Adel Taarabt discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by EssexR View Post
    I still find it interesting that of all the high profile teams and managers he's played under, only Neil Warnock was ever able to get the best out of him.

Says more about Warnock than it does Adel tbh. If I was the Benfica manager i'd be getting in contact with Neil and asking him how he did it and nobody else's approach seems to work.
    In fairness, Warnock said himself he had to almost upset / frustrate others to do so, he just gave Adel a free reign, massaged his ego a bit and let him strut his stuff. In the Championship it worked a treat because, ability wise, he was streets ahead of anybody.

A team like Benfica probably can't afford to take such an approach (not that the Portuguese league is great) but they have other quite high profile players that likely won't put up with a player getting such special treatment.
    You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

• Originally posted by Greengrass View Post
      1.5kg = 3 lbs
      Lazy f ack can't even lose that. He really is a t osspot.

Comment

• Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
        In fairness, Warnock said himself he had to almost upset / frustrate others to do so, he just gave Adel a free reign, massaged his ego a bit and let him strut his stuff. In the Championship it worked a treat because, ability wise, he was streets ahead of anybody.

A team like Benfica probably can't afford to take such an approach (not that the Portuguese league is great) but they have other quite high profile players that likely won't put up with a player getting such special treatment.
        And this is precisely why Taarabt will always be remembered (if at all) as a "what if" player. Expect him to turn up on one of those "forgotten footballers" or "faded footballers" Twitter accounts in a few years.

I'd say it's a shame but it's entirely his own fault.

Comment

• His career is over in my view he's not hungry enough (excuse the pun) won't amount to anything now as so many have said in the past

Real shame as the guy with the right attitude should be performing at highest stage

Look at someone like James Milner 1% of Adels ability but million times a better player

Comment

• Originally posted by West Acton View Post
            His career is over in my view he's not hungry enough (excuse the pun) won't amount to anything now as so many have said in the past

Real shame as the guy with the right attitude should be performing at highest stage

Look at someone like James Milner 1% of Adels ability but million times a better player
            Let's not get carried away. Milner is Pony! and everything with what is wrong with English football. Works his nuts off so is deemed a good player, and a trier. We love a trier in this country. His free kick the other night summed him up ability wise. How he has got gigs at Man City and now Liverpool is beyond me.
            @chrisrobson9

Comment

• Fat Adel

Is still fat and been told to slim up if he wants to play in Benfica's team. Not been selected yet. Ho dear.

Comment

• No surprise there then.

A bloated waistline to match his bloated ego.

All that talent wasted.

Always thought one day he would wake up to the fact he is running out of years to impress the big clubs he craves.
                But clearly not.

What a complete fool.

Comment

• Just a matter of time before he tears the league apart. It's not his fault so we should not have a go at him and he's going to be world class player

You know he got us promoted single handily

While in the real world Carbs is a fat lazy #### who rinsed our club no better then the other #### takers

Comment

• Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                    Just a matter of time before he tears the league apart. It's not his fault so we should not have a go at him and he's going to be world class player

You know he got us promoted single handily

While in the real world Carbs is a fat lazy #### who rinsed our club no better then the other #### takers
                    Haven't we been here before? Same topic at least once a wk. I think we all know you all hate him. Surely changing my avatar won't keep putting salt into the wounds and we can all move on. He did promote us single handily and has moved on to a European great. Let's hope he gets his act together as it will make my BT sports that more reasonable
                    I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

• 23 goals and 23 assists must be some sort of record

Comment

• Blame it on the pastel de nata

He's still the best player we've had in recent years, hope it goes well for him over there. It's still early days.

Comment

• Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                          Haven't we been here before? Same topic at least once a wk. I think we all know you all hate him. Surely changing my avatar won't keep putting salt into the wounds and we can all move on. He did promote us single handily and has moved on to a European great. Let's hope he gets his act together as it will make my BT sports that more reasonable

Hate is a bit strong. I think most are just frustrated he don't give a t oss and some spotted this earliar then others and some still are in denial

He won't change WeAre you know it and I know it he is what he is and if I'm being honest it's such a shame and even bigger waste of talent

Comment

• On BT sport how much you paying for that???

Comment

• he ain't rangers any more so i couldn't give a flying f@ ck about him tbh...
                              PRIDE OF LONDON.

Comment

• He's still the best player we've had in recent years, hope it goes well for him over there. It's still early days.[/QUOTE]

No he's not!....He's not even in the top 3.....Charlie, Fer and Remy all much better than Adel even on his good days.

Comment

Working...
                                X