Adel Taarabt discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
    Nah mate its been dropped from the title cos there are probably some Adel loving sados on here like Furtive who have been PM'ing the mods constantly, asking them to take it out.
    You know what the sad thing is I think your right....
    SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick View Post
      You know what the sad thing is I think your right....
      Somewhere in this thread there is a post from someone actually asking the mods to take it out because they think its harsh!

Comment

• We understand it's a bit of fun but it can get the site in trouble, which is why I removed it.

Comment

• My mother used to say 'when the little head gets hard the big head goes soft'

I think that's what had happened with geng and furtivefox after looking at photos of fat adel back at training

Comment

• Funny how this thread had died out, but still the haters can't stop. I hope he stays because I'm so going to sooo love it if he comes good teasing all the airheads. That's right - a lot of the Adel haters trusted in Hughes. Some of the didn't want Joey back.

Football fans and short memories.....

Comment

• Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
              Funny how this thread had died out, but still the haters can't stop. I hope he stays because I'm so going to sooo love it if he comes good teasing all the airheads. That's right - a lot of the Adel haters trusted in Hughes. Some of the didn't want Joey back.

Huh? I was never a fan of Hughesless, am a devotee of Joey, and a stern critic of Adel..... Where does that place me in your manichean world view of R fans? And, if should Adel come good (the largest ever if), everyone here will be so busy cheering him we won't hear you say 'I told you so'.....

Comment

• Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
                Funny how this thread had died out, but still the haters can't stop. I hope he stays because I'm so going to sooo love it if he comes good teasing all the airheads. That's right - a lot of the Adel haters trusted in Hughes. Some of the didn't want Joey back.

Not sure there are any real Adel haters here. Just a huge amount of disappointment over him wasting all that apparent talent. That's where I sit anyway.
                "I don't read the papers, I don't gamble, I don't even know what day it is." - Steve McClaren.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
                  if should Adel come good (the largest ever if), everyone here will be so busy cheering him we won't hear you say 'I told you so'.....
                  touché!

Comment

• Originally posted by Buffalo View Post
                    Not sure there are any real Adel haters here. Just a huge amount of disappointment over him wasting all that apparent talent. That's where I sit anyway.
                    That's about the size of it.
                    Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

• Maybe if Remy does go it will spur Adel on to try and plug the gap. Now nobody in England wants him he has nothing to lose so might as well go for it. Or he could hope to slink off to an inferior league abroad and give up on trying to make in the top league.

Comment

• Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
                        Maybe if Remy does go it will spur Adel on to try and plug the gap. Now nobody in England wants him he has nothing to lose so might as well go for it. Or he could hope to slink off to an inferior league abroad and give up on trying to make in the top league.
                        Yeah it's a shame but I do think the most likely outcome for Adel is he'll end up in a 2nd tier league before he's out of his mid 20s - Turkey, Portugal, Netherlands, that sort of thing - running rings around league 1 defenders and playing four competitive matches a year. He'll get settled somewhere and become a club legend as by that point it'll be too late for him to rejoin a top league.

Comment

• It is a shame. A fit and motivated Adel playing behind Remy and Vargas could be pretty special.

It's a cliché but don't think the haters will realize what we have lost until after he has gone.

Comment

• Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
                            It is a shame. A fit and motivated Adel playing behind Remy and Vargas could be pretty special.

It's a cliché but don't think the haters will realize what we have lost until after he has gone.
                            There is no 'Haters' of Adel.. Fans thinking its time for him to move on does not mean fans hate him.

Comment

• Originally posted by QPR Richard View Post
                              That's about the size of it.
                              Just as there are no Adel 'worshippers' as also keeps being thrown around.

There are those who would like him to stay and improve, and there are those who want him gone.

And a whole heap of people assuming a lot about what the other side believes and arguing against that.

It needs resolving soon.

Comment

• lol, there is definitely a lot more 'hate' than 'worship' in this thread. I get accused of hero worshipping every time I link to whoscored; people literally say "I hate Adel and wan't him out of my club asap", of course that's hatred.

Obviously individuals all have their own nuances and not everyone is QPRDave or whoever the most vitriolic anti-Adel type is. Just as I'm not rocknroll or stationcafe or stainrodisalegend.

Whoever said Adel behind Remy and Vargas would be amazing is quite right. Adel + Remy was a superb combo, we don't have anyone remotely as good as Adel at playing through balls, and Remy thrives on that sort of service. We could go for the Chile formation, with Remy and Vargas as wide forwards ahead of Adel in the Vidal role - a very advanced central playmaker. Ah well!

Comment

Working...
                                X