Adel Taarabt discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
    Be interesting - has every right to give his side of the story after Harry's grossly exaggerated rant.
    I thoroughly agree and I don't believe Redknapp about Taarabt's fitness being down to his weight.

Redknapp is the manager and he hires football and fitness coaches. It is his responsibility to ensure that the players receive the correct training and coaching.

Taarabt is a talented but obviously flawed player. He is never going to be a box to box all action player so should be used in his best attacking position.

my solution would be to hire a personal fitness trainer for Taarabt and anyone else who is not fit to run for 90 mins and have them put on a personalised training programme over the next 2-3 weeks to get them ready to play.

I agree with Taarabt's comments about training not be intense or up to standard, that is bleeding obvious having seen QPR play this season. Liverpool's 2nd and 3rd goals are testament to how unfit the players are.

the fact that so many players still are not fit 3 months after pre-season started is nothing short of a disgrace.

The squad is not a terrible one and certainly not as bad as 4 points from 8 games would suggest.

The players and Taarabt (as he says) are professionals and as such it is also their responsibility to ensure they are fit to carry out their duty. As far as I am concerned it is now time for the players, Redknapp and the coaches to all have a good look at themselves in the mirror and ask 'am I doing enough to meet the standards expected of me and to justify the huge wages I get paid each week?'

Comment

• Usual behavior from Adel. Plus he's overweight and therefore unfit at 13 stone 8, was probably well over that earlier in the season, and has played some twenty minutes for us since April 2013

Comment

Cmon mate he didn't "just reply" did he? He properly dug him out and grossly exaggerated things, tbh I would have been shocked if Adel took that and didn't reply to shed some truth on the matter. Typical Harry giving his media pals ammunition for their tabloid papers. Totally unnecessary from Harry to start all this sh1te - he used it to deflect attention away from the shambolic defending that cost us 3 points.
        I thoroughly agree.

Redknapp as usual is never taking any blame for things that go wrong.
        It is his job to ensure that training is up to the standard expected of the Premiership.

Why are players still unfit 3 months after pre- season training began?
        If players are not turning up to train or training properly why are they not being fined a week's wages?
        How many of us would be left to turn up at work but then refuse to do the job we are paid to do?

Comment

• Have to say think both at fault. 'Arry needs to learn the media aren't really his mates and he can't just waffle on about everything he wants. Went well OTT to put it mildly. I can understand he is frustrated by Adel but he needs to be reigned in. Completely unprofessional. I'm not an anatomy expert but the Moroccan #### looks lean to me although may well not be match fit.

Turning to Adel I can understand why he felt he needed to respond but like 'Arry went well OTT and used it as an opportunity to promote himself and do the manager down which can only be harmful to the club. He could have left it at 'look how fit I look' picture and saying how much he wants to play. That would have said all it needed to without anything further.

My view is they are both using the media to their own ends. Quite similar in that regard.

Comment

• Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
            Have to say think both at fault. 'Arry needs to learn the media aren't really his mates and he can't just waffle on about everything he wants. Went well OTT to put it mildly. I can understand he is frustrated by Adel but he needs to be reigned in. Completely unprofessional. I'm not an anatomy expert but the Moroccan #### looks lean to me although may well not be match fit.

Turning to Adel I can understand why he felt he needed to respond but like 'Arry went well OTT and used it as an opportunity to promote himself and do the manager down which can only be harmful to the club. He could have left it at 'look how fit I look' picture and saying how much he wants to play. That would have said all it needed to without anything further.

My view is they are both using the media to their own ends. Quite similar in that regard.
            Good, well-balanced post there mate. Both went way over the top, discrediting the club in the process.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
              Usual behavior from Adel. Plus he's overweight and therefore unfit at 13 stone 8, was probably well over that earlier in the season, and has played some twenty minutes for us since April 2013
              But why isn't Redknapp doing more to get Taarabt fit? He can use carrot and stick measures. 1st team football and possible ACN participation in January or weekly fines.
              Redknapp is the manager and overall responsible for the standard and quality of training.

He should stop complaining about Taarabt and do something about his lack of fitness.

Comment

• The silence from harry out! is deadly.
                Maybe he realises he has bitten off far more than he can chew by slating the biggest ever legend in qpr's history.
                If he did it about bowles or macdonald it would of been less controversial.
                I can see the loyal fans of qpr who adel himself says ALL love him, could force harry out! properly into being actually harry out of a job, over daring to criticise this footballing god who is the most talked about, and will always be adored forever and a day in nearly all of qpr fans eyes for what he has done for the club and all the loyalty and effort he has put into qpr.
                The poll of the true fans never lies, read it and weep harry. Read it and weep.
                Wrong move coating the man of the fans.
                Last edited by Kevin Mcleod; 21-10-2014, 09:39 AM.

Comment

• Will be suprised to see Adel turn out again while Harry's in charge, looks like they've burnt their bridges on this one, Club should've got rid of Adel in the summer, but it looks like no one wants him?

Comment

• I wonder if this will have an effect on the dressing room.
                    SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick View Post
                      I wonder if this will have an effect on the dressing room.
                      Thought Harry lost it a long time okay by the rumour threads on here hasnt he?

Comment

• How can players have respect for Harry after this

I have little respect for him for digging out a player like that who has done more for the club then Harry has

If he would of slated swp for being a lazy little turd then fine but can see Taarabt is trying to make the team and wants to play badly

Harry has lost most of the dressing room imo and this has only made matters worse

Comment

• Originally posted by Dale View Post
                          How can players have respect for Harry after this

I have little respect for him for digging out a player like that who has done more for the club then Harry has

If he would of slated swp for being a lazy little turd then fine but can see Taarabt is trying to make the team and wants to play badly

Harry has lost most of the dressing room imo and this has only made matters worse
                          I know everyone detests Harry Out! and his dire football and passionless managing since hes been here, but he has done as much as adel imo, they both got us to the prem.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                            The silence from harry out! is deadly.
                            Maybe he realises he has bitten off far more than he can chew by slating the biggest ever legend in qpr's history.
                            If he did it about bowles or macdonald it would of been less controversial.
                            I can see the loyal fans of qpr who adel himself says ALL love him, could force harry out! properly into being actually harry out of a job, over daring to criticise this footballing god who is the most talked about, and will always be adored forever and a day in nearly all of qpr fans eyes for what he has done for the club and all the loyalty and effort he has put into qpr.
                            The poll of the true fans never lies, read it and weep harry. Read it and weep.
                            Wrong move coating the man of the fans.
                            I am not a huge fan of Adel, but merely pointing out that both are to blame.

It isn't just Taarabt who is unfit though, is it? after the West Ham game Redknapp was saying the players are unfit. That was almost 2 and a half months after pre season began.

there are a lot of managers out there who always like to blame others when things don't go their way.
                            Hughes Di Canio and Redknapp are just 3 of them. Nothing ever seems to be their fault.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                              I know everyone detests Harry Out! and his dire football and passionless managing since hes been here, but he has done as much as adel imo, they both got us to the prem.
                              Harry just about got us to the Prem and it was not pretty but with NW and Taarbt it was magical that season

Comment

But Redknapp is allowed to use the national media to dig him out? As soon as he done that it entitled Adel to give his response in public too.

(This bit not at you kev but whilst on this post may as well add to it) - funny how a week ago we all hated Redknapp and his negative dross and excuses about fitness, but after one good performance, it's seemingly forgotten? Adel is stating near on exactly what we were all saying and knew, yet people are ignoring it? Whether they should be slanging in public or not (they shouldn't), the crux of what adel is saying is bang on the money in my opinion.
                                yup. Just imagine if this argument had played out after West Ham, almost everyone would be behind Adel. (Relatively) Good moment for Harry to pick a fight with Taarabt.

Adel spot on re: our godawful pressing and defensive teamwork. Says what we all suspected re half ahsed training and the manager's attitude filtering down to the players. If it had been any other player saying this we would be hailing him as a whistleblower (of course there's lots of petty backstory bllocks here, I'm in no way saying Adel is blameless. Just that the content of what he said was bang on, as Matty says).

Comment

Working...
                                X