Adel Taarabt discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SuperHoopNik View Post
    Fella's had it in for him since spurs days, clearly hates him. Course he has a right to speak up...Taarabt's attitude at times is atrocious but he speaks the truth when he has to, even if it does mean inviting a few blokes with cameras over to take a few snaps of your belly....
    I think Harry hates his attitude rather than him. And it probably does his head in that nothing has changed since his Spurs days.

Comment

• Remember that story about the trip to Dubai in March or so the year we went down being a big pissup?

Remember Harry coming out with his usual blather a day or two later?

Very similar argument to this one...

Comment

• Originally posted by TheNiceGuy View Post
        Maybe I should report you, I said yesterday I will not sit there spending all day saying I am not x or y or z, I have lost count at the number of things I have been called by a few posters since yesterday, I have some days off work and thought it would be fun to discuss some things as we finally have something exciting happening at the club after an energising performance and an explosive interview, I really don't want any aggro mate, I'm here for some fun, don't want to get involved in any childish games you might be ineterested in.

Thanks.

You are right you are not x,y or z but you defiantly are marshy
        Pretty sad really

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
          Yeah, on the training pitch or god forbid the premiership stage.
          Calling the papers to come round your flat to take pictures of you holding your belly in, come on . Ha ha ha ha.
          ok
          Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
          If the p rick simply did his job by training, being fit, showing willing, playing for the team, then none of this would be happening. Backing him over Harry is outrageous.
          Adel doesn't really care about us and I'd be indifferent if he left. It's not really about Adel vs Harry in my view. Harry's premier league record with us is shocking and he's had fantastic support from the board whilst he's been here. Neither of them should be saying anything like this in the media. They should both shut up and concentrate on trying to keep us in this league.

Comment

Yeah, on the training pitch or god forbid the premiership stage.
            Calling the papers to come round your flat to take pictures of you holding your belly in, come on . Ha ha ha ha.
            The same could be said for the manager. There is a time and place for giving his opinions and a post match press conference was neither.

And the piece clearly states "when he arrived in West London", suggesting that it probably wasn't his flat.

Let's face it, neither party comes out of this looking at all good.

Comment

• Read the article and comment as follows
              You would think a newspaper would know how to spell Moroccan.
              He said that he didn't play like he could in the reserve game because he wanted to protect himself. Surely he should have realized that if he wanted to play against Liverpool, then he should have tried hard in the reserve game.
              In the next paragraph he says you don't get fit by training, only by playing in the Premier league.
              It sounds like the 3 stone overweight is not correct, though I am not sure whether 85 kilo is a reasonable weight or not.
              He indicates that when he was playing in Milan Kaka and Robinho could not get into the team, indicating he thinks he is better than them. If he was this great surely Milan would have paid whatever the club asked to keep him.
              He seemed to think that when he came back to QPR he would automatically get into the team. This seems to conflict with him being injured and unable to train.
              He thinks all the fans love him. OK some do but he obviously hasn't read all the posts on here. Also he says he loves QPR. If this is the case why has he been trying to leave for such a long time (not only under Harry).
              He admitted he did not make much of an effort in the reserve game, but says he was fuming when he wasn't chosen on Sunday.
              He says that the coaches have no say, and yet earlier he said Harry is only at training for about 5 minutes. Does that mean that nobody coaches them? Also it was Harry who brought Hoddle in as coach.
              He says Hoddle loves him. Did he tell him that?
              I would be surprised in Les Ferdinand said what is claimed. No player has the right to be in the team every time. I notice he doesn't mention what any of his team mates think.

Comment

• Originally posted by brightonr View Post
                The same could be said for the manager. There is a time and place for giving his opinions and a post match press conference was neither.

And the piece clearly states "when he arrived in West London", suggesting that it probably wasn't his flat.

Let's face it, neither party comes out of this looking at all good.
                Might not be his flat, but it did look like it to me going by the picture adel posted last night on instagram that was reposted on here.

Comment

• Pair of them are embarrassing this club, by continuing a mutual dislike from years ago, and doing it in the public sphere.

Fed up with it now.

Sucking the positivity that was gained from the performance on Sunday. It's not about QPR's improvement in the media now, it's Harry vs Adel. All about egos, not the football club.

Comment

• Stick em both in a ring and let them settle it there and then.. Reckon he'll play vs chelsea and city, got a point to prove which could be a good thing for us..though if he does score i'd imagine he'd do something stupid like run over to redknapp and perhaps belly flop him to floor.
                    "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

Comment

• Can see this getting even messier.
                      PRIDE OF LONDON.

Comment

Can i just offer huge congratulations to the person who made the poll. Excellent work and deserves some sort of end of year ted award. After such a great performance yesterday and the first bit of board harmony in ages, you, whoever you are still got a 'harry out' poll in before today ended.
                        The man, the true man, the proper man, .,
                        Can i point out i started this thread, but did not create the poll

Comment

• Originally posted by TheNiceGuy
                          Having thought about everything that has been said, I have come to the conclusion that:

Those who like Harry and/or dislike Adel are happy to believe anything Harry has to say about Adel without questioning it at all, because it just gives them an excuse to have a go at Adel.

Those who like Adel and/or dislike Harry are happy to say Harry is a liar, Harry just doesn't want to choose Adel etc, and absolve blame off Adel.

I think the truth is somewhere in between. I think it is true that Adel lacks professionalism. I think it is true that Adel doesn't work very hard in training on the physical side. However, I think Harry does have a personal grudge against Adel - it is clear that Harry likes his favourites, and if you're not in his good books, he will try and shun you. I don't think Harry has made an effort to reach out to Adel, Harry has consistently mocked Adel in public, whether it be that he doesn't want him back (when Fulham released him), or saying how he is surprised that a player like Adel is now going to Milan, or letting us all believe earlier on this season that Adel isn't training because he can't be bothered when later on it became clear he was carrying an injury which was stopping him from training. I think yesterday's burst was a new low, all Harry had to say was that Adel isn't fully fit, and that was it, there was no need to come out with this three stone overweight nonsense, nor saying that Adel hasn't been training, because now it puts other clubs off from taking him, and drops his value, which harms the club.

We saw at Milan how Adel worked his socks off, and the trick was to put an arm around him, make him feel special, and tell him that if he wants to become a great player and move onto bigger things, he needs to put 100% on the training ground, and he will be rewarded with regular starts. Instead, Harry has made him feel unwelcome, which is stupid, because we all know that Adel is stroppy and he is the type of guy who needs constant encouragement.

In summary, I would say the fault is 30% Adel, 70% Harry.
                          Just saying he was not fully fit, wouldn't have answered the question. I assume most of the journalists saw Adel go off in a strop, so he obviously thought he was fit and that he should be playing. It's not the first time this has happened when he's been subbed or not played (remember Fulham).

Comment

• There was a poll already there, I added 'sack both' and 'sack everyone' for a bit of fun.

5 people voted 'sack everyone'.

Not sure if they voted that for fun or not!

Comment

• Another Adel thread, should HR issue a public apology to Adel?

After seeing these pictures and reading that article, I think HR is out of order!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...gainst-me.html
                              Kept the faith!

Comment

• I think tomorrow this will be with the Club's legal department and everybody will be told not to discuss it.

Comment

Working...
                                X