No announcement yet.

Adel Taarabt discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Adel doesn't get his act together soon, he won't have a club to play for. I think we'll sign another outfield player which means it's likely Adel won't make the 25. Harry said we've received no offers for him either, and time is running out. The pressure is now on him. We don't need him.
    Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

• Originally posted by DeepcutHoop View Post
      Just as there are no Adel 'worshippers' as also keeps being thrown around.

There are those who would like him to stay and improve, and there are those who want him gone.

And a whole heap of people assuming a lot about what the other side believes and arguing against that.

It needs resolving soon.
      I refute there is no worshippers. Check geng and f fox posts. They mention their hero in every single thread i think. "welcome vargas'. Then you get, good player but if adel was picked he would be better' etc etc etc etc etc. Its relentless and proper schoolboy crush stuff.

Comment

• Originally posted by Geng View Post
        lol, there is definitely a lot more 'hate' than 'worship' in this thread. I get accused of hero worshipping every time I link to whoscored; people literally say "I hate Adel and wan't him out of my club asap", of course that's hatred.

Obviously individuals all have their own nuances and not everyone is QPRDave or whoever the most vitriolic anti-Adel type is. Just as I'm not rocknroll or stationcafe or stainrodisalegend.

Whoever said Adel behind Remy and Vargas would be amazing is quite right. Adel + Remy was a superb combo, we don't have anyone remotely as good as Adel at playing through balls, and Remy thrives on that sort of service. We could go for the Chile formation, with Remy and Vargas as wide forwards ahead of Adel in the Vidal role - a very advanced central playmaker. Ah well!
        Did you forget about Ale Faurlin's through balls? - And we already are playing the Chile formation.. 3-5-2?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
          I refute there is no worshippers. Check geng and f fox posts. They mention their hero in every single thread i think. "welcome vargas'. Then you get, good player but if adel was picked he would be better' etc etc etc etc etc. Its relentless and proper schoolboy crush stuff.
          YESSS.. thank you Kev.. These two have been doing my nut in!!

Comment

• Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
            Did you forget about Ale Faurlin's through balls? - And we already are playing the Chile formation.. 3-5-2?
            I'm a big Faurlin fanboy but Adel is clearly better at that sort of ball (on the ground, slipped between defenders for a striker to run onto beyond the last man) than Ale or anyone else at the club. Faurlin might be second best, I dunno.

For what it's worth, Adel was 12th in the PL for successful through balls in our relegation season. Between Rooney and Gerrard.

Chile usually played more 343ish, the difference is the forwards provide attacking width. See here, what I had in mind was Remy in for Sanchez and Adel for Vidal: http://www.zonalmarking.net/2014/06/...ttacking-side/

Comment

• Anyone hear harry on talksport this morning? He was asked whether Ballotelli was a good buy for the Scousers. He said something along the lines of
              "I've got Adel at Rangers, he's a triffick player and could of been one of the best, but his attitude is terrible and he is the worst trainer Ive ever seen in my life and guess what he said to me, he said You should see Mario, hes even worse than me in training".

Comment

It's almost all reactive though. On other forums, where Adel isn't nearly as controversial as people have a more accurate view of his ability and the only debates are over his attitude, I would hardly mention him. I'm just here to correct all the flat out wrong stuff about him failing in the PL.

Call it hero worship if you want, but that implies irrationality. I'd say I've backed up all my points pretty well throughout all these debates. Generally the other side just responds with something mindless and dismissive.

Comment

Anyone hear harry on talksport this morning? He was asked whether Ballotelli was a good buy for the Scousers. He said something along the lines of
                  "I've got Adel at Rangers, he's a triffick player and could of been one of the best, but his attitude is terrible and he is the worst trainer Ive ever seen in my life and guess what he said to me, he said You should see Mario, hes even worse than me in training".
                  lol good luck Liverpool

I actually think Balotelli will be an excellent signing for them. For this year, at least. I can see it all going sour in not too long, but that's a hell of a Suarez replacement for £16m. Still got 26 in 37 starts for Milan.

Comment

It's almost all reactive though. On other forums, where Adel isn't nearly as controversial as people have a more accurate view of his ability and the only debates are over his attitude, I would hardly mention him. I'm just here to correct all the flat out wrong stuff about him failing in the PL.

Call it hero worship if you want, but that implies irrationality. I'd say I've backed up all my points pretty well throughout all these debates. Generally the other side just responds with something mindless and dismissive.
                    Bottom line.. people are fed of hearing you go on and on........ and on..... about Adel.

Comment

I'm a big Faurlin fanboy but Adel is clearly better at that sort of ball (on the ground, slipped between defenders for a striker to run onto beyond the last man) than Ale or anyone else at the club. Faurlin might be second best, I dunno.

For what it's worth, Adel was 12th in the PL for successful through balls in our relegation season. Between Rooney and Gerrard.

Chile usually played more 343ish, the difference is the forwards provide attacking width. See here, what I had in mind was Remy in for Sanchez and Adel for Vidal: http://www.zonalmarking.net/2014/06/...ttacking-side/
                      I don't think Adel is 'clearly' the better player at that through ball.. I don't think you should be using any sort of stat from the season we got relegated but you quite clearly like a stat
                      Last edited by West London is Rss; 22-08-2014, 12:16 PM.

Comment

• He can have all the tekkers he wants but if ain't prepaired to get fit and muck in then sell him to brentford.we've done well to change our policy of buying in attitudeso its time to cast him away.
                        PRIDE OF LONDON.

Comment

Not saying he doesn't have fans. The words 'haters' & 'worshippers' are used more as personal slights rather than accurately describing the actual truth of the matter.

Comment

Bottom line.. people are fed of hearing you go on and on........ and on..... about Adel.
                            It only makes people uncomfortable as they tend not to have a decent response to the actual arguments

Comment

It only makes people uncomfortable as they tend not to have a decent response to the actual arguments
                              No Mate your deluded if you think that.. They don't have a decent response because they CANT BE AR3ED TO TALK ABOUT HIM ANYMORE.

Comment

No Mate your deluded if you think that.. They don't have a decent response because they CANT BE AR3ED TO TALK ABOUT HIM ANYMORE.
                                Except Adel keeps getting mentioned, and it certainly isn't all by his 'worshippers'.

Easy to not talk about him. Especially now it's all consigned to one thread tbf.

Comment

Working...
                                X