View Post
            I am not with you there. The squad was built to play 3-5-2 so the strenght of the players suggests this set up.
            Yes you are right that 3-5-2 come 5-3-2 when on defending but the you can say it comes 3-3-4 when attacking.
            What HR did against tot was soaking up the pressure with 5-3-2 but I will remind you that against M.U he changed your preferred 4-5-1 into soaking up the pressure 6-3-1
            although my choice would be 4 at the back, this team/squad was built with 3.5.2 in mind so we should stick with that IMO.
            SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

We need to adjust according to who we are playing. Southampton play pacey good football, are high on confidence and are the home side.

352 will become a constant 5-4-1

Comment

Working...
              X