Adel Taarabt discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by maverick69 View Post
    Barton was the first and major mistake IMHO.

You never want someone who could be argued to behave like a narcissist in your ranks - even if he did deliver from time to time.......

IMHO, that's where Colin copped it (that and Ale's knee...... and the silly contracts).

Only down the Rangers..........
    Yeah. Barton was a big mistake. Should have kept Adel as captain. And then Faurlin getting injured was the end.

tbd TF was always playing catch up after buying us so late in the summer, but we panicked and bought absolute shite. Would have been better off weathering it til January and lining up proper targets.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stanley View Post
      TF's first major blunder.
      Sadly a taste of what was to come. Great post from 77 btw, at the time I felt Neil was on rocky ground - he just didn't seem at home in the EPL and there were a couple of major tactical blunders I recall. I also felt Tone wanted his own man, a vibe I also got when Neil was replaced second time around. IMO not managing to retain his services for the season (while we got some credible contenders together) may yet have far reaching consequences.

Comment

• Originally posted by maverick69 View Post
        Barton was the first and major mistake IMHO
        What after signing such stars as Bothroyd, Dyer, DJ Campbell and days before the magnificent Young, Traore and SWP ?

Behave

Comment

• Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
          What after signing such stars as Bothroyd, Dyer, DJ Campbell and days before the magnificent Young, Traore and SWP ?

Behave
          This. None of them helped get us up, did they????

Comment

• DJ and Betty were both coming off the back of fantastic seasons and the fees involved were reasonable. Dyer was a risk but one NW felt worth going for as he impressed in pre season.
            The big wages handed to Barton set the standard for what was to follow the next few years.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post

Behave
              Barton was clearly a good player but he destroyed our dressing room. We got promoted with adel as the star and the others working hard together as a team. Barton came in and challenged adel and the it all went downhill from there.

Comment

• I really cant believe that we are still still discussing fat boy hasn't played for his new club hardly, a wasted talent, some people just can't move on

Comment

• Originally posted by dave58 View Post
                  I really cant believe that we are still still discussing fat boy hasn't played for his new club hardly, a wasted talent, some people just can't move on
                  Including Adel. He's now too heavy to move on!

Comment

• Originally posted by dave58 View Post
                    I really cant believe that we are still still discussing fat boy hasn't played for his new club hardly, a wasted talent, some people just can't move on
                    Until we find a player with 1 3rd of his flair and ability it's tough for any rangers fan to move on.
                    I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

• Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                      Until we find a player with 1 3rd of his flair and ability it's tough for any rangers fan to move on.
                      I moved on the second he disrespected the club and its fans by not getting his head down and getting back into the side. He didn't want to be here and made that pretty clear. Brilliant player but a grade A, 24 carrot ######.

Comment

• Originally posted by Greg1882 View Post
                        I moved on the second he disrespected the club and its fans by not getting his head down and getting back into the side. He didn't want to be here and made that pretty clear. Brilliant player but a grade A, 24 carrot ######.
                        Sorry for discussing a former QPR player on a QPR discussion board. Apologies.

Comment

• Oh dear seriously???!!!
                          QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

• Originally posted by Greg1882 View Post
                            Whereas all our other players have disrespected the club and us fans by just generally being poor at football.

Comment

• Originally posted by James1979 View Post
                              Whereas all our other players have disrespected the club and us fans by just generally being poor at football.
                              Would put verbal disrespect in different league to someone not having ability amazed so many still feel obliged to stick up for him

Comment

• Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                                amazed so many still feel obliged to stick up for him
                                ...hence the great length of this discussion. He seems very marmitesque, doesn't he. There you go, I've even managed to invent a new word for him

Comment

Working...
                                X