Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

clint hill......qpr 'legend' or cult hero???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's the WRTRB at it's best and why I love to sit back and sometimes read. Just when I thought I had my answer I see another cracking/alternate view. I'm gonna sit back on this one but wanted to say great thread and replies. All part of my education.

Never too old to learn.

Comment

Clint plays for the shirt,legend in my eyes.Derry was the same,players that put themselves at danger like low headers out prove to me they want to win.not like your adels that pull out of a header when standing in the wall v Wigan last relegation. Clint hill has been and always will be up there not for his wegerle moments but 100% heart.love that man!!!
      Ooh northern lads love gravy

Comment

another fantastic addition by vanny there!
        you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by vanhoop View Post
          Clint plays for the shirt,legend in my eyes.Derry was the same,players that put themselves at danger like low headers out prove to me they want to win.not like your adels that pull out of a header when standing in the wall v Wigan last relegation. Clint hill has been and always will be up there not for his wegerle moments but 100% heart.love that man!!!
          Wegerle moment. So talking vs Leeds here. Had posters of this long manned stallion on my wall. Just another reason why I'm enjoying reading this thread and people knowing what they're talking about.

and along with most, other stand up points too. Nice one.

Comment

I can see why some people think he's a legend. Here's a slightly different angle.

He loves his job and gets very well paid to do that job. He cares about the club and tries very hard to do his job to the best of his ability.

The fact that we have recently employed lots of mercenary cants, who did't care a hoot, has made Clint look even better and highlighted that he is what we want and not the other types.

The truth and the reality is that he gives his all and if we had fielded 11 players with his attitude, we wouldn't have gone down in the first place.

IMO I don't think he's a legend for the above reasons. He's a good HONEST bloke that tries hard.

Comment

Originally posted by Busheyboy View Post
              I can see why some people think he's a legend. Here's a slightly different angle.

He loves his job and gets very well paid to do that job. He cares about the club and tries very hard to do his job to the best of his ability.

The fact that we have recently employed lots of mercenary cants, who did't care a hoot, has made Clint look even better and highlighted that he is what we want and not the other types.

The truth and the reality is that he gives his all and if we had fielded 11 players with his attitude, we wouldn't have gone down in the first place.

IMO I don't think he's a legend for the above reasons. He's a good HONEST bloke that tries hard.
              What you've said is true and these types of honest, hard working player's who will give their all for the club they are playing for are very rarely to come across (especially at qpr) and that's actually one of the reasons why he's a legend.... because we've not had many like that and who have won 2 promotions as well of course.
              SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

well i started thinking that clint hill to me was not a legend just because all the players i consider as real rangers legends were really great footballers, but i must say having read through the various posts ive changed my mind! clint is a true honest footballer , who trys his hardest every single game he plays for rangers, just like anyone of us would do for the club we love! YES I GOTTA FACE FACTS CLINT HILL IS WITHOUT DOUBT A TRUE LOFTUS ROAD LEGEND! LOVE YA HILLY!
                LONDON CALLING TO THE ZOMBIES OF DEATH.... ALSO KNOW AS BRENTFORD FANS

Comment

As GN so eloquently wrote.....

Legend.
                  The only one we have currently IMO.

Zamora is a cult hero.
                  Austin has the potential to become legendary, BIG year comoing up for him.

Comment

Why is factamondo talking like a real human being!?

Comment

Love clint ,top pro ,good role model ,captain ,but not a Rangers legend ,cult hero yes . Really hope he stays with the club ,has got so much to teach the youngsters.
                      I don't believe we've had a legend here since Les.
                      Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

Comment

Absolute Legend! I dread to think where we would have been without him. in terms of professionalism, attitude and his loyalty through out his tenure here he has been nothing more than remarkable. What a fantastic role model for kids and for people in football. Hard work gets you everywhere. I think a few of you are being very unfair. He has been quality for us and is a good defender. how would you feel when you've bust a gut for 3 years and you get aholes like bosingwa one side of you and mbia infront of you? Never sherked his role once! What a fantastic LEGEND he is.

Comment

Working...
                        X