Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Austin V Vargas

Discuss ...I think Vargas edges it ?

Both. Haven't seen enough of Vargas at Qpr to decide between the two, personally I'd have him in the hole behind the striker.

Comment

Love to be wrong but think the prem is step too far for Charlie.

Comment

Would play Charlie up with Vargas when we've two up. If we go with a lone striker, it can't be Charlie. We know that now. It would have to be Vargas. But I'd play Bobby upfront by himself from the get go in games like today's. We couldn't get out of our own final third today. Bob could give us an out in tough games by keeping hold of the ball.

Comment

Hard to judge Austin on games like today. Looked lost and never got a sniff. Needs to score against the lower teams tho or we are farked.

Comment

Would like to see Chas as the holding and Ed as the main striker.

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
              Would play Charlie up with Vargas when we've two up. If we go with a lone striker, it can't be Charlie. We know that now. It would have to be Vargas. But I'd play Bobby upfront by himself from the get go in games like today's. We couldn't get out of our own final third today. Bob could give us an out in tough games by keeping hold of the ball.
              Agree with the above but would go back to 3-5-2 and play them both, particularly at home.

Comment

Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post
                Discuss ...I think Vargas edges it ?
                have to say that is king fickle......honestly am dumbstruck.
                PRIDE OF LONDON.

Comment

We could have had sir les and it wouldn't have made a difference. Charlie's a quality striker that needs service.
                  "The World is Yours"

Comment

Austin was isolated the whole game. It was only when we were 1/2 down did we start going for it. By the time we had got into the game a bit more Vargas had come on.
                    "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

Comment

got no service, Redknapp needs shooting, we made them look world class
                      I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                      This morning's tempest I have to cross
                      I must be guided without a stumble
                      Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Yeah it's one game but Charlie don't look fit and fast enough at the moment for this level. Maybe he's not 100% fit after his injuries this year but we are in danger of hindering his return to full fitness and destroying his confidence if we keep making him trundle about fruitlessly on his own for 90mins up against 2/3 top-notch defenders every game. Hopefully Vargas can give him a hand now.
                        Whoever plays up top we urgently need to stop mehmehmehmehmehing around with 3/4/5 at the back, changing formation mid-game and stop tinkering with personnel every week; sort out a consistent 1st X1! .... poor Charlie must wonder if he's going or coming playing in front of the merry-go-round behind him.

Comment

Big if but IF Austin scored his pen he would be on 2 in 4 games . U gotta be honest and say that the way we played today he might as well not bothered turning up

Comment

Originally posted by kron-1664 View Post
                            Big if but IF Austin scored his pen he would be on 2 in 4 games . U gotta be honest and say that the way we played today he might as well not bothered turning up
                            And we would have a healthy four points from four games and not lost at home yet. Was such a killer he missed that pen, took it so badly as well.

Comment

We all like Austin but he's not a PL striker. Back up at best.

Vargas' movement looked decent, would like to see him in front of Adel...

Comment

Working...
                              X