What to hope for should we establish ourselves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to hope for should we establish ourselves

I know the first season hasn't kicked off yet, this kind of talk is likely premature BUT:

If we survive the tough 1st season back and the even tougher (IMO) second season back, would we have realistic aspirations of nicking the league cup or FA cup and sneaking into the Europa league? Or would we be contempt to do a 'Stoke' and merely co-exist with other premier league teams?

Nothing will top that day at wembley, but to go and see is play competitively abroad, now that would be a treat!

Getting ahead of myself for sure, let's get season one out of the way!
    QPR, remember that name, you'll be cursing it later

I'd take mid table all day long, for years!

Comment

Europa league for a club like us would be a potential problem and jeopardise our league form, and status. The Europa league is worth nothing by comparison of Prem survival. If andwhen we were to get very well established, say 5 years then maybe we'd have the squad to sustain it but not bothered until then.

The risk is, with the Champions league dominating and the chances of those teams going far in the cups, you could end up with losing finalists or even losing semi finalists gettign in the Europa, which is stupid. You should only get in it via the cups if you win them. If the winning team is already in the champions league, that spot should defer to the next highest league placed team.

Comment

Mid-table playing attractive football....... Like we used to.

Realistic and achievable.

Comment

Originally posted by Del View Post
          Europa league for a club like us would be a potential problem and jeopardise our league form, and status. The Europa league is worth nothing by comparison of Prem survival. If andwhen we were to get very well established, say 5 years then maybe we'd have the squad to sustain it but not bothered until then.

The risk is, with the Champions league dominating and the chances of those teams going far in the cups, you could end up with losing finalists or even losing semi finalists gettign in the Europa, which is stupid. You should only get in it via the cups if you win them. If the winning team is already in the champions league, that spot should defer to the next highest league placed team.
          The only thing a club like us can aspire to is winning a cup or getting into Europe which for me seeing Rangers in Europe would be a dream come true

I would be happy with mid table ( with occasional cup run ) producing our own players and playing decent football
          We Are The People.....

Comment

1st season in the premiership, lets just concentrate on staying their!
            SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Working...
            X