One Simple Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One Simple Question

If fans are happy with the style of football and believe Paulo Sousa will get us promoted next season, why are season ticket renewals at an all time low?

I'd be hard pressed to have to watch 23 games under Paulo Sousa even if the club sold season tickets at £200.

sorry, but thats the way i feel

Because, firstly, not all fans are crazy about him due to the recent poor results, secondly, we do not have a frigging clue if he is going to be there to get us promoted and, thirdly, we do not have a frigging clue if he is going to be given enough money to buy any player who can help lift this team.
    Banning people is no longer my hobby,
    but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
    http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

yeah

i agree with you the football is boring dross
      theres no thought about free kicks and corners because he dosnt know to organise anything
      he a joke
      its a shame
      but hopedfully flav will get upset then goodbye sousa

Comment

The renewals are low because since this time last year many of our fans have lost their jobs and can no longer afford it. Some struggled to pay this season but did thinking that their money was going towards new signings and the money would be worth the extra.

Comment

when

when sousa dropped dexter he destroyed the whole team
          now confidence is non existant theyve run out of steam
          corners are a waste of time as are free kicks
          because knowone is showing these players any new tricks

the reason why renewals are low is not because people are poorer
          it is because knowone on planet earth drops there top scorer
          what a shame we all wasted all our time watching for the scores
          but an even bigger shame that some people had to watch these bores

Comment

sirpiechecker,

I love your loyalty, fact remains at the moment if the club said I could have a 50% reduction and pay £300 instead of £600, I would not pay it. I'd rather watch my goldfish swim around his goldfish bowl.

Comment

no chance of a 50% reduction anyhow. I think there will be a slight increase in prices and i still think attendances will be on a par next season as this one.

Comment

Well, if its going to much more of the same and boring to watch, you can count me out.

Comment

Originally posted by sirpiechucker View Post
                  The renewals are low because since this time last year many of our fans have lost their jobs and can no longer afford it. Some struggled to pay this season but did thinking that their money was going towards new signings and the money would be worth the extra.

Renewals are lower because fan's refuse to be taken the pee out off, has been said many a time" Premiership prices for Championship footy".

Comment

Originally posted by BigShark View Post
                    sirpiechecker,

I love your loyalty, fact remains at the moment if the club said I could have a 50% reduction and pay £300 instead of £600, I would not pay it. I'd rather watch my goldfish swim around his goldfish bowl.

It has nothing to do with loyalty to Sousa or the club we are in the middle of a recession where people are losing their jobs every day and no longer have disposable incomes which are large enough to warrant spending on football.

Attendances across the country are in decline even at clubs who are having more success then we are.

Comment

I think people are not renewing because our club don't want to bring strikers in and we're not getting value for money! Any manager including Di Canio would struggle to get this squad playing well! But under Sousa our defence is superb!
                      First game: Arsenal vs Queen's Park Rangers at Highbury, Saturday 17th November 1984.

Comment

our defence is superb, so why do you boo them at the end of every match?

Comment

anyone who even pays a tenner to watch that dross is being mugged off.

Comment

Originally posted by dexterforengland View Post
                            when sousa dropped dexter he destroyed the whole team
                            now confidence is non existant theyve run out of steam
                            corners are a waste of time as are free kicks
                            because knowone is showing these players any new tricks

the reason why renewals are low is not because people are poorer
                            it is because knowone on planet earth drops there top scorer
                            what a shame we all wasted all our time watching for the scores
                            but an even bigger shame that some people had to watch these bores
                            Free kicks are a waste of time? I must have imagined Leigertwood scoring from a Lopez free kick and Lopez himself scoring a screamer from a free kick recentley then? Corners are down to the players. Sousa cant take the corners himself can he? The fact the likes of Gorkss and Stewart arent scoring from corners is down to the poor delivery. We could have some excellent new ideas for corners and free kicks all we like, if our players cant beat the first man from a cross though theres no point!

Players confidence at an all time low? we've just won 7 points from a possible 9!

And you do drop a player if he's playing crap and not scoring. Dexter had a good start to the season goal wise but in his last 10 or so games before being farmed out he wasnt scoring and playing abysmally in the process. Dexter was dropped and not only did we start scoring, but we played better football too.

Im beginning to think it really is only the fact we arent playing like "Brazil" anymore that people are getting the ump. We all know about the lack of goals and blah blah blah 1 up front doesnt work, but even when we are winning and drawing games, "non attractive football" and "boring" always seem to crop up in the posts by the moaning fans on here.

For me, many peoples complaints on here should lie with the players rather than Sousa. It's not Sousa's fault Di carmine and Taraabt didnt bury their chances against Palace now is it?

For Gods sake all these anti Sousa threads whilst we are on a mini unbeaten run getting 7 points from 9, of which, 6 of them came from teams above us. I'll be sure to stay away from the board when we lose a game as I cant for the life of me predict just how much worse things will get on here...
                            Will change my user name to half full when QPR give me reason too...

Comment

Originally posted by BigShark View Post
                              anyone who even pays a tenner to watch that dross is being mugged off.
                              When was the football any better?

We had a purple patch under De Canio that lasted a couple of months but as soon as we lost Vine and Buzsacky the football wasnt great.

Or are you remembering the times of watching the ball being hoofed into the channels like it was for many seasons under Holloway?

Gotta love the fact that when we were near the playoffs the low season ticket sales was due to people protesting against the prices and frankly laughable early bird scheme, now our season is finished low season ticket take up is down to Sousa

Comment

Working...
                              X