Do we need Clint Hill in the team?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do we need Clint Hill in the team?

We looked as though we wanted it today. Is it a coincidence that Clint Hill was in the team? He may not be the most technically gifted player but effectiveness is about much more than just technical ability. And Clint has all the other stuff in spades.
    'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Ought take a bow. He was faultless today. And prevented a certain goal. Would play him LB over Traore. And play him in the three with wing backs over Dunne. Great guy.

Comment

well he never got sent off or skinned alive as some predicted ,so in the right formation ,the best we got
      Football played the Charlie Ferris way

Comment

Hill was immense yesterday, great guttsy performance. Although I love Dunney I'd rather Clint play everyday
        I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

As others have said what a difference between Hill and Dunne. Dunne looks finished but Hill still plays at the same level he always has. Hes never really A 10/10 and his distribution is average at best but you know when he pulls the jersey on your getting a minimum 7 or 8/10

I think for the games were its about grit and hunger like yesterday we need to find a place for him in the starting eleven as he sets the standard for the rest

Was surprised to still see Barton as captain although Hill started

Comment

Clint is a great pro, and brings something to the team. He leads by example which i believe rubs off on those around him. When the younger lads see him throwing himself into tackles
            and giving it his all, it inspires them imo

Comment

Superb today. Worthy of a start against United?

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                Superb today. Worthy of a start against United?
                Definitely imo provided we stick to the same formation.
                Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                Pawel Wszolek - 6
                Luke Freeman - 6
                Matt Smith - 6
                Ebere Eze - 4
                Joel Lynch - 3
                Tomer Hemed - 3
                Toni Leistner - 2
                Massimo Luongo- 2
                Angel Rangel - 2
                Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                Geoff Cameron - 1
                Aramide Oteh - 1
                Jake Bidwell - 1
                Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

He was very good yesterday, but there is no way he should be our 1st choice LB - He himself even admitted that his lack of pace would see him caught out at LB in the PL...and that was 2 years ago. As I say, he came in and did an excellent job yesterday, he just isn't the answer going forward.

Comment

Working...
                  X