Inferiority and HR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inferiority and HR

I posted some days ago that it seemed we were suffering from inferiority complex during the United defeat. After I followed what our Manager Harry had to say after the defeat, it came as no surprise that we really do suffer from inferiority complex. And the reason: Harry himself! There is no other way to look at it. When asked about the Di Maria fluke goal, he said that a ball like that is expected from a 60 million pounds player! Well......As you all know, I am a Maltese, our football is semi professional and can assure everyone that I watched 'MANY' goals like the one from Di Maria. And these are players that the best of them change clubs for 30-40K Euro. But because it was Di Maria its different....he cost 60 million you know. Harry also said that we cannot afford the likes of Rojo. Well, if he runs with the ball and nobody challenge him....even I can be a brilliant footballer! There was only way to face United Harry. Play without fear; play close to them; fight for every ball; be hard on the prima donnas and never give up an inch.
    Burton managed that when they played us. A Div 2 side against a Premier side. The rest is history.
    Last edited by Martinmalta; 17-09-2014, 03:11 PM.

Amen.
    Banning people is no longer my hobby,
    but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
    http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

Is odd with 'Arry. Players seem to genuinely like him but at same time rarely seem fired up.

Comment

Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
        Is odd with 'Arry. Players seem to genuinely like him but at same time rarely seem fired up.
        Yes, a bit of a paradox isn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by Martinmalta View Post
          I posted some days ago that it seemed we were suffering from inferiority complex during the United defeat. After I followed what our Manager Harry had to say after the defeat, it came as no surprise that we really do suffer from inferiority complex. And the reason: Harry himself! There is no other way to look at it. When asked about the Di Maria fluke goal, he said that a ball like that is expected from a 60 million pounds player! Well......As you all know, I am a Maltese, our football is semi professional and can assure everyone that I watched 'MANY' goals like the one from Di Maria. And these are players that the best of them change clubs for 30-40K Euro. But because it was Di Maria its different....he cost 60 million you know. Harry also said that we cannot afford the likes of Rojo. Well, if he runs with the ball and nobody challenge him....even I can be a brilliant footballer! There was only way to face United Harry. Play without fear; play close to them; fight for every ball; be hard on the prima donnas and never give up an inch.
          Burton managed that when they played us. A Div 2 side against a Premier side. The rest is history.
          They probably played the same way at Spurs.
          QPR need to learn to scrap when they play the so called big clubs rather than sit back and let them attack at will.

United have a suspect defence yet Hoilett, Phillips and Austin posed very little threat to them. Sandro & Fer are supposed to provide a strong battling box to box midfield, so where was the evidence of this on Sunday.

They must do better, otherwise the rot will set in and QPR will repeat 2012/13 all over again.

Comment

Was watching them Bulgarians giving Liverpool a run for their money on telly last night... tiny club, 6000 capacity stadium and only formed 12 years ago. I assume their finances are miniscule compared to ours but they have somehow built a tidy little team. Made me think something's badly awry at LR and in this country generally with football.

Comment

[QUOTE=Abseits;1325383]Was watching them Bulgarians giving Liverpool a run for their money on telly last night... tiny club, 6000 capacity stadium and only formed 12 years ago. I assume their finances are miniscule compared to ours but they have somehow built a tidy little team. Made me think something's badly awry at LR and in this country generally with football.[/QUOTE

Just goes to show that if you work hard as a team and play for the badge and each other you can achieve incredible things . We however haven't been a team since the warnock days and that's a cold hard fact . The turnover of players has been outrageous and couple that with some seriously bad eggs along the way it's not hard to see why . Redknapp isn't the one for me but were stuck with him so we must get behind the boys on Saturday and put last week behind us . I feel a lot happier about the type of player we have no so hopefully with hard work and a bit of team spirit we can kick on

Comment

A very good post from Greg above. Like he partly implies it can very well be that the huge turnover of players affects the way we play and ultimately the results, But his team selections still baffles me to say the least. One excample; Clint Hill.
                Last edited by Shania; 17-09-2014, 06:27 PM.
                QPR
                Best team in the world
                Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
                  Was watching them Bulgarians giving Liverpool a run for their money on telly last night... tiny club, 6000 capacity stadium and only formed 12 years ago. I assume their finances are miniscule compared to ours but they have somehow built a tidy little team. Made me think something's badly awry at LR and in this country generally with football.
                  Good point well made. Everyone likes Harry, but no one plays for him. No one sweats blood. He is nowhere near the great motivators - Shankly, SAF etc - and his selections and tactics seem old school with a bizarre attachment to fading favourites.

Imagine for a second that we had a real manager with our players and our budget. People like LVG and Mourhinho are utterly ruthless, no sentiment. Nikko, Rio and Clint wouldn't get anywhere near a QPR X1 selected by a top gaffa and we'd play higher up.

If things don't rapidly improve, the only question is how long......

Comment

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
                    Imagine for a second that we had a real manager with our players and our budget. People like LVG and Mourhinho are utterly ruthless, no sentiment. Nikko, Rio and Clint wouldn't get anywhere near a QPR X1 selected by a top gaffa and we'd play higher up.

If things don't rapidly improve, the only question is how long......
                    No doubt you'll crawl back into your shell when we win on saturday. There is a long term plan at OUR club and Harry is very much a part of it.

With it you must deal.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoop-du-Jour View Post
                      No doubt you'll crawl back into your shell when we win on saturday. There is a long term plan at OUR club and Harry is very much a part of it.

With it you must deal.
                      Must we though? Doesn't look like much of a plan. "Long-term" and Harry are contradictory things today.
                      Banning people is no longer my hobby,
                      but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
                      http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

There is a long term plan at OUR club and Harry is very much a part of it.
                        I remember them saying exactly the same thing about Hughes............

Comment

With it you must deal.
                          Yoda

Comment

I am not sure Harry Redknapp is part of any long term plan these days at 67 years of age

Comment

Great post martinmalta.
                              QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

Working...
                              X