Adel Taarabt discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Pal View Post
    I've heard it all now, Taraabt not only got us promoted single handedly, but also kept us up in the first prem season!
    Where in my comment does it say anything of the sort???

I just said Adel imo, was at his best at the end of the season under Hughes when he not only demonstrated his ability, but aslo put a shift in. I didn't at any point suggest it was because of him we stayed up! He was part of a team that got some unlikely results and as a group kept us up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pal View Post
      The main reason we got promoted last year was the team ethic, the willingness to put your life on the line for the team, this is because Harry got rid of most of the poisoinous elements. Only one left to get rid of.
      Aree totally and Adel was no where near it, as for someone earlier about Clint and Adel, i cnaatell you for sure Hill & Taraabt dont get on at all,

Comment

• Six-pack? More like a dented keg.

Comment

• this is to me a case of 2 boys who cried wolf. both are known to (put lightly) stretch the truth to (put strongly) flat out lie. Harry was clearly incensed when he said Adel was overweight by 3 stone and there are 2-3 others who are also unworthy of pulling on the shirt.
          But Adel uses all the minor points to hit back at Harry: quoting his weight and whether its 3 stone.. rather than addressing if he really is fit and why he thinks he can not put in 100% at a reserve game to show he needs to be picked. Adel mentions everyone loves him but Sir Les seems like a very level headed fella, and to guess that Les tried to inject a few words of optimism to a head-case like Adel would not be a poor guess. If he was amazing, he wouldn't have played a full 90 against League 2 Burton and come away with nothing.
          A few other points about the interview (He was top man at Milan, yet they didnt want to pay asking price, etc) have been mentioned already by previous posters so I'll spare you..

in the end, its harry v adel.. and both have been known to stretch the truth/cover their ar$es.

Originally posted by MYU View Post
          I'm glad he got to give his version of the story
          giving it to the daily fail isnt going to endear you to most purveyors of actual sports journalism though
          Rangers Til I Die
          follow me at twitter.com/arthurqpr

Comment

• Originally posted by dave58 View Post
            Aree totally and Adel was no where near it, as for someone earlier about Clint and Adel, i cnaatell you for sure Hill & Taraabt dont get on at all,
            Nobodys said Hill and Adel do get on. The point was about Kevin Mc basically making a statement that everyone hates Adel based on his assumption. He then said Hill mugged Adel off the first day back when the clip was actually not that at all.

In any group, be it professional sports teams or work places, there will be people who dont get on with others, it's nothing groundbreaking.

Comment

• Arguing aside, what do people actually think will happen here?
              Harrys silence is deafening.
              Surely the relationship between player and manager is beyond repair after each others words isn't it?
              Huge fine for adel and/or contract ended for bringing the club into disrepute i think could happen.

Comment

• Fine both of them heavily.......with a bit of luck they will both get the hump and Foxtrot Oscar!

Comment

• look in the end, this is all about Adel's fitness right? ......

simple....

whens the next reserve game? anyone who's interested, just pop down to harlington and judge it for yourself.
                  i cant find the info but anyone who knows the reserve squad schedule, please post
                  Last edited by ArthurQPR_NYC; 21-10-2014, 12:07 PM.
                  Rangers Til I Die
                  follow me at twitter.com/arthurqpr

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                    Arguing aside, what do people actually think will happen here?
                    Harrys silence is deafening.
                    Surely the relationship between player and manager is beyond repair after each others words isn't it?
                    Huge fine for adel and/or contract ended for bringing the club into disrepute i think could happen.
                    Both are at fault, but it was instigated by Harry's rant. Without that Adel doesnt do any interview. The relationship will be beyond repair i would imagine. AS for sacking Adel, that wont happen. Player contracts are almost watertight in their favour when written up, so to do something that would ultimately lead to dismissal, it would need to be something spectacularly bad to get that far. Him defending himself against accusations made about him is not such a situation.

Comment

• Isnt the manager allowed to comment on and criticise his players, but its not allowed the other way around though?
                      And defending himself about the weight thing, all well and good but i think he crossed a contractual line with the slating of his managers coaching and methods etc.

Comment

You ever seen anyone other than traore sticking up for him lately? Did you see the way clint hill the captain mugged him off totally the first day back?
                        Hes a hero to you and ALL the rangers fans, but not the players, its not hard to work out without having 'inside track on the dressing room'.
                        Didn't Cualker do a interview the other day saying Adel could be the difference between staying up and relegation?
                        Looks very friendly to me with Vargas, Isla, Traore, etc in the instagram pics. Ephraim is always praising him as a person and he spent a few years with him. (a few examples of the top of my head)

You can't go around saying people are hated if you do not know yourself.

The whole discussion is boring now anyway and all comes down to peoples opinions. Some people like Adel, some don't. Some people like Harry, some don't, and we will always go around in the same circle regarding discussions on here about it, which is funny as no one on here unless a member of staff knows what is factually going on.

Who is lying? I do not know and do not care, all I want is for QPR to compete at the top level of English football and for us to go about our business quietly like the likes of Swansea, Soton, etc, and not for our chairman, manager, players always in the public light like a version of west london eastenders on twitter or what not.
                        @chrisrobson9

Comment

• Had enough of it now, but why cant i go around saying i dont think he is liked by the majority of other players?
                          Its a message board, and im posting a message.

Comment

Isnt the manager allowed to comment on and criticise his players, but its not allowed the other way around though?
                            And defending himself about the weight thing, all well and good but i think he crossed a contractual line with the slating of his managers coaching and methods etc.
                            He'll have crossed the line with regards to a workable relationship with said manager i expect, but it isnt a sackable offence.

Comment

Had enough of it now, but why cant i go around saying i dont think he is liked by the majority of other players?
                              Its a message board, and im posting a message.
                              There wouldnt be a problem with you saying it that way, but you didnt. You said in rereference to Adel "who the rest of the dressing room totally and utterly hates anyway".

in other words you stated it as a matter of fact, not what you think. there's a big difference.

Comment

• Originally posted by Del View Post
                                He'll have crossed the line with regards to a workable relationship with said manager i expect, but it isnt a sackable offence.
                                We will see, its very wrong but i reckon its going to get proper juicy.

Comment

Working...
                                X