No announcement yet.

Adel Taarabt discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Match fit is about sharpness not fitness, is how the two are generally interpreted.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pal View Post
      The main reason we got promoted last year was the team ethic, the willingness to put your life on the line for the team, this is because Harry got rid of most of the poisoinous elements. Only one left to get rid of.
      This would be hilarious if it the realisation many of our fans are so easily brainwashed wasn't rather depressing.

You don't think the fact our players were generally paid around 10x as much had anything to do with it? That we could sign the likes of Ravel Morrison and then not even use him in the crucial games? We signed the division's best striker and best winger that summer, and you think we got promoted because we worked hard?!

Were you at Charlton away? Wednesday? Yeovil? Our work ethic was pathetic from January to April. Constantly outplayed and outfought. Got away with a few results purely down to player quality, not teamwork.

We decided to start trying again for about three matches right at the end of the season. Are you seriously saying we should laud the players and manager for bothering to work hard in the play-offs?

I can't believe people actually bought this 'plucky little QPR' thing last season

#WeRtogether, guys!

Comment

• Originally posted by Del View Post
        Im amazed people cant see this for what it really is. Redknapp's job was arguably on the line if we didnt get a result and i think he went into the game with a bit of might as well go for it attitude rather than his usual negative approach as a result. It nearly worked in his favour.

However, we lost the match. At the end of the season when the table doesnt lie, it's irrelevant if we "played well" in some games we lost. Yet after losing in what was supposedly a make or break game, Harry's conveniently deflected all media focus on Adel with some quite frankly ridiculous and false allegations.

Im not Adel's biggest fan, and want him to put the shift in, but forget Adel, look at Redknapp. he seems to have more blind faith followers than anyone and is the ultimate excuse maker when it comes to HIS failings. He is not and has never been a great manager. When he took over from Hughes we were only 6 points from safety, yet at the end of that season we were 14 points from safety!!!

The excuse then was he was dealing with a bad squad, not his squad blah, blah, blah...... Now after assembling his squad he scraped a lucky promotion and this year with more of his own players, we have had a worse start than under Hughes, and also bear in mind in thet Hughes start we played City and Chelsea also. Add to that we may not have got the results, but we always put up a fight and competed, unlike countless games under Harry. Harry is a dinosaur of a manager with old ideas and methods. Add to this he has his inner circle on the payroll also and what do they bring??? CLearly not a lot as he also had to get in McClaren last season and Hoddle this..... Why!!! How many other "top Managers" have to bring in Ex England Managers to coach their teams....???? It's a joke.

Adel has his own issues, but lets not get carried away, when has he ever been skinny...? He's always been quite big and stocky so he wont be 11 stone. As for some slating his comments about keeping Kaka and Robinho out of the Milan side.... why, that was the case. I also saw he was voted the best attacking player in a fans poll at the end of the season. So he didnt do too badly..... yet he's been hung out by Harry from day one since he returned.

Also, reading that article, he talks a lot of sense and says a lot of things we have all said.... much of it isnt rocket science, yet our manager seems to fail to address it, as does his army of well paid staff.

Ultimately, this is not good for the club. The Manager shouldnt be publicly slating a player in such a manner to start this argument. Adel has a right to reply and defend himself as Matty said, so the buck stops with Redknapp. He should know better and should behave in a more proffessional manner.... Although, as per above, how convenient it took focus away from yet anothe defeat.... the cynic in me might think he may have said to one of his journo mates to ask him about Adel if the result doesnt go our way..... Hmmmmmm??
        This is a superb post

Comment

• Harry hitting back again is just pathetic.

If he can't control this situation he shouldn't be managing a Sunday League side. Typical of TF's love affair with Harry (ref WHU) to row in on Harry's side. He'll change his tune when he finally gets how much continuing with Harry will cost the club. TF's involvement in sport overall has been naive and spectacularly unsuccessful.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
            Amen to that, brother (to use another Americanism...). Harry was asked a straight question about Adel. He gave a straight answer. He gave an unvarnished answer because a. he was p issed off by our loss and/ or b. hes had it with Adel's BS up to his ears.
            Yep so true. Nothing about that interview was scripted, boring, passionless. Its was pure emotion even Stevie Wonder could see that. Like I said before Harry's clearly got caught up in the heat of the moment, for right or wrong he's made honest comments and spoke his mind and said pretty much what most of us think.... And I applaud him for that, that's exactly what I want to see from him, not this lifeless man that we've seen so much of..... Will be very interesting to see what he's like against Villa.....
            SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

• I agree TF has to take his fair share of the blame for this shindig ...

Get the player and manager into line before this really goes even further south...

Regardless tho., no player is bigger than the club.. Alex Ferguson knew that when he sold van nistelroy and ronaldo....even beckham

Comment

• yawn

Comment

• Originally posted by Geng View Post
                  This would be hilarious if it the realisation many of our fans are so easily brainwashed wasn't rather depressing.

You don't think the fact our players were generally paid around 10x as much had anything to do with it? That we could sign the likes of Ravel Morrison and then not even use him in the crucial games? We signed the division's best striker and best winger that summer, and you think we got promoted because we worked hard?!

Were you at Charlton away? Wednesday? Yeovil? Our work ethic was pathetic from January to April. Constantly outplayed and outfought. Got away with a few results purely down to player quality, not teamwork.

We decided to start trying again for about three matches right at the end of the season. Are you seriously saying we should laud the players and manager for bothering to work hard in the play-offs?

I can't believe people actually bought this 'plucky little QPR' thing last season

#WeRtogether, guys!
                  Agree totally. Also, let's not forget, our best form last season only coincided with when McClaren was coaching the team.....!! He left, we capitulated for months and Derby gained from our loss. Redknapp is a myth, always has been.

Comment

• Originally posted by Awin View Post

Regardless tho., no player is bigger than the club..
                    Agree, and likewise, no manager's bigger than the club.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chunkyfenwick View Post
                      yawn

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick View Post
                        Yep so true. Nothing about that interview was scripted, boring, passionless. Its was pure emotion even Stevie Wonder could see that. Like I said before Harry's clearly got caught up in the heat of the moment, for right or wrong he's made honest comments and spoke his mind and said pretty much what most of us think.... And I applaud him for that, that's exactly what I want to see from him, not this lifeless man that we've seen so much of..... Will be very interesting to see what he's like against Villa.....
                        I look forward to you being equally forgiving towards a player next time one gets caught up in the heat of the moment.

(it's the guy's job, he's been doing it for three decades now. Not sure I buy the excuse. And it certainly doesn't explain his comments in the Mirror today)

Comment

• Terrible for Harry to come out with his the worst professional he has known

How about swp then

Wont go out on loan, not good enough to make the team and sucking the club of its money

Harry needs to leave, fed up with his bullturd

Comment

• I can't see that latest Harry interview at work, but it seems he's excelled himself even more.... Ironic if he's talking about Professionalism whilst giving such an interview.....

Comment

• Originally posted by Geng View Post
                              I look forward to you being equally forgiving towards a player next time one gets caught up in the heat of the moment.

(it's the guy's job, he's been doing it for three decades now. Not sure I buy the excuse. And it certainly doesn't explain his comments in the Mirror today)
                              On a different note isnt it Adels job to look after himself and keep fit?
                              SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dale View Post
                                Terrible for Harry to come out with his the worst professional he has known

How about swp then

Wont go out on loan, not good enough to make the team and sucking the club of its money

Harry needs to leave, fed up with his bullturd
                                My thoughts exactly!

Not a fan of Adel and I don't disagree with Harry's comments about his attitude. That said, why on would Harry come out with all this stuff? It serves to help the club not 1 iota. Either Adel sulks in reserves or has to leave nothing or next to nothing in the next window. A manager of Harry's experience should know better and Fernandes or Beard should have the balls to tell Harry to behave himself in the media. Yesterday's post match press conference was bad enough without what he's said today!

Comment

Working...
                                X