Clear All

Your right just us and tottenham
    FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER http://twitter.com/SamGuzinski

Comment

http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/n...ndow-2014.html
      FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER http://twitter.com/SamGuzinski

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Tightlips View Post
        No - Spurs, Swansea, Palace, Everton (they already had Barry)
        We tho are - most would agree - the weakest team in the division so we are under most pressure to improve. Not panicking yet and even if Tony decides he wd prefer to go down than be ripped off again I'm not going to criticise him. We also shouldn't underestimate how hard it is to sign the young, talented players we all want because (as Caulker shows) they will stall to see if they can go anywhere better. Its no coincidence that it is the big clubs who have done the most business so far. They are the good-looking guys at the dance who get to choose the best girls. We are the fat bloke waiting to see who is the least ugly girl we cd possibly tempt. BUT sorry to say it, if we don't have four to six really strong signings by the Hull game, I cd see us facing a season almost to rival the Derby relegation year.

Comment

If Palace could stay up last season with the squad they had and the terrible additions they made so can we with the squad we have

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
            We tho are - most would agree - the weakest team in the division so we are under most pressure to improve. Not panicking yet and even if Tony decides he wd prefer to go down than be ripped off again I'm not going to criticise him. We also shouldn't underestimate how hard it is to sign the young, talented players we all want because (as Caulker shows) they will stall to see if they can go anywhere better. Its no coincidence that it is the big clubs who have done the most business so far. They are the good-looking guys at the dance who get to choose the best girls. We are the fat bloke waiting to see who is the least ugly girl we cd possibly tempt. BUT sorry to say it, if we don't have four to six really strong signings by the Hull game, I cd see us facing a season almost to rival the Derby relegation year.
            Oh really??...... I never thought I'd be that bloke, cheers Stains proper comfort food coming my way now

SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
              If Palace could stay up last season with the squad they had and the terrible additions they made so can we with the squad we have
              Pullis is a master at getting a lot out of very limited teams, like Fat Sam. Harry has always had to spend very big and have a massive squad. I wish I shared your confidence but I don't see one weaker club if you take the whole package, let alone three. If you look at the link posted by "Keep The Faith", the Hulls, Swanseas and West Broms have made some good additions, some on free transfers. As I say certainly not slitting my wrists and still plenty of time to transform our prospects, am merely talking about how we stand this minute.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick View Post
                Oh really??...... I never thought I'd be that bloke, cheers Stains proper comfort food coming my way now

I'm sure you are very dashing to the laydeeeez Nick, in a certain light...

Comment

I'm sure you are very dashing to the laydeeeez Nick, in a certain light...
                  .... yeah the night light
                  SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Lets not forget the World Cup has probably got in the way of a lot of activity up to now, not just us but in general, hence not that much has happened anywhere. Besides, we cant finalise the deals for Messi and Muller until they've played the final.

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                      Like Tom Ince, who couldnt even get in their team and many on here were moaning we didnt splash millions on a few weeks ago......

I agree with your post though.

Comment

if Tony decides he wd prefer to go down than be ripped off again I'm not going to criticise him.
                        I've been wondering about that. Let's assume - just for fun! - business doesn't go our way, and we end up taking the drop. That would mean the complete rebuild c/w new guv'nor that I think TF was planning for until the 90th minute. Let's face it, he MUST have had contingencies.

The problem with the idea that going back down and rebuilding could make more sense than splashing the cash is the overall financial picture. That's the nature of the EPL: once you're there it's very hard to accept that there is any other option (financially). Pointed out a while ago that promotion would bring as many problems as staying put. But it certainly spices things up...

Comment

Originally posted by Rangersw12 View Post
                          Christ sake they have only just gone back to pre season
                          yes, but the point being made is that other clubs have new signings already and as usual, QPR are left dragging behind.
                          would be good to have a few to start playing in pre season games.

Comment

Too much panicking far too early - relax. Que sera, sera.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
                              yes, but the point being made is that other clubs have new signings already and as usual, QPR are left dragging behind.
                              would be good to have a few to start playing in pre season games.
                              Who cares what other teams are doing?
                              See above.

Comment

We have a different problem to most teams in that we had a number of players out of contract and that problem needed to be sorted first. Then there are players coming back from on loan who might or might not be transferred. It is possible some of those player might actually be part of our team this coming season (after all they are QPR players). I think TF said they had a list of about 30 players they were interested in. This would suggest they are being prudent about who they offer contracts to (depending on whether they are interested, reasonable wages and if not on a free a reasonable transfer fee). All of this cannot be done overnight.

Comment

Working...
                                X