Adel Taarabt discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dale View Post
    Harry just about got us to the Prem and it was not pretty but with NW and Taarbt it was magical that season
    Adel did far more to get us to the Prem than Harry did.

In 2010/11 we were a bog standard play-off side, plus Adel. We'd barely escaped relegation the previous year, most people expected mid-table. Of our squad that season, none have gone on to play in the PL regularly (Walker and Routledge aside, but they were loans). Closest would be Hill, Faurlin and Mackie, for us.

Our squad last season was the most expensive in Championship history, full of players who would expect to spend their careers in the top flight. Don't see how you can compare the impact of the two.

Think of it this way: had Liverpool won the league last season, Suarez would have deservedly taken a lot more credit than Pellegrini did.

Comment

• Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
      so he can be great when he's in the mood , I should be happy to have this tu?d to shlt on my club time and again
      I take it you still boo the evil Joey Barton then?

"Joey Barton is demanding a staggering £3m to leave QPR after he finally arrived for pre-season training on Wednesday.
      Barton has told Rangers he will walk away from his £70,000-a-week contract if they agree to his demands.
      The midfielder, 30, still has two years left to run on his contract and it will cost the Championship club £7m to keep him.

Rangers chief Harry Redknapp expected Barton to report for training at Rangers on Monday but the midfielder didn’t show up.
      He had spent the weekend in Glastonbury before returning to the North West to be with his family."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...-contract.html

Comment

• Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
        If Harry meant to throw up Adel TooFat as a smokescreen then he's the best actor in the world... Watch the press conference again. His answers were entirely instinctual and wholly born of exasperation.
        His answers were entirely instinctive and wholly born of the compulsive truth deflector. The man who couldn't understand why spurs sacked him.

Comment

• Im amazed people cant see this for what it really is. Redknapp's job was arguably on the line if we didnt get a result and i think he went into the game with a bit of might as well go for it attitude rather than his usual negative approach as a result. It nearly worked in his favour.

However, we lost the match. At the end of the season when the table doesnt lie, it's irrelevant if we "played well" in some games we lost. Yet after losing in what was supposedly a make or break game, Harry's conveniently deflected all media focus on Adel with some quite frankly ridiculous and false allegations.

Im not Adel's biggest fan, and want him to put the shift in, but forget Adel, look at Redknapp. he seems to have more blind faith followers than anyone and is the ultimate excuse maker when it comes to HIS failings. He is not and has never been a great manager. When he took over from Hughes we were only 6 points from safety, yet at the end of that season we were 14 points from safety!!!

The excuse then was he was dealing with a bad squad, not his squad blah, blah, blah...... Now after assembling his squad he scraped a lucky promotion and this year with more of his own players, we have had a worse start than under Hughes, and also bear in mind in thet Hughes start we played City and Chelsea also. Add to that we may not have got the results, but we always put up a fight and competed, unlike countless games under Harry. Harry is a dinosaur of a manager with old ideas and methods. Add to this he has his inner circle on the payroll also and what do they bring??? CLearly not a lot as he also had to get in McClaren last season and Hoddle this..... Why!!! How many other "top Managers" have to bring in Ex England Managers to coach their teams....???? It's a joke.

Adel has his own issues, but lets not get carried away, when has he ever been skinny...? He's always been quite big and stocky so he wont be 11 stone. As for some slating his comments about keeping Kaka and Robinho out of the Milan side.... why, that was the case. I also saw he was voted the best attacking player in a fans poll at the end of the season. So he didnt do too badly..... yet he's been hung out by Harry from day one since he returned.

Also, reading that article, he talks a lot of sense and says a lot of things we have all said.... much of it isnt rocket science, yet our manager seems to fail to address it, as does his army of well paid staff.

Ultimately, this is not good for the club. The Manager shouldnt be publicly slating a player in such a manner to start this argument. Adel has a right to reply and defend himself as Matty said, so the buck stops with Redknapp. He should know better and should behave in a more proffessional manner.... Although, as per above, how convenient it took focus away from yet anothe defeat.... the cynic in me might think he may have said to one of his journo mates to ask him about Adel if the result doesnt go our way..... Hmmmmmm??

Comment

Harry just about got us to the Prem and it was not pretty but with NW and Taarbt it was magical that season
            Didn't Harry get rid of all the poison (players and atmosphere) left behind from the previous season? also because being able to do this didn't that just leave him with just 12 out field players? And because of Harry's reputation (players like him) he was able to attract certain players to build a squad capable of promotion 1st time around? Also IMHO we've just had the best transfer window for years at this club......

All the above is much much more than what Adel has ever brought to this club - he played well for one season because the whole team was built around him just so he wouldn't kick off a throw tantrums... also funny how Hill, Derry etc never get a mention of that season.. its always Adel single handedly got us promoted.
            SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick View Post
              Didn't Harry get rid of all the poison (players and atmosphere) left behind from the previous season? also because being able to do this didn't that just leave him with just 12 out field players? And because of Harry's reputation (players like him) he was able to attract certain players to build a squad capable of promotion 1st time around? Also IMHO we've just had the best transfer window for years at this club......

All the above is much much more than what Adel has ever brought to this club - he played well for one season because the whole team was built around him just so he wouldn't kick off a throw tantrums... also funny how Hill, Derry etc never get a mention of that season.. its always Adel single handedly got us promoted.
              Harry Out did more to get us up, cos he did it without adel the god.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                Harry Out did more to get us up, cos he did it without adel the god.

How have Barca managed, eh?

Comment

Really.....???? Plenty of fans never shut up about Hill, even now, and everyone loved Derry and saw what he brought to the team. Oh and lets not forget, although Adel was voted the best player in the Championship that season, i think it was Paddy that won every player of the year award at the club that season.... so i think you may be off the mark somewhat.

Comment

Yeah a great transfer window but whats the point if we lack tactics and some of the players have little faith in the manager as he has random outbursts and rarely attends full training sessions

Lost the dressing room and can see it only getting uglier amongst players and staff

Comment

• Originally posted by Del View Post
                      Really.....???? Plenty of fans never shut up about Hill, even now, and everyone loved Derry and saw what he brought to the team. Oh and lets not forget, although Adel was voted the best player in the Championship that season, i think it was Paddy that won every player of the year award at the club that season.... so i think you may be off the mark somewhat.
                      I should think so and all....

Comment

Yeah a great transfer window but whats the point if we lack tactics and some of the players have little faith in the manager as he has random outbursts and rarely attends full training sessions

Lost the dressing room and can see it only getting uglier amongst players and staff
                        Not sticking up for him, but i think its 'lost one player', who the rest of the dressing room totally and utterly hates anyway.

Comment

Not sticking up for him, but i think its 'lost one player', who the rest of the dressing room totally and utterly hates anyway.
                          Yeah, because you have the inside track on the dressing room to make such a statement dont you.....

Comment

From the footage shown at training sessions looks like he was getting on pretty well with them and plus they see past his attitude and admire his ability with the ball

Comment

I didn't know he lost the dressing room?... his tactics/formations have been questionable, and I was firmly in the Harry Out camp after the W.Ham game but the Liverpool match proved to me the team (not Adel) have full respect for Harry and want to fight for him and the club.
                              SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Del View Post
                                Yeah, because you have the inside track on the dressing room to make such a statement dont you.....
                                You ever seen anyone other than traore sticking up for him lately? Did you see the way clint hill the captain mugged him off totally the first day back?
                                Hes a hero to you and ALL the rangers fans, but not the players, its not hard to work out without having 'inside track on the dressing room'.

Comment

Working...
                                X