Adel Taarabt discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport...arabt-13795848

He needs to remember that we QPR gave him a platform to show his skills when nobody wanted him. Assole.

Comment

• Aside from the headline, some interesting quotes:

"At the start of my career, I would rely solely on talent. I didn’t believe in hard work or playing for the team. I wanted to win my way. Now I have realised that football is a collective sport, that to be a complete player, you must be willing to sacrifice yourself. Putting on weight has always been an issue for me. When I was young and single, I could go out with my friends to restaurants. You can’t do that at 28, you need to change your lifestyle, and that’s what I did.

I rediscovered my love for football and for myself. I am crazy about this sport and watch every game I can. My idol is Zinedine Zidane and now I play closer to the goal, in the role he had. I thought I could never get back to my best, but with this new physical form, I can start winning again and playing well with Genoa.”

And at least he's backing the rhetoric up with performances now.

Comment

• I can understand him not wanting to come back to a manager who clearly never liked him from his Tottenham days. I think even if Adel was still the same player as the promotion seaon in training he still wouldn't get gametime. He must have been devastated when he saw Redknapp get the job. But having said that Adel owed it to himself to stay fit and keep going. I also think he probably suffers with depression and finds it hard to get motivated.
        Ironically he is playing right now against AC Milan.

Comment

• Without question one of the three most naturally gifted individuals in my time watching the club (ie far too long).

Comment

• the bloke has wasted his best years , saw him a few weeks back make a reckless tackle and get sent off . he'll look back in his old age and his trophy cabinet will be bare

Comment

• Genoa v Sampdoria

409 BT sport, you know who

Comment

• Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
                Without question one of the three most naturally gifted individuals in my time watching the club (ie far too long).
                Adel is coming back.......the new lean version

Would you have him ?

Just asking

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill View Post

Would you have him ?

Just asking
                  Yep

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post
                    Yep
                    Glad you said that Jimmy so would i

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill View Post

Would you have him ?

Just asking
                      With his new attitude, absolutely without question.
                      Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                      Pawel Wszolek - 6
                      Luke Freeman - 6
                      Matt Smith - 6
                      Ebere Eze - 4
                      Joel Lynch - 3
                      Tomer Hemed - 3
                      Toni Leistner - 2
                      Massimo Luongo- 2
                      Angel Rangel - 2
                      Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                      Geoff Cameron - 1
                      Aramide Oteh - 1
                      Jake Bidwell - 1
                      Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

• So would a lot of other teams.

Comment

• Playing in serie a so would hardly drop down to championship. I know people think he's wasted his career but it hasn't dropped that much
                          I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
                            With his new attitude, absolutely without question.
                            I believe he stopped playing for Morroco but as they have qualified
                            for 2018 WC we could see him there,new attitude as well

Comment

• Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                              Playing in serie a so would hardly drop down to championship. I know people think he's wasted his career but it hasn't dropped that much
                              It's hardly been brilliant since he left us. I would go to say it's been a shocking waste of a brilliant talent. However, I would love to see him carry on his very recent form.

Comment

• Some things don't change though, he's beyond us now and in any way you want to take it, always will be.

Speaking to TMW, Ludovic Fattizzo was asked about the future of Taarabt: “The person has changed, he’s realised that he has made a lot of mistakes in the past and he’s been able to exploit the great opportunity that Genoa has given him.

“He’s lost several pounds but now, after so much work, sweat is sacrifice, is again ready for the big football In England we will not be back, this is sure, but I promised to help him find him a great team for not season. Not in January, but I mean in the next campaign.”

Embed from Getty Images

Genoa have helped to kickstart Taarabt’s career after taking him on loan from Benfica, but it seems the player and his agent already have their eye on a bigger deal, after a short run of good form.

Rather than already looking at the next big contract, if Taarabt and his agent had learned anything then surely they’d be keen to go at least get two thirds of the way through the season before talking about great teams and big football for next season.

The former QPR player has rarely played since leaving the West London club in 2015, and after just 15 league games for the Serie A side, Fattizzo is already talking up another move for Taarabt.

Comment

Working...
                                X