X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bill
    replied
    Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
    Without question one of the three most naturally gifted individuals in my time watching the club (ie far too long).
    Adel is coming back.......the new lean version

Would you have him ?

Just asking

Leave a comment:

• Olly
    replied
    Genoa v Sampdoria

409 BT sport, you know who

Leave a comment:

• 72bus
    replied
    the bloke has wasted his best years , saw him a few weeks back make a reckless tackle and get sent off . he'll look back in his old age and his trophy cabinet will be bare

Leave a comment:

• hal9thou
    replied
    Without question one of the three most naturally gifted individuals in my time watching the club (ie far too long).

Leave a comment:

• qprjeff1882
    replied
    I can understand him not wanting to come back to a manager who clearly never liked him from his Tottenham days. I think even if Adel was still the same player as the promotion seaon in training he still wouldn't get gametime. He must have been devastated when he saw Redknapp get the job. But having said that Adel owed it to himself to stay fit and keep going. I also think he probably suffers with depression and finds it hard to get motivated.
    Ironically he is playing right now against AC Milan.

Leave a comment:

• Stanley
    replied
    Aside from the headline, some interesting quotes:

"At the start of my career, I would rely solely on talent. I didn’t believe in hard work or playing for the team. I wanted to win my way. Now I have realised that football is a collective sport, that to be a complete player, you must be willing to sacrifice yourself. Putting on weight has always been an issue for me. When I was young and single, I could go out with my friends to restaurants. You can’t do that at 28, you need to change your lifestyle, and that’s what I did.

I rediscovered my love for football and for myself. I am crazy about this sport and watch every game I can. My idol is Zinedine Zidane and now I play closer to the goal, in the role he had. I thought I could never get back to my best, but with this new physical form, I can start winning again and playing well with Genoa.”

And at least he's backing the rhetoric up with performances now.

Leave a comment:

• LoftusRoadLad
    replied
    http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport...arabt-13795848

He needs to remember that we QPR gave him a platform to show his skills when nobody wanted him. Assole.

Leave a comment:

• stanistheman
    replied
    Originally posted by James1979 View Post
    Can’t believe some “fans” can abuse him. No one in current side is fit to lace his boots. He has is troubles but he was our troubled Moroccan genius. Not sure we’ll see the likes of him at Loftus Road again but hey....at least we’ll have players who can do the hill of hell!
    There will be many who will criticise him, because he wasted 4 seasons or so with his attitude/issues and by some because he didn't track back or chase the ball around like the current attackers, Mackie and Washington!

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
    Spot on, won't see a player take the pi ss out of this league like that in my lifetime. OK didn't work out for him at a higher level but him and Wayne routledge were worth paying the entrance fee alone
    absolutely true. watching them two was entertainment the likes of which we have not seen replicated since.

Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
    Good for him and hopefully it continues.
    Ditto.

Leave a comment:

• Tarbie
    replied
    Originally posted by SuperHoopNik View Post
    Think the penny has finally dropped with him. Lost 10kg and has completely changed his game. Runs around, defends..dare I say it he's abit of a workhorse haha.
    Well if that's true, and it lasts then the last few years of his career could be very interesting to watch!

Leave a comment:

• Shepherds Mush
    replied
    Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
    #### Luke Freeman? Freeman could and never will hold a candle to Taarabt. A unbelievably talented footballer with no brains off it.
    I was joking!

A fit and focused AT is possibly the only former player (along with Austin) that I would genuinely be excited about returning to Loftus Road should we ever be linked.

Leave a comment:

• 1973 ranger
    replied
    #### Luke Freeman? Freeman could and never will hold a candle to Taarabt. A unbelievably talented footballer with no brains off it.

Leave a comment:

• SuperHoopNik
    replied
    Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
    Doesn't surprise me he's doing well. One of the most naturally gifted footballers that I've ever seen. We all know it won't last though. 6 months tops, and he'll be in the press for the wrong reasons again!
    Think the penny has finally dropped with him. Lost 10kg and has completely changed his game. Runs around, defends..dare I say it he's abit of a workhorse haha.

Leave a comment:

• Shepherds Mush
    replied
    "You're just a sh*t Luke Freeman"

Leave a comment:

• dave58
    replied
    is he back again some just cant move on

Leave a comment:

• davieqpr
    replied
    Hopefully he has got rid of all his family hangers on who keep telling him Barcelona or Madrid are after him.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X