Adel Taarabt discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Geng View Post
    What's your point? Steven Caulker doesn't look too good compared to Mats Hummels either.

I would love to see any of the people who have spent the past 19 pages ranting about how useless Adel was in the PL actually engage with some of my posts with evidence. Give it a try!
    You are absolutely right, mate. Blow me down, what a mistake I've made. Gawd blimey, what was I thinking? I've certainly seen the error of my ways. He's mustard is Adel. Gotta be the first name in the team sheet.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick View Post
      Ok that's fair enough but also crosses don't have to be creative, they can also be key when getting your team out of trouble (not an assist) in a defensive position, still a big part of the game... but all this is well and good but when it comes down to it does Adel even want to play for us? Because his weight when he returned from pre season tells me otherwise and there's his attitude problems. Ok HBA has attitude problems but he's not played for us so he could be different when he's here, just like Morrison was.
      As I've said a zillion times, I don't dispute Adel has a poor attitude.

I'm just trying to make the point to people with flat learning curves and dim memories (hi) that Adel didn't remotely "fail" in the PL, unless you hold him to some sort of ridiculously high "would David Silva be happy with this season?" sort of standard. And I think that has now been demonstrated ad nausem with stuff like facts, evidence and arguments.

You can't just go round making a statement - and throwing out entirely unearned condescension towards people who disagree - and then, when proven wrong, change the topic back to something we all agreed on in the first place.

The anti Adel types always stretch their point from

- he has a poor attitude, he doesn't want to play for us, we're better off without him

into

- he failed in the PL, had no end product, poor player

The latter is easily and regularly disproved, at which point everyone resorts back to the former. It happens all the time.

I think the jump between the two arguments happens because it's more comforting if a guy you hate who you feel has let you down turns out not to have been any good anyway

Comment

• Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
        You are absolutely right, mate. Blow me down, what a mistake I've made. Gawd blimey, what was I thinking? I've certainly seen the error of my ways. He's mustard is Adel. Gotta be the first name in the team sheet.
        Well you sure made a great case there for why I'm wrong

Comment

Well you sure made a great case there for why I'm wrong
          Geng you wrong....never
          I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

• I think Geng may well be Adel, his agent, or some sort of Adel stalker fangirl type person.
            Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
            Pawel Wszolek - 6
            Luke Freeman - 6
            Matt Smith - 6
            Ebere Eze - 4
            Joel Lynch - 3
            Tomer Hemed - 3
            Toni Leistner - 2
            Massimo Luongo- 2
            Angel Rangel - 2
            Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
            Geoff Cameron - 1
            Aramide Oteh - 1
            Jake Bidwell - 1
            Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

As I've said a zillion times, I don't dispute Adel has a poor attitude.

I'm just trying to make the point to people with flat learning curves and dim memories (hi) that Adel didn't remotely "fail" in the PL, unless you hold him to some sort of ridiculously high "would David Silva be happy with this season?" sort of standard. And I think that has now been demonstrated ad nausem with stuff like facts, evidence and arguments.

You can't just go round making a statement - and throwing out entirely unearned condescension towards people who disagree - and then, when proven wrong, change the topic back to something we all agreed on in the first place.

The anti Adel types always stretch their point from

- he has a poor attitude, he doesn't want to play for us, we're better off without him

into

- he failed in the PL, had no end product, poor player

The latter is easily and regularly disproved, at which point everyone resorts back to the former. It happens all the time.

I think the jump between the two arguments happens because it's more comforting if a guy you hate who you feel has let you down turns out not to have been any good anyway
              Geng IVE NOT ONCE SAID THAT HE HAS FAILED IN THE PREMIERSHIP OR HAVE I QUESTIONED HIS END PRODUCT. MY ARGUMENT IS 'AND ALWAYS HAS BEEN' HIS ATTITUDE AND HIS UNWILLINGNESS TO PLAY FOR US!!!!

I was having a 'separate' conversation with stationcafe on stats BUT as for my reasons why I don't want Adel here, its really plain and simple- his attitude and IMO him not wanting to play for us!!!!..... now surely you can get you head around this, or shall we just wait for another smart ar$e response....
              SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
                I think Geng may well be Adel, his agent, or some sort of Adel stalker fangirl type person.
                Naw. Geng gives a s hit. He can't be Adel.

Comment

• God this is getting boring... Move on like your hero Adel has...

Comment

• Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
                    Naw. Geng gives a s hit. He can't be Adel.
                    Good point, well presented.
                    Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                    Pawel Wszolek - 6
                    Luke Freeman - 6
                    Matt Smith - 6
                    Ebere Eze - 4
                    Joel Lynch - 3
                    Tomer Hemed - 3
                    Toni Leistner - 2
                    Massimo Luongo- 2
                    Angel Rangel - 2
                    Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                    Geoff Cameron - 1
                    Aramide Oteh - 1
                    Jake Bidwell - 1
                    Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

• cant believe a one season 'wonder' not wanted by any club he has been at for more than five minutes gets this exposure..........not a patch on the likes of sinton,sinclair,impey
                      ,rowly yet treated like some sort of massiah by some when it really isnt deserved in any way shape or form.....the sooner he is gone for good the better!
                      you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

• Saw the one we mustn't mention 'kiss the badge' in the new video of the LR training session.....

Comment

• Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
                          I think Geng may well be Adel, his agent, or some sort of Adel stalker fangirl type person.
                          Fanboy

Comment

• I really think the 'Sponsored by KFC' should be removed. There are many millions of people in this country fighting obesity and as one of those Adel needs help not ridicule.

Also just because not a single manager in the top flight wants him for next to nothing doesn't mean he isn't one of the top players in the world. Geng is right. He has proved himself to be a top player. It is their loss.

Don't let the bullies beat you Adel. There is a place for chubby people in professional football.

Comment

What's your point? Steven Caulker doesn't look too good compared to Mats Hummels either.

I would love to see any of the people who have spent the past 19 pages ranting about how useless Adel was in the PL actually engage with some of my posts with evidence. Give it a try!
                              My point is we are comparing Adel against a player we aren't even linked with, so I've put another player we aren't even linked with that you would probably try and pointlessly prove that Adel is better than.

Comment

• Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
                                I really think the 'Sponsored by KFC' should be removed. There are many millions of people in this country fighting obesity and as one of those Adel needs help not ridicule.

Also just because not a single manager in the top flight wants him for next to nothing doesn't mean he isn't one of the top players in the world. Geng is right. He has proved himself to be a top player. It is their loss.

Don't let the bullies beat you Adel. There is a place for chubby people in professional football.
                                Haha!

Comment

Working...
                                X