Adel Taarabt discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Stanley76 View Post
    Why do you keep saying this like you know it for a FACT?

Where is your actual evidence for it?
    Apologies.. refusing to get fit for Redknapp is what is being said.
    Wally Downes Jnr

Comment

• Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
      Apologies.. refusing to get fit for Redknapp is what is being said.
      Wally Downes Jnr
      Wally Downes Jnr posted up a youtube clip of Adel training alone. He took it when he attended Harry's press conference at Harlington. But how can he then conclude from that clip that Adel is "refusing to get fit"?

At that same press conference Harry is quoted as saying Adel needs 2 weeks of physical training to be up to speed with the rest of the squad.

Comment

• Originally posted by West Acton View Post
        Remember when we went down and he got loaned to Fulham all his followers were saying we should be begging him to stay and play in the championship because without him we would be unable to get up. Apparently we were also only promoted last time because of him

Well that myth has now been put well and truely to bed
        My view is that whilst not solely responsible for us winning the league, there is no way we would have done so without him so credit where it's due. Likewise, although we went up in the most memorable fashion possible in the end, I think that if a fully motivated Adel was part of last seasons group, we would have comfortably won it again.

No doubt the problem lies with a mixture of issues such as his general attitude of thinking he has made it already, his inability to get on professionally with Harry, etc.

I think that HR didn't help himself in the season we were relegated, with either his apparent inability or unwillingness to try to get the best out of the player. I think he should have done far better in that regard. However, that is in the past now and we need to move forward. Harry is our manager, seems to be rejuvenated this season and keen to keep at it with us for a couple of years at least. Therefore, I think it best for all concerned if Adel were to leave, if he is unable to give 100%, has issues with the manager or is simply unhappy here.

I doubt if many can argue that his seemingly appalling attitude is the reason he hasn't progressed as he should have. Which is a shame, because he is by far the most talented and entertaining player we have had for many, many years.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stanley76 View Post
          Wally Downes Jnr posted up a youtube clip of Adel training alone. He took it when he attended Harry's press conference at Harlington. But how can he then conclude from that clip that Adel is "refusing to get fit"?

At that same press conference Harry is quoted as saying Adel needs 2 weeks of physical training to be up to speed with the rest of the squad.
          Who knows how he knows but he must know something to say that

I think the transfer window shuts in 2 weeks does it not?.. How ironic of Harry to say that...
          His come back un-fit, he wants to leave, he doesn't want to get fit in a hurry by all accounts otherwise he would be doing double sessions.
          That's enough for me

Comment

He's just another hack trying to make a name for himself, which he does by posting something a little 'sensational' along with a youtube clip. Journalists, in the main, can lack integrity because they always seek to get a scoop and make a headline, and will therefore have ulterior motives.

Harry's quotes on Adel make more sense to me.

Comment

• Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
              We played awful football much of last season but hung on in there amid significant change. Wasn't overly convinced but fair play for seemingly changing dressing room. We did scrape up and pre-season has been about evolution as opposed to revolution so for me now is the time for 'Arry to show us what HIS team can do.
              I think there's a lot of revisionism re team spirit last season, based on the fact we went up. I didn't see this famed team spirit at Charlton, or Wednesday away. I didn't see it when we let random small town teams overrun us constantly in the second half of the season. We seemed to have great team spirit for about four matches at the end of the season. And if players can't motivate themselves for the play-offs they have some serious problems.

As I've said numerous times before, Richard Keogh smashes it into row Z and WATRBs would have spent the summer pining for Adel and moaning at our overpaid wasters for only finishing 4th.

Comment

I think the transfer window shuts in 2 weeks does it not?.. How ironic of Harry to say that...
                His come back un-fit, he wants to leave, he doesn't want to get fit in a hurry by all accounts otherwise he would be doing double sessions.
                That's enough for me
                You're assuming way too much. We all knew Arry doesn't like Adel and was likely to freeze him out. We've already established that the guy ********s to get his way, is it inconceivable that he is doing the same now? As for Wally Downes he's Arry's mate - would you ******** if it helped your mate? Cos I probably would.

It's naivety to constantly believe a proven lier.

Comment

That's enough for me
                  lol, you're taking the title of a youtube clip as gospel?

That clip shows Adel kicking a ball around by himself for about 30 seconds. I've worked hard in the office today but someone could easily have made a clip of me picking my nose for 30 seconds at some point and titled it "lazy waster Geng". I don't doubt Adel wants away - I wouldn't waste such talent on you either - but you simply can't draw those conclusions from such a short clip and an attention seeking headline.

Comment

• Originally posted by Geng View Post
                    I think there's a lot of revisionism re team spirit last season, based on the fact we went up. I didn't see this famed team spirit at Charlton, or Wednesday away. I didn't see it when we let random small town teams overrun us constantly in the second half of the season. We seemed to have great team spirit for about four matches at the end of the season. And if players can't motivate themselves for the play-offs they have some serious problems.

As I've said numerous times before, Richard Keogh smashes it into row Z and WATRBs would have spent the summer pining for Adel and moaning at our overpaid wasters for only finishing 4th.
                    I'd agree it took a while for the team spirit thing to kick in. We were solid but very limited for much of the season but in terms of digging in for me it started to gel in the last three months. We were still uninspiring at times and lacked creativity but dug in.

I may be in a minority but had we not gone up I would have been happy enough with squad overhaul since the end of the previous season and chance to build further. As for pining for Adel dream on. Done nothing much in three years and based on his one good season unless he would have been absolute centre of attention it just wouldn't have worked. We need to build a team and that means more than one player.

Comment

• Ok Long live Adel..

This has just proven new heights to me that he can literally do whatever he wants and Rangers fans will still love him.. Pathetic if you ask me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Geng View Post

Well I am SO sorry that we won in that play-off final.. We went up, the team spirit was great.

Stop living in the past.. and do me a favour and read HR's book. Then come back to me with your opinion on him. You come across like a negative "person' [edit] on here mate.
                        You need to cheer up and look forward not in the past.

Comment

Well I am SO sorry that we won in that play-off final.. We went up, the team spirit was great.

Stop living in the past.. and do me a favour and read HR's book. Then come back to me with your opinion on him. You come across like a negative "person" [edit] on here mate.
                          You need to cheer up and look forward not in the past.
                          No need for the insults.
                          Minds Are Like Parachutes.
                          Work Best When Open...
                          @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

• Originally posted by Fraggy View Post
                            No need for the insults.
                            oh my days.. really? insult?

Comment

oh my days.. really? insult?
                              Have you forgotten what you called Geng?
                              Minds Are Like Parachutes.
                              Work Best When Open...
                              @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

• Originally posted by Fraggy View Post
                                Have you forgotten what you called Geng?
                                Worse things have been said on here without getting 'told off' for it.. plus he is being a negative a3se about it, read his posts.
                                Its pathetic if that insults him or anyone else on a football forum. Go to Loftus road and you hear worse language than that. This is a forum, not a school.

Comment

Working...
                                X