No announcement yet.

Just back.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Think we will beat Stoke on Saturday, draw away to Southampton and beat West Ham away.

Comment

Absolute nightmare for the coaches getting away from the ground and we were still in Manachester 2 hours after the game and then got stuck on the M60 so eventually got in bed about 12.30 this morning and was uo at 4.45 for work

Graet day out on the coach but I do wonder why I bother somtimes especially when the team are obviously told to go out and not lose rather then give an resemblence of actually wanting to have a go for a win

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
        I don't agree at all. I know you paid your money and feel you deserved a better performance but we were just outclassed.

Also to compare Burnley playing at turfmoor to Manchester United playing at Old trafford is just not right.
        I felt like they had an extra 2 players on the pitch and we won't be the 1st team that will get torn apart.

The spurs game actually hurt more because I don't think they're anywhere near the level of this man utd side.

If united were in the top 4 no one would be crying about this result.
        I can think of only matty and w12 that said we would get stuffed.
        We need to be realistic.

I absolutely agree with all of this. Also said we would get tonked 4-0 (which I'm not happy about being right for once).
        Last edited by Shepherds Mush; 15-09-2014, 11:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
          Not sure what we were supposed to against a £200 mill line-up away from home.. Do we play a high line and push forward and probably lose by a big margin being so open or do we sit in and try and keep it level for the 1st 30 mins/to half time and then try and push on as the game goes on?.. I would take the second option at old Trafford like HR did.

I am not sure where your assumption of going into the game deciding we are going to lose comes from?
          We had 9 attempts on goal.
          Sorry - I forgot that we don't pay our players any money. We have thrown tons of money at this team, far more than most clubs in the PL in terms of wages etc. The fact they cost more than us does not mean that they should always win. They had a 200 million team last year and came 7th. We are in the same division as Man Utd. If you think 4-0 is a decent performance then fair play to you. It was obvious from the start it was just a matter of time before they scored.
          twitter @silvercue

soundcloud

Comment

Originally posted by silvercue View Post
            Sorry - I forgot that we don't pay our players any money. We have thrown tons of money at this team, far more than most clubs in the PL in terms of wages etc. The fact they cost more than us does not mean that they should always win. They had a 200 million team last year and came 7th. We are in the same division as Man Utd. If you think 4-0 is a decent performance then fair play to you. It was obvious from the start it was just a matter of time before they scored.
            All I have to say to that extract in bold is.. you what? haha
            No but the fact they cost hundreds of millions of more means they have a high chance of beating us at home at old Trafford.. what did you want to see? I don't understand?
            They didn't have a £200m team last year.. they didn't have di maria and falcao last year.. I don't know what you were expecting when you have those world class names in an opposition teams line-up?

Why was it obvious from the start? They had possession yes but what chances did they create?!
            Their 1st goal was a hopeful free-kick into an area that crept in.. Phillips scores his chance, its all level..
            Their 4th goal was a miss-hit shot that somehow reached Mata's feet for a tap in.. It then would of been 2-0.. Kranjcar scores his Herrera like chance it could of been 2-2.
            Vargas scores his one on one, that's another goal for us.. Its about quality and taking chances.
            Please please tell me what fans like you expect?!
            Last edited by West London is Rss; 15-09-2014, 11:00 AM.

Comment

I didn't expect us to win I expect us to compete. Before you rubbish my commenst about wages, have a look at what we have paid some players.

The two goals you describe were avoidable. Needless free kick and a player not being properly marked.

It is fine to have different opinions. I don't think it is necessary to stick up for the team regardless. We are in the same division as them, so should be able to provide a level of competition on the day of not over the season.

That will be one of their easiest wins of the season. They could afford to take their foot of the gas. Do you think they will beat all bottom half of the table teams 4-0? I don't.
              twitter @silvercue

soundcloud

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
                Im not going to bang on about the fact we lost, realistically we were never going to come away from Old Trafford with anything. Imo the only teams that can expect to are in the top 6.
                What i will ask though, is why on earth we are so frightened? 2 away games, 2 well-deserved beatings, and in both games we looked too scared to go near them.
                I didnt think we werw awful on the whole, i think united were simply too strong for us. Couple of the players had stinkers though, Phillips and Hoilett were really poor, as were Rio, Caulker and Hill.
                Traore looked good when he came on. Felt a bit sorry for Austin, he got absolutely no service whatsoever. I was impressed with Isla again and Vargas looked a handful.
                Wont be going back there in a hurry though.
                Think when you go to these top 6 sides there is an element of fear of pressing the ball , you tend to sit deep and try and make it hard for the opposition, you open up agianst sides like these and you will get beat by 6/7 and no one wants that. Lets be fair until we went 1 nil down even though we didn't have much of the ball we looked ok, but a mad last 10 mins of the first half killed the game.
                Last edited by winalotto; 15-09-2014, 11:25 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

I didn't expect us to win I expect us to compete. Before you rubbish my commenst about wages, have a look at what we have paid some players.

The two goals you describe were avoidable. Needless free kick and a player not being properly marked.

It is fine to have different opinions. I don't think it is necessary to stick up for the team regardless. We are in the same division as them, so should be able to provide a level of competition on the day of not over the season.

That will be one of their easiest wins of the season. They could afford to take their foot of the gas. Do you think they will beat all bottom half of the table teams 4-0? I don't.
                  I really do think they will hammer untold teams actually, yeah.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                    I really do think they will hammer untold teams actually, yeah.
                    cool - you might be right. I don't think they will get many easier games, but we just have to wait and see.
                    twitter @silvercue

soundcloud

Comment

At home Yes, I do think they will beat teams in the bottom half with a comfortable margin.. Unless they have an off day.
                      Two lucky goals if you ask me.. Mata was not poorly marked, it was a miss-hit shot for god sake!!

We did provide competition IMO, we had chances to score 3 goals but didn't take them.
                      I am not quashing any of your points.. you seem to be quashing mine though, in that we created chances and we behind to a lucky free-kick!

Comment

Having slept on it I'm a bit happier today. Only thing I can't shake off is the undue deference or respect we seem to show in these away games.... why can't we have a bit of belligerence about us; sort of "give the big boys a bloody nose" attitude? After about 1 minute Sandro had a marvellous opportunity to "welcome" DiMaria to English football in a 50/50 out wide but put in a poncey non-challenge instead???? We could have been generally gee'd up if he'd have gone in hard but instead were in stand-back and admire mode instead. We definitely need to get a bit more up for it and ugly in away games or we risk writing off 57 points available on the road.

Comment

Agreed we could force ourselves on quality opposition a bit more but it is easier said than done of course

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley76 View Post
                            I do think we need to take into account that we've already played two of our toughest away fixtures of the whole season. The Hull and Sunderland games we played a lot better (even though the Hull result didnt reflect that).

The time to truly judge Harry will be after these next 5 matches in Sept/Oct:

QPR v Stoke
                            Southampton v QPR
                            West Ham v QPR
                            QPR v Liverpool
                            QPR v Aston Villa

Agree with all of that.

3 points against stoke and Ill be happy with 6 points from the first 5 games.

Comment

Working...
                            X