Adel Taarabt discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Del View Post
    Really.....???? Plenty of fans never shut up about Hill, even now, and everyone loved Derry and saw what he brought to the team. Oh and lets not forget, although Adel was voted the best player in the Championship that season, i think it was Paddy that won every player of the year award at the club that season.... so i think you may be off the mark somewhat.
    Ok 'never get a mention' was a bit OTT, but the point I was making was that the Adel lovers argument why he is such a god is because of that 1 season. And they very rarely mention the others name in that argument.
    SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
      You ever seen anyone other than traore sticking up for him lately? Did you see the way clint hill the captain mugged him off totally the first day back?
      Hes a hero to you and ALL the rangers fans, but not the players, its not hard to work out without having 'inside track on the dressing room'.
      Firstly, the thing you're talking about with Hill was Hill tongue in cheek mocking himself about being given another year, not mugging off Adel. It was wrongly taken out of contest by some. And as for players not "sticking up for him" at what point do squad members openly "stick up for each other".... For your statement to have any creibility, every other squad member would've had to have publicly come out and "stuck up" for every other player, except Adel.

In other words it's a mute point. The fact Traore has said anything at all, doesnt mean the rest are against him does it..... Jeez.

Comment

• I would have any bet you named that adel taarabt is not liked one little bit in that dressing room.

Comment

I would have any bet you named that adel taarabt is not liked one little bit in that dressing room.
          but like Del has highlighted, clint said nothing of the sort and I suggest you watch the video again.

If you're going to make a statement, try and use correct information otherwise it flaws your arguement.
          I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

• Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
            but like Del has highlighted, clint said nothing of the sort and I suggest you watch the video again.

If you're going to make a statement, try and use correct information otherwise it flaws your arguement.
            To me it was a mug off, to you it wasnt. You must get treated different by people than i do. Cos i saw it that way. So my argument is unflawed.
            And im really not even bothered to drag up links from the last few weeks of rangers players complimenting and sticking up for each other which has happened as well.
            Last edited by Kevin Mcleod; 21-10-2014, 10:54 AM.

Comment

Im amazed people cant see this for what it really is. Redknapp's job was arguably on the line if we didnt get a result and i think he went into the game with a bit of might as well go for it attitude rather than his usual negative approach as a result. It nearly worked in his favour.

However, we lost the match. At the end of the season when the table doesnt lie, it's irrelevant if we "played well" in some games we lost. Yet after losing in what was supposedly a make or break game, Harry's conveniently deflected all media focus on Adel with some quite frankly ridiculous and false allegations.

Im not Adel's biggest fan, and want him to put the shift in, but forget Adel, look at Redknapp. he seems to have more blind faith followers than anyone and is the ultimate excuse maker when it comes to HIS failings. He is not and has never been a great manager. When he took over from Hughes we were only 6 points from safety, yet at the end of that season we were 14 points from safety!!!

The excuse then was he was dealing with a bad squad, not his squad blah, blah, blah...... Now after assembling his squad he scraped a lucky promotion and this year with more of his own players, we have had a worse start than under Hughes, and also bear in mind in thet Hughes start we played City and Chelsea also. Add to that we may not have got the results, but we always put up a fight and competed, unlike countless games under Harry. Harry is a dinosaur of a manager with old ideas and methods. Add to this he has his inner circle on the payroll also and what do they bring??? CLearly not a lot as he also had to get in McClaren last season and Hoddle this..... Why!!! How many other "top Managers" have to bring in Ex England Managers to coach their teams....???? It's a joke.

Adel has his own issues, but lets not get carried away, when has he ever been skinny...? He's always been quite big and stocky so he wont be 11 stone. As for some slating his comments about keeping Kaka and Robinho out of the Milan side.... why, that was the case. I also saw he was voted the best attacking player in a fans poll at the end of the season. So he didnt do too badly..... yet he's been hung out by Harry from day one since he returned.

Also, reading that article, he talks a lot of sense and says a lot of things we have all said.... much of it isnt rocket science, yet our manager seems to fail to address it, as does his army of well paid staff.

Ultimately, this is not good for the club. The Manager shouldnt be publicly slating a player in such a manner to start this argument. Adel has a right to reply and defend himself as Matty said, so the buck stops with Redknapp. He should know better and should behave in a more proffessional manner.... Although, as per above, how convenient it took focus away from yet anothe defeat.... the cynic in me might think he may have said to one of his journo mates to ask him about Adel if the result doesnt go our way..... Hmmmmmm??
              Great post Del. Agree with every word.

Comment

• So if Harry plays a clearly unfit tub of lard, who doesn't put a shift in for the rest of the season, and we go down. Who would get the tin tack? Harry or the fat morroccan?

Comment

To me it was a mug off, to you it wasnt. You must get treated different by people than i do. Cos i saw it that way. So my argument is unflawed.
                  And im really not even bothered to drag up links from the last few weeks of rangers players complimenting and sticking up for each other which has happened as well.

Think what you want, but you are wrong. Hill was joking about being given another year himself. Anyway, let's not let that get in the way of it being an apparent slating of Adel, which better suits your argument which is more flimsy than a pier made out of polystyrene as based completely on your own assumption and nothing else.

You then say you cant be bothered to look up links to players complimenting or sticking up for each other..... It's pointless anyway. As mentioned, just because a player may stick up for someone it doesnt mean they can't stand someone else, Adel or otherwise. It's laughable to even suggest it does.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
                    Fella's treated this club like total s hit since summer 2013. And some folk back him? Jeez.....
                    I agree totally 77......but I think you'll find Harry joined in November 2012.....

It's such a pity that HR felt the need to deflect from our loss in such a way.......not much class.

Adel had better start looking for something else to do away from football now

Comment

• The main reason we got promoted last year was the team ethic, the willingness to put your life on the line for the team, this is because Harry got rid of most of the poisoinous elements. Only one left to get rid of.
                      Last edited by Pal; 21-10-2014, 11:08 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pal View Post
                        So if Harry plays a clearly unfit tub of lard, who doesn't put a shift in for the rest of the season, and we go down. Who would get the tin tack? Harry or the fat morroccan?
                        As mentioned in the other Adel thread, why is he not fit? If he's not grafting the club should fine him so he does buck up. If he is training then the army of coaches and fitness staff arent doing their job properly. Also as deemd not fit enough, why isnt he on a specific fitness programme to rectify it. If he doesnt do it, fine him. Simple.

Also for all those saying Adel was only good under Warnock i beg to differ. He shone in the promotion side yes, but was not good in the prem when we went up (bar that Newcastle 0-0 when he was brilliant as was SWP on debut). However, Adel for me was at his best under Hughes near the end of that season. Hughes got the best out of him and also had him putting shifts in and tracking back. Something else Hughes did better than Redknapp, yet Redknapp is supposedly the best motivator in the business if you believe the hype.

Comment

• Pulis wouldn't stand for this nonsense !

Comment

• http://talksport.com/football/taarab...w-141021119894

Comment

• Yeah i heard that this morning, and he's basically going by what Redknapp said. In other words, given Redknapp was spouting some obvious BS, it doesnt really count for anything whatsoever. Anyway, who cares what Steve Lomas has to say about QPR..?

Comment

However, Adel for me was at his best under Hughes near the end of that season. Hughes got the best out of him and also had him putting shifts in and tracking back.
                                I've heard it all now, Taraabt not only got us promoted single handedly, but also kept us up in the first prem season!

Comment

Working...
                                X