X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by twranger View Post
    Who cares what other teams are doing?
    See above.
    Already said I for one am not panicking but of course we have to care what other teams are doing. If Hull, for instance, improve by 20% we need to improve by, say, 25% to have a realistic chance of finishing above a relegation rival. The Prem League is not about achieving personal bests, its about being better than the teams likely to be around you in the table.

Comment

Originally posted by acricketer View Post
      Correct.
      Spurs?
      "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by QPRWEBBIE View Post
        Harry loves Deadline Day !!
        Yep....wish he didnt tho coz the season is 3 matches in by then!

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
          We tho are - most would agree - the weakest team in the division so we are under most pressure to improve. Not panicking yet and even if Tony decides he wd prefer to go down than be ripped off again I'm not going to criticise him. We also shouldn't underestimate how hard it is to sign the young, talented players we all want because (as Caulker shows) they will stall to see if they can go anywhere better. Its no coincidence that it is the big clubs who have done the most business so far. They are the good-looking guys at the dance who get to choose the best girls. We are the fat bloke waiting to see who is the least ugly girl we cd possibly tempt. BUT sorry to say it, if we don't have four to six really strong signings by the Hull game, I cd see us facing a season almost to rival the Derby relegation year.

I agree mate, yhink we will struggle if we dont bring in 5 or 6 prem class firts 11 players to mix with last years 11. reckon we also need 3 or 4 more players on top pf that to complete the squad.
          Im calm atm think we still got a couple of weeks before we panic and I truly believe by then we would of at least seen 2,3 or maybe even 4 players brought in. If none after that then i'm with you I think we will really struggle but in the right way, the players will fight just wont be good enough imo.

Comment

I keep waking up and thinking 'right today is the day!!' 'today we will sign caulker'.. ALAS Nooo.. just another day of watching our current players jumping up and down in a gym

Comment

Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
              I keep waking up and thinking 'right today is the day!!' 'today we will sign caulker'.. ALAS Nooo.. just another day of watching our current players jumping up and down in a gym
              Post of the day!

Comment

Cue TW telling us God has a plan for it all.. don't panic

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                  If Palace could stay up last season with the squad they had and the terrible additions they made so can we with the squad we have
                  Difference is Tony Pulis who has never been relegated with any club he has managed. Redknapp is not in his league of keeping clubs up.

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                    I have stayed pretty calm throughout but now I am starting to get concerned. We really need some of these signings to have a pre season and I think it would of been nice to bed a few players in. I just worry that last min deals mean the left overs that no body wants and harry loves a shocking last min panic signing ie Maiaga.
                    This is how I see it we need to get some deals done asap.

Comment

IF we keep hold of Remy and (a focused) Adel, that will feel like two signings.

Comment

Originally posted by Webb1977 View Post
                        IF we keep hold of Remy and (a focused) Adel, that will feel like two signings.
                        Totally agree, but two big "ifs" there.

Comment

Working...
                        X