X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WeAreQPR12
    replied
    Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
    As opposed to morrison, who didn't do anything for us at this level did he?
    Do you seriously think Nasser that Morrison could take the pi ss out of championship players and have the same effect as adel would? I don't want to argue with you and I hope we can get along but I am astounded that you think Morrison was on par. Not talking about just goals I am talking about creativity and class

Leave a comment:

• nasser95
    replied
    Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
    I'd have him over Morrison all day long, proven at this level and miles more to his game than chery
    As opposed to morrison, who didn't do anything for us at this level did he?

Leave a comment:

• WeAreQPR12
    replied
    I'd have him over Morrison all day long, proven at this level and miles more to his game than chery

Leave a comment:

• Chopper
    replied
    Pay as you play contract pleeeeaaassse

Leave a comment:

• Shania
    replied
    I think we should give him a last chance to rescue his career. He has given us so many great memories.

Leave a comment:

• Stanley
    replied
    Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post
    Feeling sorry for him ?
    Do you?

I don't. Give me a good reason why I should?

Leave a comment:

• LoftusRoadLad
    replied
    Feeling sorry for him ?

http://talksport.com/football/adel-t...ay-club-again?

Leave a comment:

• nasser95
    replied
    Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
    Clearly the problem originates with the player. But once he's on the books the problem becomes the club's problem. You can either throw up your hands in despair - which begs the question as to why he was sought out in the first place - or try and find a way around it and turn the problem into an asset. It's that simple. I don't think Harry had a clue as to how to get the best out of him, although to be fair to Harry at the time we had a well salaried sports psychologist swanning around somewhere. Same applies to Samba. If NW could get it right re Adel, it is not illogical to assume that other management teams could do the same.

From a spectator PoV, I would say we haven't been worth the entrance money since those heady days but that's another story.
    NW got it right for one season and Adel played with something to prove that season. As soon as we got into the prem, Adel got even too big for NW to handle after the PSG speculation. If you have to make every lunatic a captain to get them performing, you'd lose all your leaders.

Leave a comment:

• Fraggy
    replied
    Originally posted by peterlund.dk View Post
    There's only one thing in this picture, that isn't off-pudding.
    The Skoda?

Leave a comment:

• hal9thou
    replied
    Originally posted by Stanley View Post
    Would it not therefore be logical to assume that the problem lies with the player and not the lack of the right manager?.
    Clearly the problem originates with the player. But once he's on the books the problem becomes the club's problem. You can either throw up your hands in despair - which begs the question as to why he was sought out in the first place - or try and find a way around it and turn the problem into an asset. It's that simple. I don't think Harry had a clue as to how to get the best out of him, although to be fair to Harry at the time we had a well salaried sports psychologist swanning around somewhere. Same applies to Samba. If NW could get it right re Adel, it is not illogical to assume that other management teams could do the same.

From a spectator PoV, I would say we haven't been worth the entrance money since those heady days but that's another story.

Leave a comment:

• 72bus
    replied
    as ian dury once penned " what a waste "

Leave a comment:

• West Acton
    replied
    Rangers fans who keep hanging out he arris need to grow up stop defending him and accept he's a lazy #### and don't give a toss
    Last edited by West Acton; 08-07-2016, 03:00 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Johnnykc
    replied
    All this chatter about whose fault it is and why Adel has massively underachieved..........NOT ONE WORD about that jacket he's got on......

Leave a comment:

• Stanley
    replied
    without the right gaffer Adel is just lost.
    Which begs the question which gaffer in your opinion would get the best out of him?

So far in his career only one has managed to do so. Would it not therefore be logical to assume that the problem lies with the player and not the lack of the right manager?

Just as one example, Bowles was a maverick in a similar mould, but you listen to any manager or team-mate he worked with and they all stress that he worked his socks off in training and was always super-fit.

You're an intelligent man Hal but I would suggest this completely disproves your oft repeated view and I'd recommend its reappraisal.

Leave a comment:

• Tarbie
    replied
    Awful man management. Just dire. 19th century.

Sooner have AT back than Harry, but without the right gaffer Adel is just lost. Back in the day I can imagine someone like El Tel getting a decent tune out of him, in fact Adel is a bit of throwback himself to the just turn up and play days.
    Do me a favour.

The lazy bar steward would rather sit on his fat behind, stuffing his face and smoking shisha than put in a shift. He's never fit, he's always sulking and he's constantly underachieved throughout his career. It's beyond me why people are always looking for an excuse for him or trying to shift blame onto poor management or some other reason.

Fact is there has only been 1 season where a manager has managed to get the best out of Adel. Now, it's also a fact that Warnock only just managed to keep him on the straight and narrow long enough to get us promoted that season. If you don't believe me then read his book. The reason he never started against Leeds on the last day was because half hour before kick off nobody knew where he was.

Stop looking for excuses and call it what it is. Adel is where he is because he has a terrible attitude towards his career. End of!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X