Austin, Ings & Nugent Who will adjust the best

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Austin, Ings & Nugent Who will adjust the best

The top strikers in the Championship who scored for fun but dot they have it in them to make the step up.

For me Charlie will get his share of goals and fancy Ings to do ok as well. Nugent for me failed before in the top flight and I think he lacks pace and power for this league so of the three think he will struggle.

I think between Austin and Ings they will get 20+ goals

If Charlie gets 20+ I will be over the moon, would probably mean we stay up
    I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Nugent has experience,
      Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

Originally posted by Hertford Hoop View Post
        If Charlie gets 20+ I will be over the moon, would probably mean we stay up
        To clarify meant 20+ between them

Nugent just don't strike me as a top flight striker he was very poor at Portsmouth

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post

Nugent just don't strike me as a top flight striker he was very poor at Portsmouth
          Oh, still hope CA will notch up close to 20, possibly 15 or 16 fingers crossed, Nugent is one of those players who will either flop badly or score a hat full. Ings, did brilliant last year but doubt he will continue with that form. If we can get the service to the front guys I fancy CA to be highest out of your 3 mentioned
          I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Charlie and Nugent are great goalscorers l, but Ings is the best footballer by far

Comment

Austin will be more of an old fashioned centre forward, seems to have lost some of his pace from his days at Burnley due to bulking up a bit? I don't know, but his positioning, finishing and heading is top quality, can see him making the step up easily. Ings has bags of pace, england U21 international and also has an eye for goal but some of the goals he scored last season..cannot see him doing that vs Prem defences. Nugent has experience, but best years are behind him.

Not being biased but I reckon Austin will adjust better than Ings.
              "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

Comment

IIRC Nugent scored a lot of his goals from the penalty spot & can't see LCFC getting the amount of pens in PL as they got last season. CA & Ings would be my bet & it will probably boil down to which team creates the most chances. Hopefully we will make the better signings in this window & the next which should see CA come out on top.

Comment

Nugent over Ings and Austin

Comment

Originally posted by twranger View Post
                    Nugent over Ings and Austin
                    Do tell why??

Comment

Charlie will do well if he gets 12 + I think its a great season for him.

Comment

Ings is the better footballer. Much more than a goalscorer.

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post

It made perfect sense the first time as you correctly prefixed your statement with "Between them"... They were deliberately misunderstanding what you said to pull ya leviathan big fella....

I have a horrible feeling that Charlie is going to struggle.... Not entirely sure what am basing this on exactly, it's probably because of his two Wembley appearances have been a little ordinary maybe... For Swindon he seemed to freeze and missed a good chance against Millwall in the L1 PO final a few seasons ago... I was at this match as I have daughters in Swindon and was right behind the goal in line with it... Good and very good strikers would have got the ball on target and either scored or the GK would of saved it... In super slow mo the ball did appear to bobble a bit but he wasn't great and he was scoring for fun before the final.... He fluffed his lines at Wembley for us and screwed a decent chance wide so, maybe he's just not up to it when the pressure is really on.... So hope am wrong and this is partly why I wouldn't mind if we signed Eto'o as he could learn a lot from someone like him....
                          Last edited by BuffooneRy; 24-07-2014, 10:04 PM.

Comment

I honestly think Burnley will struggle in the prem with limited investment so think the chances for Ings will be serverly restricted and he'll not get too many as a result. Not a fan of Nugent as flatters to deceive and was major flop in prem before and I think he lacks that guile needed agaisn top defenders to win his battle.

AS for Super Charlie.... Jury is out, but I think if we can have some creativity in our side he will score if given chances.

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
                              Charlie will do well if he gets 12 + I think its a great season for him.
                              I agree with this maidstone. Let's not put pressure on Charlie with unrealistic expectations. He is not going to be able to carry the scoring load on his own the way he did last season.

As an aside, didn't he get a bunch of his goals from the spot last season? I doubt we'll get as many pens this season (better defenders).
                              'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

Working...
                              X