What did you expect yesterday?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What did you expect yesterday?

A new star studded multi million pound line-up at Old Trafford in front of Skys cameras on Super Sunday, backed by a new buoyant crowd..

Swansea shed 4 at Chelsea and have had an unbeaten start to the season.. Newcastle shed 4 to Southampton and Fulham are bottom of the champ, it could be worse..

Swansea's 4 goal shedding at Chelsea signals the same as it does for us.. the teams who will be bottom half in the table will be outdone by quality and chance taking.. away from home against the big boys.

I personally think our fans have got a bit too over emotional again over a loss against real quality. You can say, change this and change that but the shape of the team is good IMO. We had chances.. Matty scores and its potentially a different game. You can make him a scapegoat but he is getting in correct positions. He is just lacking that finishing quality at the moment. Against Spurs and United, we and Matty have had golden opportunities at crucial times in the game but not taken them.. the difference is quality.

I am not sure what fans were expecting yesterday but it seems to me, more than a few have a got a little too over emotional about it.

I don't think anyone expected a result but I think a lot of people didn't expect us to just tamely surrender and roll over for our tummy to be tickled , just because United have spent loads it doesn't mean we had to treat it like Rio Ferdinand testimonial

Every game we should be biting into tackles , press the opposition and show some mehmehmehmehing pride
    We Are The People.....

Comment

The problems NOT the result but how we performed and sat back....

..... but could also argue if we had ago and went at them could easily have been 8-0.

Like Ive said a few time not really bothered as IMO our season starts next week.
      SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Quality of 2 to 3 years ago maybe, their defence now is as bad as ours, if not worse. Traore tried a few runs and got through didn't he, AT could have done the same.

If we would have played like that against Sunderland, we would have lost that game 4-0 as well. Man Utd will loss a quite a few games this year, they will leak goals at the back but you have to try or you'll score zero.

We can all take losing, it's the manner in which we lost it that hurts most fans.
        Stand and Deliver!

Comment

Originally posted by Rangersw12 View Post
          I don't think anyone expected a result but I think a lot of people didn't expect us to just tamely surrender and roll over
          for the second time this term.

Comment

I expected a bit of pride for us travelling fans... 2 away games where we haven't broke sweat!!! It seems like Harry's team talk is,,,, listen boys we ain't gonna beat anyone outside the bottom 6 away from home,so sit as deep as possible, don't tackle in case someone gets hurt, don't run about to close people down, save your energy for home games... Don't worry Greeno clint matty junior nikko I'll deflect all criticism from you lot!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
              for the second time this term.
              If we're going to do that for most of the season, may as well fold now.

Comment

I expected us to have a go. We just rolled over and allowed them the 3 points.

We only got forwards 3 time in the whole game and should've scored 3. Imagine what could of happened had we tried to get forwards instead of waiting to have our pants pulled down.

4-0 isn't the end of the world, and quite frankly better sides than us will get buried up there.... Its the performance that pissed everyone off.

Comment

Imagine what would of happened if we took our key chances...

Comment

Originally posted by Rangersw12 View Post
                    I don't think anyone expected a result but I think a lot of people didn't expect us to just tamely surrender and roll over for our tummy to be tickled , just because United have spent loads it doesn't mean we had to treat it like Rio Ferdinand testimonial

Every game we should be biting into tackles , press the opposition and show some mehmehmehmehing pride
                    10 shots at goal against one of the biggest football clubs in the world. thought we done pretty well considering.

flucky 1st goal which green should have done more than just collapse flapping on his goal line. their second goal was class, third goal green again was beaten at his near post, 4th goal rio with et another mistake.

while philips, vargas and krankchar all had good chances for us.

10 attempts at man utd is what i call having a go.
                    nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Good realistic opening post.
                      I really didn't think we were as bad as some are making out here. I thought when Matty Phillips missed the open goal it would be costly and it certainly was.
                      Everything went for Utd in that first half. Everything.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
                        10 shots at goal against one of the biggest football clubs in the world. thought we done pretty well considering.

flucky 1st goal which green should have done more than just collapse flapping on his goal line. their second goal was class, third goal green again was beaten at his near post, 4th goal rio with et another mistake.

Tbf I think you're the only person on the planet that thinks we 'had a go' yesterday.

Comment

I expected a tonking and we got one.

Comment

Spot on.. finally.. people seem to be over looking the majority of those facts

Comment

Bar the Phillips chance all the other chances were when the game had already been lost so I wouldn't call it having ago at all
                              We Are The People.....

Comment

Working...
                              X